GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S

iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S iPhone 4 / 4S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2012, 22:42   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1705789
Thanks Meter: 56
After factory unlock iphone 4s activate problem

After factory unlock iphone 4s activate problem

IMEI: 013035XXXXXXXXXX
MODEL: IPHONE 4S 16GB WHITE
Current Software: 5.0.1
Activated Carrier:
Sold to Country: US
Coverage Status: Limited Warranty
Approx. Purchase: 2011-12-15
Sim-Lock Status: Unlocked

Old 06-16-2012, 22:48   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 190823
Sonork: 100.1604079
Thanks Meter: 554
This Issue Face many Peoples but i Think no one have Solution
Old 06-17-2012, 17:55   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

I could not find a solution.
Old 06-17-2012, 18:24   #4 (permalink)

Member: 73464
Thanks Meter: 26
solution is you need to have correct zip code from account att who is unlock and social security it is 9 digt you need to put last 4 digt form account att who is unlock
Old 06-17-2012, 18:39   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

ı dont have zip code?
Old 06-17-2012, 19:13   #6 (permalink)

Member: 73464
Thanks Meter: 26
zip code is billing address you have to register to at&t account
Old 06-18-2012, 17:53   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlnteam View Post
zip code is billing address you have to register to at&t account
thanks for reply.

bro I do not bill.
Old 06-18-2012, 23:10   #8 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 1771652
Sonork: 16174112
Thanks Meter: 9
Have you tried activing over WIFI ?
Old 06-19-2012, 21:38   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleiphone4s View Post
Have you tried activing over WIFI ?
thanks for reply
same problem bro
Old 06-20-2012, 11:02   #10 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 89873
Thanks Meter: 22
This one At&T iphone, you have to get all info from that guy you unlcoking with, he can give you all info, so put info there and enjoy thats it
Old 06-20-2012, 19:39   #11 (permalink)
No Life Poster

help...................
Old 06-20-2012, 23:53   #12 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 1771652
Sonork: 16174112
Thanks Meter: 9
Lost/stolen ????????????
Old 06-21-2012, 07:16   #13 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 395431
Thanks Meter: 458
at&t orginal sim card insert and no pin code .
Old 06-21-2012, 09:01   #14 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1417101
Sonork: 100.1619006
Thanks Meter: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkcellgsm View Post
at&t orginal sim card insert and no pin code .
i think this is the correct solution .. First restore with latest firmware then activate with at&t sim after u can use other sim card . DO NOT NEED ACTIVATE WITH OTHER SIM CARD .. .
Old 06-21-2012, 10:37   #15 (permalink)

Member: 1773635
Sonork: 100.1611513
Thanks Meter: 4
Dear CihanKayacan,

Read this comment from a website, maybe that can help you to see with AT&T.
I send the URL with full detail in MP.

Quote:
rsc60640 says:
April 28, 2012 at 1:07 pm
So here’s my story why I think AT&T tech support chat rocks! Apologize for a very long write-up.

I’m from Philippines and my brother who lives in the States gifted me an iPhone 4 he bought from e-bay which is locked to AT&T. I called on 4/13 via 1-800 number and requested to unlock the unit. The CS rep asked for IMEI number, asked for e-mail address, created my case, and told me to wait for the confirmation for potential unlock instruction by 4/20. So 4/20 came and I got no e-mail at all so I called AT&T again on 4/21 to check the status. The CS rep indicated that my case is still in-process and the resolution date was moved to 4/23. I asked the CS rep if he can confirm if the unit is eligible for unlock (since i don’t know if it is a clean contract) and the CS rep said that he doesn’t see any reason why it wouldn’t be unlocked (meaning it is eligible…why can’t he just say that?). So yeah, I’ve waited on 4/23 to get the magic e-mail (while from 4/20 – 4/23, i’ve been trying the unlocking process couple of times hoping it goes through) and it didn’t come. I called again on 4/24 to check status and asked what is going on. The CS rep this time indicated that my case has been resolved and moved to close status. I said, I didn’t get an e-mail from AT&T and asked the CS rep if he can double check. The CS rep once again confirmed that the unit is unlocked and case was closed but then offered to resend the unlocking instruction to my e-mail. I did get the e-mail afterwards but still the phone is not getting unlocked. I was so frustrated given that I have to stay up midnight to dawn (calling from the Philippines) just to reach CS rep in the US so yesterday 4/27, I called again the 1-800 number, talked to a CS rep then this time was transferred over tech support. Once again, the CS rep and the tech support confirmed that their records indicated that my unit has been unlocked and told me couple of ways to do the restore. Everything failed..felt sad, frustrated, annoyed, stressed out, as I have this thing for weeks now and it is not getting resolved. I thought for a second that the unit maybe faked, or my PCs have problems (yes, tried it to different PCs). Reading couple of forums, I learned from others that I can verify unlock status by going to IMEI.info and entering my information. So yeah I did try this morning and it indicated that the unit is still locked to AT&T. I felt like even if I call AT&T 1-800 number again, i would just get the same blah blah answer that the unit is unlocked so I tried calling Apple iPhone tech support this time. Got connected to Apple tech rep but pushed me away and said that I should resolve the issue with the carrier. I felt hopeless and feel helpless again….I called my brother in the US and see if he can reach out AT&T for me since he has an account with AT&T. My brother logged on to his AT&T account and reached CS rep via CHAT. SUPRISINGLY, we learned that the unit is still locked all this time and the CS rep was able to UNLOCKED it in just few minutes!

Here’s the transcript of the chat conversation.

My brother: Hi, I need help in unlocking an iPhone unit that I gifted to my brother. We called AT&T several times everyone we talked to indicated that the unit has been unlocked. However, we followed the unlocked instructions sent through e-mail but the unit remains locked to AT&T. We thought that the unit could still remain locked with AT&T and we need help verifying the true status. The unit’s IMEI number is XXXXXXXXXX.

info: Please wait for a chat representative to respond.
info: You are now chatting with ‘XXX XXXXy’
ATT CS rep: Hello XXXX.
ATT CS rep: Thank you for contacting us using AT&T Live Technical Chat, and verifying your account in the pre chat survey.
ATT CS rep: I will be happy to assist you with your iPhone today.
ATT CS rep: Do verify, you have tested a non-AT&T SIM card in your phone?
My brother: Yes…I did and it still indicates invalid sim
ATT CS rep: Do you still have your Case Reference Number?
My brother:: Yes I do have but it is under my brother’s name (My Name) Case ref is CMXXXX_XXXX3025
ATT CS rep: Thank you. Would you be able to provide me with his account information as well? Mobile number, first and last name and last four of his Social Security Number, please, in order to access his information?
My brother:: He does not have an account with AT&T.
ATT CS rep: Okay, one moment please.
ATT CS rep: Did you receive an email stating that your case had been closed with instructions to restore?
My brother:: Yes. we got the e-mail and also talked to CS rep via phone couple of times… We are a little bit frustrated because the case status indicated it is resolved and closed but still unable to unlock. We thought maybe it is still not unlocked at apple’s database. We called Apple directly and we were referred back to ATT.
My brother:: We just don’t know what to do.
ATT CS rep: I can certainly understand your frustration, and thank you for your patience. I am further researching your issue.
My brother:: Appreciate your assistance..
ATT CS rep: I am reaching out to a manager for further assistance, thank you again for your patience.
My brother:: Thanks..i am just hanging in here…
ATT CS rep: My manager has been able to access to see that your phone is, indeed, not unlocked. She is researching further as well.
My brother:: awesome news… at least we know the real status
ATT CS rep: She has been able to unlock your phone for you. You can go ahead and connect to your iTunes and restore again.
ATT CS rep Did you require us to send you the email again?
My brother:: THANK YOU XXXX and to your manager!
ATT CS rep: You are most welcome. Thank you again for your patience.
My brother:: Please can you send an e-mail to [email protected]
ATT CS rep: I do apologize for the inconvenience, was very glad to help you today.
ATT CS rep: Is there anything more that I can assist you with?
My brother:: no more! THANKS!
My brother: bye
ATT CS rep: We realize that you have a choice in Wireless providers and thank you for giving us the opportunity to assist you today. We appreciate your business and thank you for visiting AT&T’s Live Support Chat.

——
Moral lesson – don’t trust anything that the live CS rep person is saying.. go to AT&T chat tech support. If you don’t have an AT&T account, have someone (a friend or a family member), reached out AT&T viat chat and request to unlock the iphone…

I’m glad this is over, my unit is unlocked, and I can move on!

——
First date reported: 4/13
Date resolved: 4/28
Resolved thru: AT&T chat
Others: Unit purchased on e-bay.