GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones Hardware Repair Area > Hardware Equipments for GSM > RE-7500 Reworking System & iSolder

RE-7500 Reworking System & iSolder the Infrared Reworking System - Product By Jovy Systems. & iSolder the intelligent soldering machine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2007, 21:34   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 107258
Thanks Meter: 15
Reworking For Computer Motherboards

Hi Mates ,
Can We discuss some computer motherboard plastic connector ,north and south bridge removal ,reballing and resoldering .Most of Us Are Into Repairing or Other products at our shops and this kind of discussion would be ultra good .

Regards

amarbir[india]
The Following User Says Thank You to Amarbir For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2007, 07:14   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 139388
Thanks Meter: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarbir View Post
Hi Mates ,
Can We discuss some computer motherboard plastic connector ,north and south bridge removal ,reballing and resoldering .Most of Us Are Into Repairing or Other products at our shops and this kind of discussion would be ultra good .

Regards

amarbir[india]

I think their are some Discussion forums for computers But anyhow it maybe a good move for this forum
Old 01-06-2008, 16:02   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 7062
Thanks Meter: 126
Quote:
Hi Mates ,

Regards

amarbir[india]

It is Ok specailly there are some applications can never done by other re work sations (for example changing the LGA 775 socket).

BR//

Raheeeeb
Old 02-07-2009, 12:28   #4 (permalink)

Member: 307337
Thanks Meter: 5
Ya it would be really good to have solution for Motherboards as on the same forum.....
For Motherboards there's an special rework station, which is used for North and south bridge ICS....
Have one of them...
Old 08-03-2009, 12:05   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 14578
Thanks Meter: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenmobile View Post
Ya it would be really good to have solution for Motherboards as on the same forum.....
For Motherboards there's an special rework station, which is used for North and south bridge ICS....
Have one of them...

can you give us here some more detail with pic.?

thx. wbr
Old 08-07-2009, 15:48   #6 (permalink)

Member: 132074
Thanks Meter: 13
just bought jovy 7500 for this purpose, until now i used hot air, and light bulb irda machine, i will see if this jovy will improve the rework of pc motherboards.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:02   #7 (permalink)

Member: 1063850
Thanks Meter: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluniversal View Post
I think their are some Discussion forums for computers But anyhow it maybe a good move for this forum

can u give some forum linh where hardware discuse

thanks in advance
patel telecom
Old 08-09-2009, 08:05   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 397884
Sonork: 100.1587035
Thanks Meter: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluniversal View Post

give us some link for this
thx
Old 12-01-2009, 05:39   #9 (permalink)

Member: 1173426
Yes Pls Urgently Start this Motherboard Forum

I am a hardware engineer
i need this type of motherboard repair forum

thats a dreamy move for gsm
Old 12-01-2009, 05:40   #10 (permalink)

Member: 1173426
Hi this is good move ambir
can u search this type of forums
then reply me
i will be with u
good move on motherboard repairing
Old 12-01-2009, 13:13   #11 (permalink)

Member: 307337
Thanks Meter: 5
Its great move ahead

This would be a great move towards hardware repairing...
Might be helpful LAPTOP side, if we move nicely...

In case of any knowledge for parts and ic removing to write to me... can guide you people ......

best luck to every member
Old 12-17-2009, 08:20   #12 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 1129784
Thanks Meter: 15
Red face very nice

Quote:
Hi Mates ,

Regards

amarbir[india]
I am 100% agree with you. you have begun a good thread
Old 12-21-2009, 23:28   #13 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 44625
Thanks Meter: 36
Here's a video of how to remove epoxy from motherboards: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTPXK...eature=related

Sandip Golani's laptop repair training videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PFq4...eature=related

Sandip Golani on motherboard repair: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9gBi...eature=related

Troubleshooting laptop battery problems: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qazfv...eature=related
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trion For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2009, 19:20   #14 (permalink)
Freak Poster

SMD/PTH soldering 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vgRU...eature=channel
SMD/PTH soldering 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZxp3...eature=channel
SMD/PTH soldering 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHxNG...eature=channel

Washing and refurbishing boards: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N-op...eature=related

part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlaJt82696M&NR=1

Last edited by Trion; 12-23-2009 at 19:29.
Old 12-23-2009, 19:54   #15 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Fix HP TX 1000: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctHTF...eature=related

If you look around on google, you'll find related videos for fixing HP DV2000, DV 6000 and DV 9000 series latops. The same fix applies to Compaq V 3000. what's the common factor in all???
NVIDIA GPUs with a very bad cooling solution and lead free solder. The thermal pad between the heatsink and GPU doesn't conduct heat fast enough. This causes the GPU to overheat to temperatures well over 100-180 degrees. Lead free solder melts at 215 degrees, but its not so good at withstanding repeated heating and cooling and eventually the solder balls develop microscopic cracks and this is the reason the laptops eventually fail. If you reflow the Chip and forget to use a metal piece like a copper penny or a 2mm thick copper piece, the patop WILL fail again as the same thing will happen. Just changing heat sink paste won't help. You HAVE to remove the thermal pad and put a copper piece between the GPU and heatsink using a good heatsink paste like Arctic silver 5 or the new ceramic paste made by the same company. Also BEFORE you reflow the GPU, keep in mind that you have to remove the GLUE around the GPU, else the solder balls won't be properly re-seated when you reflow. You can measure the temperature using the software called "GPU-Z". If the temp on a working laptop is going above 80-90 degrees with normal operation (no games/ 3d applications), you have to make the cooling modification, else the laptop WILL fail sometime due to the heat buildup. Once you do the cooling modification, the average running temperature will be around 56 degrees or less. This is good. Even if your laptop hasn't failed yet, do the cooling mod and it'll work fine for a much longger time.

The Jovy- RE-7500 is the best machine for professional reflow of such GPUs and i've been using it for a while now.

B.R.