GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S

iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S iPhone 4 / 4S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2010, 20:00   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 517801
Sonork: 100.1594355
Thanks Meter: 316
Iphone 4 IOS4.0.2 to 4.0.1

Downgrade Your iPhone 4 Firmware From 4.0.2 to 4.0.1

Posted by: Rene

Okay so you got your iPhone 4 on firmware 4.0.1 or 4.0 and all of a sudden you have a major crash (probably due to “trials”, tweaks you have been installing or using Rock app). Now Cydia doesn’t want to open, your apps are crashing. Yup you have to restore now! The only problem is, Apple is only allowing you to restore to iOS 4.0.2 which is does not have a jailbreak. What Now!!?
This is how to bypass Apples signature server so you can restore to firmware 4.0.1 or 4.0 and re jailbreak your iPhone 4.
NOTE: For this to work, You previously would have had to backed up your SHSH Blobs for 4.0.1 or 4.0 via Cydia or TinyUmbrella. If your iPhone 4 came with iOS firmware 4.0.2, you unfortunately are screwed until a new jailbreak is released.. which probably wont be until firmware 4.1.
Apple decided that every restore of the device would be verified as being valid and safe by Apple itself.
To do this, during the restore process, users see “Verifying restore with Apple…”, during which time a challenge/response protocol is used between the iPhone and Apple: a “partial digest” of the firmware files being used is sent to a server, which can then decide to sign off on the result… or not.
Not only does this allow Apple to keep custom firmwares from getting loaded onto the device, but it also allows them to recall existing firmwares by keeping people from restoring to them in the future.

You will need to edit your hosts file located here – C:WindowsSystem32driversetchosts (Windows) or /etc/hosts (Mac OS X) and add 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com to the bottom.
Doing this will trick iTunes to think it’s talking to Apple, when in reality it is talking to Cydia instead, therefor bypassing Apples limitations.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to bappi1 For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 09-01-2010, 20:14   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1294044
Thanks Meter: 1,269
Donate money to this user
Good work

GOOD WORK BR

MR:bappi1

thanks

::BR::
..::KASHIF::..
The Following User Says Thank You to ..::KASHIF::.. For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2010, 20:23   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1305009
Thanks Meter: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by bappi1 View Post

Okay so you got your iPhone 4 on firmware 4.0.1 or 4.0 and all of a sudden you have a major crash (probably due to “trials”, tweaks you have been installing or using Rock app). Now Cydia doesn’t want to open, your apps are crashing. Yup you have to restore now! The only problem is, Apple is only allowing you to restore to iOS 4.0.2 which is does not have a jailbreak. What Now!!?
This is how to bypass Apples signature server so you can restore to firmware 4.0.1 or 4.0 and re jailbreak your iPhone 4.
NOTE: For this to work, You previously would have had to backed up your SHSH Blobs for 4.0.1 or 4.0 via Cydia or TinyUmbrella. If your iPhone 4 came with iOS firmware 4.0.2, you unfortunately are screwed until a new jailbreak is released.. which probably wont be until firmware 4.1.
Apple decided that every restore of the device would be verified as being valid and safe by Apple itself.
To do this, during the restore process, users see “Verifying restore with Apple…”, during which time a challenge/response protocol is used between the iPhone and Apple: a “partial digest” of the firmware files being used is sent to a server, which can then decide to sign off on the result… or not.
Not only does this allow Apple to keep custom firmwares from getting loaded onto the device, but it also allows them to recall existing firmwares by keeping people from restoring to them in the future.

You will need to edit your hosts file located here – C:WindowsSystem32driversetchosts (Windows) or /etc/hosts (Mac OS X) and add 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com to the bottom.
Doing this will trick iTunes to think it’s talking to Apple, when in reality it is talking to Cydia instead, therefor bypassing Apples limitations.
so change ur title,if u dont have any solution for iphone 4 from 04.02 to 4.1 or previousnot allowed blabla
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xavi29 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2010, 20:30   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 643460
Sonork: 100.1609569
Thanks Meter: 93
Thumbs up how to jail brake and unlock 3gs 4.0 plz help and thanks for good into

Quote:

thanks i have 3gs white color on recovery mode now its dead if i update with letest with 4.02 its possible or 4.01
Old 09-01-2010, 22:48   #5 (permalink)

Member: 732697
Sonork: 192.168.0.10
Thanks Meter: 0
Thumbs down iphone 4 from 04.02 to 4.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi29 View Post
so change ur title,if u dont have any solution for iphone 4 from 04.02 to 4.1 or previousnot allowed blabla
GOOD WORK ok iphone 4 from 04.02 to 4.1
Old 09-01-2010, 23:04   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 917893
Sonork: 100.1584763
Thanks Meter: 3,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by khurram_player View Post
thanks i have 3gs white color on recovery mode now its dead if i update with letest with 4.02 its possible or 4.01
yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Old 09-01-2010, 23:06   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 917893
Sonork: 100.1584763
Thanks Meter: 3,156
Quote:

lol what is new here ??????????????????????
Old 09-02-2010, 07:25   #8 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 517801
Sonork: 100.1594355
Thanks Meter: 316
Quote:
possible Khurram player tri it

100% downgrade Done 3GS 4.0.2 to 4.0.1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

. Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

Open the host file with notpad

ADD THIS LINE AT THE END
74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

after doing all these steps successfully
do these steps now carefully no need save shsh.
1-phone should be off now connect to itunes with usb it will turn on normal(phone should be activated).
2-now don't remove usb and turn off the phone normally.
3-now put the phone in dfu mode while connected.
4-now hold shift button and restore it with 4.0.1 it will be done successfully.

remember do these steps carefully as stated
best of luck

74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

Thanks
Old 09-02-2010, 07:32   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1254195
Sonork: 5454
Thanks Meter: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by khurram_player View Post
Download AutoShsh from Google,and save automatic over Recovery Mode your SHSH Blobs.

B.R
Old 09-02-2010, 14:02   #10 (permalink)

Member: 402069
Hi !
I cant download AutoSHSH please give me download link!
Old 09-06-2010, 08:41   #11 (permalink)

Member: 1387698
i just wanted to say thank you!!! this fixed my iphone 3gs. i had it jailbroken on 4.0.1 and i tried to erase all content and settings on the phone and it locked up on me. when i tried to restore. damn apple server wouldn't let me unless i updated to 4.0.2 and i want to sell my 3gs so if anyone wanted to jailbreak they could

so with much much mad respect thank you again.. back with OFW 4.0.1