GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Chinese Models & Cloned Phones

Chinese Models & Cloned Phones All China Phone Platforms like (MTK, Spreadtrum.. etc.) Cloned Nokia Nokla & Motorola . etc. Phones are included

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2010, 16:13   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1277011
Thanks Meter: 0
Blackberry 9500 Style Mobilewith cracked Screen

Ok i bought this phone thinking it was a genuine blackberry 9500 storm. Only to find it was a copy of the phone and not genuine. It is a chinese brand cloned phone. It looks and I assume functions just as the blackberry 9500 storm.

The problem is everything works fine and it is actually a good phone with nice features BUT the touchscreen does not work as there is a crack in the screen at the bottom left. Without the touch screen it is more or less useless.

Now the seller refused to give a replacement or refund and now is just ignoring my messages.

The phone cost over $100 so it would be waste to throw it away.

What i need to know is can i get a replacement touchscreen or get it fixed in the UK or EU?
Old 04-05-2010, 06:43   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 421117
Sonork: +92 346 5544377 (PHONE)
Thanks Meter: 2,522
YOu can Fix it in your country as well.
Go ahead and find some CHina phone repairing shop nearby your location where somebody replace Touch sreen module.

Br,
Umair
Old 04-05-2010, 15:06   #3 (permalink)

i tried looking but cant find anyone i live near manchester uk any ideas who i can go see??
Old 04-06-2010, 06:55   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 421117
Sonork: +92 346 5544377 (PHONE)
Thanks Meter: 2,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzeler View Post
i tried looking but cant find anyone i live near manchester uk any ideas who i can go see??
You may get via shipping from China .
Old 04-08-2010, 09:18   #5 (permalink)

Member: 1205216
Thanks Meter: 7
We can provide the touch screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzeler View Post
Ok i bought this phone thinking it was a genuine blackberry 9500 storm. Only to find it was a copy of the phone and not genuine. It is a chinese brand cloned phone. It looks and I assume functions just as the blackberry 9500 storm.

The problem is everything works fine and it is actually a good phone with nice features BUT the touchscreen does not work as there is a crack in the screen at the bottom left. Without the touch screen it is more or less useless.

Now the seller refused to give a replacement or refund and now is just ignoring my messages.

The phone cost over $100 so it would be waste to throw it away.

What i need to know is can i get a replacement touchscreen or get it fixed in the UK or EU?

Hi Rizzeler,

How did you pay for the phone? If you used PayPal, then you should open a dispute inside PayPal. You are the buyer, you will win no matter what.

If you need the screen, just tell me. We can probably supply it for you. These phones have 2 screens: an LCD display and a touch panel. They are under $20. Please let me know if you need the screen, and we will give you a good price.

John from Solonomi
Old 04-08-2010, 11:53   #6 (permalink)

I pid using paypal, i did open a dispute but paypal stated that as the transaction was outside ebay their buyers protectionwould not cover me.

Ok yes if you got the screen can you supply me? are you based in UK? Also is it something i can fix myself, i have previously opened the phone. I have seen the LCD touchscreen and so can clarify its right one if you show me a picture of the one you got.

The actual LCD appears to be ok. ie.e the colours and display are fine. There are two cracks on the screen im not sure if its the touch panel or lcd that is cracked but i assume if it was the lcd that was cracked then the screen image/colours would be messed up (which they arent).

many thanks.