GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Chinese Models & Cloned Phones

Chinese Models & Cloned Phones All China Phone Platforms like (MTK, Spreadtrum.. etc.) Cloned Nokia Nokla & Motorola . etc. Phones are included

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2013, 23:21   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2069419
Thanks Meter: 0
How to program a MT625X processor from source code?

Hello all,

I would like to "program" a Mediatek MT6252 feature phone processor. By "program", I mean that would like to be able to compile my own custom source code, generate a binary file and then flash the apropriate memory IC conneted to the MT6252. I have seen several flash tools and *.bin flash files lying around on the web, but I have yet to spot an SDK IDE tool (that supports MTK chips) that can generate flash files from source code. Mediatek does not seem to have such a IDE that is available online while at the same time impeding everyone (unless you are one the big boy companies) to become a customer.
Given the amount of flash files I have seen on the web, I believe that others (enthusiasts mostly) must have found a way to modify and customize their own phones to suit their desired purposes. I cannot fathom that all the flash files are simply binaries that were just read back from the memory using flash tools. I imagine that at least some of them must have been developped from almost-scrath or by other means. Basically what I am looking for is some SW tool (and guidance/advice/tutorial/examples) for programing MT6252s the same way one programs a MSP430 MCU with TI's IAR IDE. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to locate such an IDE, one that permits to see/develop the source code - free or otherwise. As I am posting this question I realize that there must be tons of info on how one can do this but I have yet to find something resembling a definite answer to my question/request. I have seen so many (so VERY many actually) flash tools and flash files and request for flash files that I feel flooded with search possibilities. Many forums (this one included and I thank them for that) are very kindly describing how one goes about to a flash a phone... but that is not what I am looking for.
All and any help will be appreciated.

Some additional info:
----------------------
Any MT62XX example should be also fine, IDE-wise.
I am not necessarily looking for freeware.
I am hesitant on purchasing any SW unless I see some reference that it supports the MT625X series.
It will not end up in a phone, probably end up in a custom-made gadget device, so there should be no existing flash file out there for me.
I would like to disable modules that may be always ON in a regular phone (eg: disaplay & keyboard for example) -so need access to source code or equivalent.
MT6252 was released in 2011 and runs on the Nucleus RTOS platform. However other MediaTek ICs have around for much longer.

Regards,
Glouter
Old 07-19-2014, 04:18   #2 (permalink)

Member: 2225078
Thanks Meter: 0
sir:if you need Mediatek Android Source code , please contact me ,the code such as MT62xx all of source code packet .you needn't pay MTK license fee to get it .