GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S

iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S iPhone 4 / 4S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2011, 06:20   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1549396
Thanks Meter: 24
Cool Here's How To Unlock iPhone 3GS on iOS 5.0.1 By Patching Ultrasn0w 1.2.4 Manually

Sorry guys I was a little out of touch, anyways I'm back and i've got some really good news to share with iPhone 3GS owners. As you all know that ultrasn0w has not been updated to support iOS 5.0.1 as yet so some people were asking how they can unlock their iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS on iOS 5.0.1 using ultrasn0w. Well I didn't get much about iPhone 4 but I found a 100% working solution for iPhone 3GS posted here.

Cheers to developers

mooodey
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mooodey For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 12-03-2011, 09:51   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 754208
Thanks Meter: 67
really gud news,, i have one 3gs 5.01 06.15, i 'll try n post today...thx
Old 12-03-2011, 09:59   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 754208
Thanks Meter: 67
ultrasnow patch can'nt be download

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooodey View Post
Sorry guys I was a little out of touch, anyways I'm back and i've got some really good news to share with iPhone 3GS owners. As you all know that ultrasn0w has not been updated to support iOS 5.0.1 as yet so some people were asking how they can unlock their iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS on iOS 5.0.1 using ultrasn0w. Well I didn't get much about iPhone 4 but I found a 100% working solution for iPhone 3GS posted here.

Cheers to developers

mooodey
brother, link for ultrasnow patch not working ....any other link??
Old 12-03-2011, 11:26   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 817970
Thanks Meter: 62
used this software

iPhoneUnlocker.rar (5,60 MB) - uploaded.to
Old 12-03-2011, 15:37   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 643010
Sonork: 100.1612806
Thanks Meter: 2,856
iOS 5.0.1 is out from past couple of weeks but still an Ultrasn0w update has not been released in order to unlock iPhone 3GS with BB 6.15.00 on it. A lot of users who restored iOS 5.0.1 on their iPhone 3GS but rely on unlock were stuck with a “No Service” error on their Home Screen. Yesterday we posted about Ultrasn0w fixer which is a third party solution to unlock your iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS on iOS 5.0.1 but that solution is having some problem. Some people were getting dependency issues and even developers of that tweak refused release a fix for it.
Anyhow, folks over BiPR came up with a brilliant manual Ultrasn0w patch which will fix ultrasn0w 1.2.4 and make it work on iPhone 3GS running iOS 5.0.1. Don’t panic it’s an easy process and we tried it personally and we can confirm that it works for iPhone 3GS iOS 5.0.1.
Important: By following this method you can ONLY unlock iPhone 3GS running iOS 5.0.1 with iPad’s baseband 6.15.00 (which most of iPhone 3GS users are running now). DO NOT try it on iPhone 4.
How To Unlock iPhone 3GS On iOS 5.0.1 BB 6.15.00 By Patching Ultrasn0w 1.2.4:

Things you will need during this process:
  • Jailbroken iPhone 3GS running iOS 5.0.1 with baseband 6.15.00 (If you’re not jailbroken on iOS 5.0.1 you can follow our complete step by step guide to jailbreak it using Sn0wbreeze )
  • Ultrasn0w 1.2.4 patch file (Download)
  • iFile (if you don’t have it in your iPhone you can get it by adding xSellize Repo repo )
  • iExplorer (Download for Windows | Mac)
Before you begin: Take out SIM card from your iPhone
Step 1: Download Ultrasn0w 1.2.4 patch file from the link above and extract it on your desktop.
Step 2: Connect your iPhone 3GS to computer via USB cable.
Step 3: Run iExplorer which you downloaded from the link above, it will automatically detect your iPhone 3GS and display your iPhone 3GS’s files in Windows Explorer like view.
Step 4: Navigate to
raw file system/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/
Step 5: Before making further changes, back-up CommCentreClassic file by renaming it to CommCentreClassicOld and to be on the safe side save a copy of it locally on your computer as well.
Step 6: Copy and Paste CommCentreClassic file which you downloaded and extracted on desktop in Step 1
Step 7: Now let’s get back on your iPhone 3GS, launch iFile on your iPhone 3GS and navigate to :
System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/
Step 8: Tap on commcenterclassic, click the Blue arrow next to the file name, go to Access Permissions and set the following permissions:
  • User: Read, Write, Execute
  • Group: Read, Execute

• Global: Read, Execute
Step 9: Launch Cydia from your iPhone 3GS’s homescreen and install ultrasn0w 1.2.4 from there.
Step 10: Disable 3G option and Cell Data Network under Settings > General >Network. Now you can insert your SIM card
BOOM! You iPhone 3GS with baseband 6.15.00 should be unlocked on iOS 5.0.1 now.
If you face any problems during this process feel free to contact us, we’ve tested this process and we can confirm that it works perfectly fine.
If an Ultrasn0w update comes for iOS 5.0.1 which is expected very soon all you have to do is replace the patched file with your back-up file and re-run ultrasn0w
The Following User Says Thank You to cts2007 For This Useful Post: