GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f456/)
-   -   Please help me fix my iphone 3gs (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f456/please-help-me-fix-my-iphone-3gs-1388889/)

rich_festamk3 11-26-2011 14:45

Please help me fix my iphone 3gs

Ok, i bought a second hand iphone from ebay, the bloke said that itunes came up 3194 error. I looked up the fix on google and managed to restore the phone.

The phone was working for a little while and then kept restarting itself asking to be connected to itunes to be recovered.

I tried recovery several times but phone still kept going in a loop where i set the phone up with location etc and then asked to be connected to itunes again.

I thought that maybe it was IOS 5 playing up so i used snowbreeze to create custom basic firmware and flashed it to the phone with itunes.

This hasnt resolved the problem in fact i am now unable to flash genuine apple firmware to the phone. it comes up a message saying "unable tu restore iphone" error code 1

i have tried kicking the phone out of recovery but it still does the same :mad:

your help would be much appreciated :)

Kind regards, Richard

rich_festamk3 11-26-2011 14:52

hi, thats what i tried before which got the phone up and going for about ten minutes before recovery loop.

now i cant flash anything to the phone except snowbreeze firmware but when i do the phone still keeps restarting and asking to be restored

I get errpr code 1 when i try to restore any other firmware except snowbreeze firmware

fay00 11-26-2011 14:59

to flash snowbreeze firmware u must put the phone in dfu mode with redsnow

erikcell 11-26-2011 15:09

friend looking to do is restore it through itunes following with the final version 4.1 will come out error 1015 which resolved the tyumbrella or with a program called error1015fixer then loading the bags with rednows tikeas firware 4.1 then in cydia and the iPad you climb the firware to 6.15 then install baseban ultranows through cydia and ready to enjoy your iphone this would be the most aconsejavle friend helped avert expected health

rich_festamk3 11-26-2011 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by fay00 (Post 7928035)
to flash snowbreeze firmware u must put the phone in dfu mode with redsnow

I was able to flash snowbreeze firmware that was not a problem. it said recovery was complete. its just that the phone goes into a recovery loop with itunes

cowen1000 11-26-2011 15:14

I agree with erikcell.

Try restoring phone to 4.1, if it has ipad baseband installed, it will fail at the end with 1015 error, just use ireb to fix recovery and all should be well.

Dont forget that 4.1 is still passing authorisation so you wont need to use tiny umberella, just use stock apple firmware and itunes.

rich_festamk3 11-26-2011 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowen1000 (Post 7928093)
I agree with erikcell.

Try restoring phone to 4.1, if it has ipad baseband installed, it will fail at the end with 1015 error, just use ireb to fix recovery and all should be well.

Dont forget that 4.1 is still passing authorisation so you wont need to use tiny umberella, just use stock apple firmware and itunes.

will i need to flash the genuine 4.1 or custom 4.1 ?
i am now downloading:
iPhone 3GS Custom iOS 4.1 Firmware IPSW

will it fix the loop problem?

sorry erikcell i didn't fully understand your post.

kind regards, Richard

rich_festamk3 11-26-2011 15:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowen1000 (Post 7928093)
I agree with erikcell.

now looking for stock apple firmware as you advised. will try stock first and then try the custom if it dont work.

I have noticed that with the phone in recovery mode it still seems to restart with the apple logo and then goes to the plug in to iphones screen? is that normal?

cowen1000 11-26-2011 15:59

Put phone into pwnd dfu using ireb, ignore the recovery mode. Then restore to 4.1 using stock firmware. You can download it from felixbruns.

Dont run tiny umberella and make sure your 'hosts' file is empty of any gsapple blah blah.

When your phone fails with 1015 error, just use ireb or tiny umberella to exit recovery.

That should make your phone useable again :)

rich_festamk3 11-26-2011 16:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowen1000 (Post 7928235)
Put phone into pwnd dfu using ireb, ignore the recovery mode. Then restore to 4.1 using stock firmware. You can download it from felixbruns.

Dont run tiny umberella and make sure your 'hosts' file is empty of any gsapple blah blah.

When your phone fails with 1015 error, just use ireb or tiny umberella to exit recovery.

That should make your phone useable again :)

i cleared the hosts file and put it into recovery mode manually with the holding power and home button for ten seconds then holding home for another ten seconds. It got to the end of restore and came up error 1002.

i have just tried again using ireb to put phonr into recovery mode.

It has started recovery but seems to be stuck with the apple and progress bar beneath. the progress bar doesnt appear to be
moving? Itunes says "restoring iphone firmware"

UPDATE:
It has now stopped and says itunes cannot restore iphone. error 1002 and phone has now reverted to plug into itunes screen

cowen1000 11-26-2011 16:49

1002 is baseband error

Has it got ipad baseband?

Flash 4.1 custom firmware into it. dont run tiny umberella and make sure hosts are clean. That will install.

Once done, check your baseband, if its on 6.15 then reflash the baseband with redsn0w 0.9.6b4.

If the baseband is 5.* then post results before you proceed.

rich_festamk3 11-26-2011 17:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowen1000 (Post 7928363)
1002 is baseband error

Has it got ipad baseband?

Flash 4.1 custom firmware into it. dont run tiny umberella and make sure hosts are clean. That will install.

Once done, check your baseband, if its on 6.15 then reflash the baseband with redsn0w 0.9.6b4.

If the baseband is 5.* then post results before you proceed.

Ok, the stock one didnt work. I downloaded and joined custom 4.1 and tried to open it in snowbreeze but it says its an invalid file so i guess i have got to find another download?

rich_festamk3 11-26-2011 17:28

i have found a custom IOS 4.1. now waiting for second half to download so i can join it to first and then follow your directions. will keep you posted

rich_festamk3 11-26-2011 19:36

ok i have downloaded firmware created with snowbreeze. its snowbreeze 4.1 activated no baseband update.

I have put the phone in DFU mode but i am now getting a 1600 error code in itunes. grrr

any ideas?

rich_festamk3 11-26-2011 20:15

no matter what i do i cant get any firmware to install since clearing the hosts file?