GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones Hardware Repair Area > Hardware Equipments for GSM > Tornado Infra Station

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2007, 20:33   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 29669
Thanks Meter: 1
Exclamation preheater and ... manual

Hi
I have just got full Tornado Infra Station.
There was no manual inside package.
So here I have a few questions :
-what temperature is shown on preheater and on main hand with lamp, I mean F(arenhait) or C(elsius)
-I think that little manual for preheater is needed for programing specially
here are some buttons and two indicators and diodes and buttons
-it would be great if we got some instructions about settings of preheater and hnd lamp ( I mean time , temperature, and distance between handlamp and PCMB)

wbr
diStefano
Old 08-03-2007, 22:19   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 6328
Thanks Meter: 3,595
Verry important:
http:///vbb/showpo...07&postcount=1
There you will find the first steps for using this tool.

To melt to soldering material you need over 200 degree Celsius - for "old"=nonROHS PCB.s and a bigger temperature for "new" PCB's - the lead free ones i mean.

You can hardly get some universal settings pattern since every PCB will behave different; the one will need more energy and the other less in order to melt the solder on the working area. This is why you need the Thermometer there.
In the package you have received a Thermometer --> use it, by fixing the thermocouple element on the area where you are working--> then you can see the REAL TEMPERATURE on the working area, and adjust the preheater and the handheld in order to obtain the needed temperature there.

1 - Preheater
It is used to heat the PCB from DOWNSIDE to a temperature UNDER the melting point of the soldering material. After the PCB area is preheated, you will have to apply less energy (compared with the situation if you would not have preheater) to the PCB Upper part, with the Handheld unit - so it will work faster, the "stress" for the PCB and the components will be also less.
SO - the temperature ON THE PCB, produced by the preheater should be somewhere 100 - 200 Celsius, DEPENDING on the technology (ROHS) used for the PCB. If you overheat, then the solder will melt and the components will fall down from the downside of the pcb.

On some Preheater it is used for adjustment just one potentiometer, on some others it is a programable control unit - both constructive alternatives doing actually the same job.
The control unit has 2 displays:
- big red display showing the REAL TEMPERATURE of the coil(heating element) inside
- smaller, green display - showing the Temperature of the coil - that you are setting
There are 4 buttons on the programmer: It is really verry easy and intuitive to work with them.

2 - On the Handheld Unit, there is one Potentiometer for adjustment and one display showing a scale (not Celsius).

As sayed - the Thermometer on the PCB is the one who give you the information if you need more "power" from the handheld or not for one or other PCB.

At the end: MOST IMPORTANT: Take your time to make FIRST some testings on old PCB's untill you get the necessary experience and skills.
Use more and use less power; don't care if you may also "toast" some old NON-working PCB's during the tests. It is verry important to learn what the tool can do, in order to be able to apply later the right working parameters on the phones PCB's.
Then you can start using your new Tool also for the repair works on the phones, without dammaging them.

regards,
Gobi
Old 08-04-2007, 05:20   #3 (permalink)

Member: 149938
Thanks Meter: 47
Does tornado infra comes with diffrent nozzles for diffrent ic ? or same nozzles with all ics.

br.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:27   #4 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Member: 4566
Sonork: 100.112355
Thanks Meter: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triminity View Post
Does tornado infra comes with diffrent nozzles for diffrent ic ? or same nozzles with all ics.

br.

The new tornado infra is using infrared heating, it directly heats and melt the lead on ic for rework purposes. NO more ****n out small ic's for there's no air used unlike those hotair stations. For best and faster rework it is recommended NOT to use nozzle so that all infrared heat can dissipate directly to the reworked ic.

In the new batch of handheld stations, the nozzles were not included so as not to confuse users on how to use it.

regards,

ren

Last edited by ren77; 08-04-2007 at 06:30. Reason: spelling
Old 08-05-2007, 19:09   #5 (permalink)

Member: 322206
Sonork: 100.1594813/.:SARCAR:.
Thanks Meter: 1,350
Hi REN77
I am asking you for perfect work of PA replacing , in hot airgun we heat the PA for fixing underside of the pcb but in most cases PA become faulty, so I ask you is this irstation replace PA without damage ? can we directly heat PA via this irstation?
pl give me more details on it
Old 08-05-2007, 20:06   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 66937
Thanks Meter: 5,053
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by scsarcar View Post
Hi REN77
I am asking you for perfect work of PA replacing , in hot airgun we heat the PA for fixing underside of the pcb but in most cases PA become faulty, so I ask you is this irstation replace PA without damage ? can we directly heat PA via this irstation?

Yes You Can Easily Replace PA From Upper Side Without Any Damage..!

PA Replacing

1. Temp On 28..!
2. 2-3 Cm Above From Pcb..!!
3. 1-3 Min Time To Remove...!!!

Regard's
Munna Bhai
Old 08-06-2007, 03:31   #7 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Member: 4566
Sonork: 100.112355
Thanks Meter: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by scsarcar View Post
Hi REN77

In working with PA, the idea is to apply less heat and always apply good flux to shorten the melting point of the lead.

Last edited by ren77; 08-09-2007 at 03:36.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:12   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 325999
Thanks Meter: 113
What Kind Of Flux U Recomanded ? Brand Which Availabe In Indian Market?
Regards
Old 08-19-2007, 05:51   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_49 View Post
What Kind Of Flux U Recomanded ? Brand Which Availabe In Indian Market?
Regards
Normal You May Use White Paist Exmp (goot) Alaliable Easily in India Markit....!

Regards
Munna Bhai
Old 08-19-2007, 08:45   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 325999
Thanks Meter: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMMUNNA View Post
Normal You May Use White Paist Exmp (goot) Alaliable Easily in India Markit....!

Regards
Munna Bhai
THANX FOR REPLAY BUT IS THAT WHITE GOOT PASTE IS USE FULL FOR LEAD FREE SOLDER.
REGARDS
Old 08-19-2007, 12:26   #11 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_49 View Post
THANX FOR REPLAY BUT IS THAT WHITE GOOT PASTE IS USE FULL FOR LEAD FREE SOLDER.
REGARDS
For lead Free We Already Providing Flux In Package Also Avaliable Sapratly For Quantity You May Contact Your Reseller..!

Regard's
Munna Bhai