GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones Hardware Repair Area > Hardware Equipments for GSM > RE-7500 Reworking System & iSolder

RE-7500 Reworking System & iSolder the Infrared Reworking System - Product By Jovy Systems. & iSolder the intelligent soldering machine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2010, 14:56   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1236849
Thanks Meter: 2
Red face Jovy Re-7500 Upper Heater doesnt work

Hi Guys, hope You can help.
Upper heater decided to stop working today. Was fine on friday, does not work today.
I've bought it last September, from a reseller in UK, it should have 12 months manufacturer warranty so I would like to know what are the options now and what I should expect now.
Already sent an email to [email protected]
I have checked visually the bulb and it looks fine. Few obvious temperature surface cracks around the bulb but nothing that would indicate the bulb failure.
I believe there is a problem with internals, when I choose reflow/fast reflow manual for upper heater it shows up fine on the screen, heater doesnt work and machine goes to sleep after few minutes, even with the upper heater set up at reflow.
Any ideas? If I have to send it to Jovy HK for a month or so I think Im going to cry myself to dead
The Following User Says Thank You to katar83 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2010, 22:43   #2 (permalink)

I've opened the station and it seems that the upper heating element has gone. There are two channels on the little board, one for UH ad one for LH. LH works in both, UH doesnt seems to work in both. Also it seems that I cant control the UH from the front buttons and LH seems to be permanently switched on whatever the settings are when its connected to UH. There are two solid state relays behind the UH and LH socket. I think they are faulty but I'll wait for JOVY reply before I'll do some repairs myself.
Also any ideas where to get the Elstein Heating elements? Its a simple ceramic HSTS element.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:21   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 7062
Thanks Meter: 126
have you got any reply ?? Please give us a feed back !

Raheeeeb
Old 03-16-2010, 11:55   #4 (permalink)

Member: 132074
Thanks Meter: 13
heaters, infrared, heater element, heating elements,
Old 03-28-2010, 22:55   #5 (permalink)

Quick update just to warn everyone, Jovy directed me to their distributor in UK/London - insat electronics. Guy there, checked the station, sent a report to Jovy, Jovy sent the heater and a solid state relay. It took them a month to get the parts and install them which is VERY VERY POOR(or I could say CRAP SERVICE). They also charged me 50GBP for it which is a disgrace. (Im blaming mostly UK distributtor, not Jovy support which was quite good and helpfull)
It didnt really bother me because I just wanted it back as quickly as possible but anyone who will get in a similar position should fix it without JOVY help. In my case it needed elstein heater(50GBP from UK distributor and approx 10 days wait) and a solid state relay - 8GBP from RS-Components. Jovy is a simple piece of electronics, whatever brake anyone who uses it can most likely repair it.
Old 04-17-2010, 15:25   #6 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 1285693
Thanks Meter: 5
I have just received my Jovy from insat and the guys have been really helpful in many ways.

If im not mistaken to get the warranty cover in the UK you have to buy it from the official UK distributor which is Insat. If you buy one from an unofficial UK seller that just imports the machine on payment you run the risk of voiding your warranty and I guess your lucky they sorted it out as you could have had to send it back to Hong Kong.

I nearly bought one from ebay myself that came with a load of extras, but decided to get a UK shipped one from Insat. I think when i worked it out the import duty and VAT would have been nearly £450.

I'm really enjoying using it. Its been a lot harder than I expected to reball stuff though even with decent kit. I think once i get the flux sussed out all will be good.

Kujoy