GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > Hard/Software Products (official support) > Z3X-Team Products

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2016, 12:00   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2273156
Thanks Meter: 80
Here's How to Root Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge!

This is ONLY FOR INTERNATIONAL EXYNOS MODELS ONLY!!! ALL U.S. models including AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, and Verizon have LOCKED BOOTLOADERS MEANING NO ROOT.

For downloads, all the current models supported in this root method, and full step-by-step written tutorial, go here:
How To Root Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge! | GalaxyS7Root.com - Learn To Root And Install Custom ROMs On Galaxy S7 And S7 Edge!

Also see how to convert microSD into internal storage for S7 & S7 Edge here:
Download & Step-by-Step tutorial here:
How to Convert MicroSD into Internal Storage for Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge! [Adoptable Storage] | HighOnAndroid.com
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to zozodouce For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 03-10-2017, 00:34   #2 (permalink)

Member: 2470583
Thanks Meter: 2
the site for rooting S7 doesnt work
Old 03-11-2017, 12:56   #3 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 2136836
Thanks Meter: 15
the site for rooting S7 doesn't work i tryd too
Old 03-11-2017, 14:50   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1295624
Thanks Meter: 152
How to Root Qualcomm Galaxy S7/S7 Edge! [AT&T/T-Mobile/Sprint/Verizon] | GalaxyS7Root.com - Part 2
The Following User Says Thank You to bhiret For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2017, 19:10   #5 (permalink)

Member: 2470583
Thanks Meter: 2
its zenox not qualkum
The Following User Says Thank You to mnla For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2017, 15:46   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 27843
Sonork: 100.1646294
Thanks Meter: 26
how to root s7 with android 7
The Following User Says Thank You to gsmline For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2018, 23:00   #7 (permalink)

Member: 2854417
Thanks Meter: 0
Cool Found the rest of the instructions for the first post.

zozodouce,

I believe you created this thread that points to another thread on another site that lists instructions with just one step. I have too low of a post count to post addresses or to send you a PM it seems.

According to a post on that link there, most of the data was lost on the server. I found a cached version of that particular thread, if you want the link. One includes a video, but the pictures appear to be gone. I haven't looked through the entire cache that the Way back Machine has, so they might have the pics some wheres.

It does at least contain all of the remaining steps that are missing in the current thread, a video, and of course, downloads, which are probably pretty precious.

I have an address to the Way back Machine that has that info, but as previously mentioned, I cannot seem to find a way to get that info to you. Hopefully, the information I provided to you and other people here looking at how to root the non-American version of this cell phone is enough to find it on the Way back Machine.

I do not know if you can use that link to try and rebuild it or not, however, I personally feel there is a demand for that knowledge still, especially with the Canadian version.

I live in the US, we are in the process of starting up a business, we're doing a lot of work, it's just my wife and me and a buddy. He isn't around much though because he's got two children now, and a lot going on. I'm doing the business to try and provide a better life for my child. We have some contracts signed with some larger companies, and my wife purchased this cell for me as a gift. She doesn't understand the IT stuff as well as I do, and unfortunately, in it's current state, running Android 6 Stock, this cell phone cannot be used as a company device.

My device, in download mode, doesn't say Secure Boot, like my wife's American AT&T carrier unlocked cell phone does, but she's on stock Oreo. I don't know if my bootloader is actually not signed and if secureboot is disabled, or if Android 6 just doesn't display it. It does have the Secure Download displayed in Download mode, just like hers though.

I was able to downgrade from Android Nougat it was back to Android 6, after my wife accidently updated it, and it didn't trip Knox or anything. I was surprised it was allowed, however, I cannot seem to go lower. I heard with this particular phone (it's a Xac, so I can use it on any network in the US or Canada), if the modem version is G930W8XXU1B, the modem can be downgraded to G930W8XXU1A, and then the bootloader can be unlocked by sending modem commands to the unit without tripping Knox or anything.

However, when I was downgrading, I did not know much about this stuff, and installed G930W8VLU2API1, which I cannot seem to find away to downgrade without tripping Knox, which is something I don't want to do. I want to try to find a way to gain root, if possible, to delete various apps, then remove root, and install the company software we're required to have for various security reasons.

Kinda funny how Knox is supposed to be made to make the device more secure, but that's something I cannot have running on this phone, because according to the EULA I read, it will be sending data back to Samsung, which is something we cannot have.

Thanks.

Last edited by Spork Schivago; 07-29-2018 at 23:01. Reason: Forgot title.
Old 07-31-2018, 07:11   #8 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2596108
Thanks Meter: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spork Schivago View Post
zozodouce,

I believe you created this thread that points to another thread on another site that lists instructions with just one step. I have too low of a post count to post addresses or to send you a PM it seems.

According to a post on that link there, most of the data was lost on the server. I found a cached version of that particular thread, if you want the link. One includes a video, but the pictures appear to be gone. I haven't looked through the entire cache that the Way back Machine has, so they might have the pics some wheres.

It does at least contain all of the remaining steps that are missing in the current thread, a video, and of course, downloads, which are probably pretty precious.

I have an address to the Way back Machine that has that info, but as previously mentioned, I cannot seem to find a way to get that info to you. Hopefully, the information I provided to you and other people here looking at how to root the non-American version of this cell phone is enough to find it on the Way back Machine.

I do not know if you can use that link to try and rebuild it or not, however, I personally feel there is a demand for that knowledge still, especially with the Canadian version.

I live in the US, we are in the process of starting up a business, we're doing a lot of work, it's just my wife and me and a buddy. He isn't around much though because he's got two children now, and a lot going on. I'm doing the business to try and provide a better life for my child. We have some contracts signed with some larger companies, and my wife purchased this cell for me as a gift. She doesn't understand the IT stuff as well as I do, and unfortunately, in it's current state, running Android 6 Stock, this cell phone cannot be used as a company device.

My device, in download mode, doesn't say Secure Boot, like my wife's American AT&T carrier unlocked cell phone does, but she's on stock Oreo. I don't know if my bootloader is actually not signed and if secureboot is disabled, or if Android 6 just doesn't display it. It does have the Secure Download displayed in Download mode, just like hers though.

I was able to downgrade from Android Nougat it was back to Android 6, after my wife accidently updated it, and it didn't trip Knox or anything. I was surprised it was allowed, however, I cannot seem to go lower. I heard with this particular phone (it's a Xac, so I can use it on any network in the US or Canada), if the modem version is G930W8XXU1B, the modem can be downgraded to G930W8XXU1A, and then the bootloader can be unlocked by sending modem commands to the unit without tripping Knox or anything.

However, when I was downgrading, I did not know much about this stuff, and installed G930W8VLU2API1, which I cannot seem to find away to downgrade without tripping Knox, which is something I don't want to do. I want to try to find a way to gain root, if possible, to delete various apps, then remove root, and install the company software we're required to have for various security reasons.

Kinda funny how Knox is supposed to be made to make the device more secure, but that's something I cannot have running on this phone, because according to the EULA I read, it will be sending data back to Samsung, which is something we cannot have.

Thanks.
......what the ****?
Old 04-18-2019, 10:01   #9 (permalink)

Member: 2730111
Thanks Meter: 1
You have just create post inside post
Old 02-04-2020, 02:44   #10 (permalink)

Member: 2931224
Sonork: 100.1683387
Thanks Meter: 4
gsm team please help me my s7 not rooted and i cant do to root please any one who can tell me step by step ..