GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Chinese Models & Cloned Phones

Chinese Models & Cloned Phones All China Phone Platforms like (MTK, Spreadtrum.. etc.) Cloned Nokia Nokla & Motorola . etc. Phones are included

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 13:28   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1147780
Thanks Meter: 0
How do I connect my Odyssey CVDQ-M56 phone to internet?

I have just recieved my phone and am unable to use internet browser.
My service provider OPTUS Australia doesn't know what settings to send me.
Is there an easy way to rectify this?
Many thanks
Simon
Old 10-24-2009, 09:16   #2 (permalink)

Member: 1145951
Thanks Meter: 2
I recently purchased a wif fi mobile from ***********, model CVDQ-M56 Odyssey - WiFi Quadband . I cannot connect to the internet, the wifi (WLAN) finds & connects to my network (linksys) but there is no data transfer. The opera mini browser launches but fails to connect as well as safari & e-buddy. I have tried every combination of settings and even got myself into the “not allowed to dial “ problem which I fixed with engineering mode. The phone also does the same thing at public hotspots. I also have two laptops that automatically connect to my linksys at home and at public hotspots. I have watched the videos from *********** but they do not advise on specific settings. Any suggestions or help websites will be appreciated,
Thanks
Old 01-20-2010, 03:46   #3 (permalink)

Member: 1213606
Thanks Meter: 0
Simon Kent Lee: I followed this and got my Optus to work:
http://74.125.153.132/search?q=cache...ient=firefox-a

hope it works for you also.

May take a few trial and errors before you get it correct.

And it's funny they don't know what to send you... They've been stuck with using automated systems for so long, they can't do it manually...

For me, I use the 'Network' button, as it's the same as Safari, and my Opera doesn't work...

In Network, Data Account, GPRS, I just edit one of the settings there I don't need and for the APN I have wap.optus.net.au.

For MMS, I just have mms for the APN.

Back in Network, in WAP, Settings, Profile, I make a new one, or edit an old, and for Data Account, I select the GPRS settings I made above, and for Connection Type, I use HTTP, with Proxy enabled, and IP 202.139.083.152, Port 8070

Going to MMS, going to settings and Server Profile, I select the MMS settings I made above, and for the MMSC address, I have http://mmsc.optus.com.au:8002
Connection Type as HTTP, Proxy enabled, IP 061.088.190.010, and Port 8070

Those settings work for me.

ybowbs: WiFi works for me without problems, your phone may be faulty or something. I don't know what it could be preventing yours from working.
The only thing I can think of is when you go to Network, WAP, Settings, Profiles, your SIM you want to use the WiFi from, doesn't matter, WLAN, set your Data Account to Wireless LAN, and I have Proxy disabled.