GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones Hardware Repair Area > Hardware Equipments for GSM > RE-7500 Reworking System & iSolder

RE-7500 Reworking System & iSolder the Infrared Reworking System - Product By Jovy Systems. & iSolder the intelligent soldering machine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2009, 19:21   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1081158
Thanks Meter: 0
Temp. Probe and other small issues.

Well I finally got my big wooden crate, containing my costly RE-7500 system.

I posting here since it seems there is no "support" any more at least not once they get your big bucks and your tracking number, after that you get nothing but "dead" space, or nasty replies like we only support machines we sell (hey, what do you think I have bought then!!).

Anyhow I solved most of my problems myself so far which were:

1: Pump always on, could not switch it off, seems the metal plate around the pump switch was not cut big enough to let it pop out, so a quick knife hack job, and that was fixed.

2: Getting the machine level so that the system would stay in the normal mode after moving from park mode, it keep switching back to park after a few seconds, so I rip off the four rubber feet and make my own four to get the machine nice and level.

3: Hmm, next step hook up the machine to my computer, damm no included usb cable even tho it was listed on the packing slip, a quick search of my area finally found a small discount store with
the right a-a cable, i had tons of normal printer like usb cables, but none with the a plug they used.

4: Can't see to get the suction to work on the little rubber pickup tool, the vacumm is there but I think the rubber part is crap, need to find a new replacement (any hints on where?)

Anyhow to my last two issues which I really need to some help with:

Q #1: -- I want to use the profile system, I try manual works nice, but I busy guy I don't have time to be watching my machine, that is why I bought a computer controlled one, but for some reason I can't get the temp. probe to read anything higher than 199*F and sometimes it reads 205*F then it drops, I trying to use the "lead-free" default profile they give you, but I read on here in another thread about the position of the probe needs to be right, and someone got some pictures from Jovy, but those were never posted here in these forums, any hints on what I should do regarding this BIG issue!

Q #2: -- Right now I just playing around with some junk to get a good feel of using the machine, but I like to try doing some reflow on those crappy x360 boards, and some ylod ps3 ones I got laying around here, does anyone have any hints on the right profile to use, the height of the upper heater, and should the board be screwed down to stop wrapping, I see some jovy dealers, selling on the 'net these thick mounting frames for the x360.

Too bad after they get your money there is no support, you don't even get info on how to login into the VIP area, after all this great bagging from all the dealers about "customer support area" and "downloadable profiles" you are left out in the cold, and get nothing but dead emails replies or "nasty ones" like who the **** you are, hey I the one that gave you MONEY!
Old 07-23-2009, 21:53   #2 (permalink)

Found that "temp. probe" bending picture!

Anyhow, after digging thru more threads here on this forum!

(By the way, great forum here, lots of useful info regarding this machine!)

I found that temp. probe bending picture in another thread here, funny how it says "it is illegal to print this picture", I guess that is why it is not included in their PDF manual or in the nice binded manual packed inside that "wooden crate".

So now I getting good temp. readings, (not sure if they are real, need to get another temp. probe to test) but they are ramping up much better, after I leave the system on preheat (from cold start) for 5 minutes, and then run the "lead-free" profile it at least finishes now and is little slow still on the first stage, but the second two stages (soak and reflow) seem to be close to the pre-defined speed/graph.

Wondering now about that profile, it seems a waste to have in the first stage, the upper heater turned on, since the unit is in park mode, all it does it burn my desk instead, and then again seems like a waste to have to move the unit from park to normal once the alarm goes off, is there a reason why you can't run all three stages in normal mode, so you don't need to do anything manual wise until the end, like move it back to park and turn on the fan.

And why not four stages, so there is auto-cooling stage for last part, so alert you to turn it back to park mode form normal and turn on the fan by itself?

It seems for all this money, they could have easy add a little motor to move the top part from park to normal and back to park, so it would be completely computer-controller (I have an idea of building one myself, but need to find a way to tap into their software and add that step!).

Oh'well enough of my rambling on, going back to playing with this costly toy of mine to see how I can improve it, still wish I could get access to those other profiles, maybe someday someone will reply to my support questions, I read on various places it takes over a week for one reply, and I talk with one dealer, which says they give up on Jovy because of the shipment delays from their orders, it seems they build them one at a time, and want pre-payment from dealers before shipping, I know it took me almost a month to get mine after paying for it in advance, and then another week in shipping, and another week in customs, and then bang zero-support after I signed for the "wooden crate".
Old 07-24-2009, 14:15   #3 (permalink)

Temp. Probe is CRAP!

I been doing some tests.

And no matter how I adjust the temp. probe I have come to think it is totally piece of ****, and does not read the real temp. at all, always too low.

Is there a way I can attached my own temp. probe and interface it to the port on the back of the machine?
Old 07-30-2009, 19:06   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 44625
Thanks Meter: 36
Hi,

Can you post some pics of what readings you are getting? Also kindly show what height you are placing the upper heater at. BTW, for the lead free proflie, as soon as i run it, i place the upper heater in normal mode regardless of the mistake in the profile. The upper heater is meant to heat the chip. And you are right in running the machine on preheat for a few minutes first. I run the machine and then place the board on it and then run the profile. The board temp is around 45-50 degrees centigrade when i start. I had a problem with inaccurate temp readings too at first. Its because the probe is probably not making good contact with the board. Bend it as they show and make sure it makes proper contact with the board. U can use a flashlight to ensure this. And for a nice reflow, use a good flux as this makes all the difference in a good reflow. Having a little flux under the area the probe is sometimes helps the probe make better contact with the board. I have been using AMTECH flux.
Old 11-07-2009, 02:49   #5 (permalink)

Member: 1127056
Thanks Meter: 1
i have 360 profiles if you need them cpu ` gpu `ram
Old 11-13-2009, 22:38   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 44625
Thanks Meter: 36
Please post them on this forum in a new thread.

Best regards!
Old 11-14-2009, 20:34   #7 (permalink)

Member: 1127056
Thanks Meter: 1
sorry how do i post them im new to the forum ` also does any1 else notice the fan ****s behind the piece you have worked with or is that on purpose ?
ok ill rar everything i have up and join mega upload or somewhere and post the link
regards

Last edited by razzy35uk; 11-14-2009 at 20:43.
Old 11-22-2009, 21:48   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 7062
Thanks Meter: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by razzy35uk View Post
sorry how do i post them im new to the forum ` also does any1 else notice the fan ****s behind the piece you have worked with or is that on purpose ?
ok ill rar everything i have up and join mega upload or somewhere and post the link
regards
Did you ask for buyer support ?

Sending complain here means that you did not found the answer from the buyer or from the company.

@all

Jovy direct support email is [email protected]

Regards
Old 12-11-2009, 00:57   #9 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 7958
Thanks Meter: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by razzy35uk View Post
i have 360 profiles if you need them cpu ` gpu `ram
this would be very helpful - for loads of folk - any chance of posting or pm ?