GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Chinese Models & Cloned Phones

Chinese Models & Cloned Phones All China Phone Platforms like (MTK, Spreadtrum.. etc.) Cloned Nokia Nokla & Motorola . etc. Phones are included

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2008, 18:58   #1 (permalink)

Member: 817282
Thanks Meter: 0
P168 Not Powering up

Received my iFoe P168C 2 days ago. Went into the engineering menu and changed the SIM setting to 'high-speed sim'. Phone immediately powered down.
I am not able to power the phone up again. Removed/ replaced battery, without any success.
I realised as reading through the forum that you guys are the experts on these GSM phones. I do not know how to do 'open heart surgery' as you guys are doing, so help will be appreciated.
Old 07-18-2008, 20:17   #2 (permalink)

Member: 233205
Thanks Meter: 5,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebanana View Post
Received my iFoe P168C 2 days ago. Went into the engineering menu and changed the SIM setting to 'high-speed sim'. Phone immediately powered down.
I am not able to power the phone up again. Removed/ replaced battery, without any success.
I realised as reading through the forum that you guys are the experts on these GSM phones. I do not know how to do 'open heart surgery' as you guys are doing, so help will be appreciated.

now at the moment, you have 2 way-
1. first try to format (though its mtk cpu)
2. 2nd try to full flash your phone.

though you need flash file, plz post details about your phone and original flash file version, i will try to help you.

wbr
tkowsar
Old 07-18-2008, 21:14   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the reply tkowsar.
I am all new to this, so you are mentioning things that I have never done before, as they say there is always a first time. So I will first need to go and read up as to how to go about doing the format.

I have just reveived the phone so therforee not yet opend it, which I believe is what I am suppose to do to get to the CPU to do the formatting.
Old 07-18-2008, 21:33   #4 (permalink)

Arrow

Quote:
Thanks for the reply tkowsar.
I am all new to this, so you are mentioning things that I have never done before, as they say there is always a first time. So I will first need to go and read up as to how to go about doing the format.

I have just reveived the phone so therforee not yet opend it, which I believe is what I am suppose to do to get to the CPU to do the formatting.

plz read this 2 post, you found primary knowledge about china phone-
http:///vbb/showthread.php?t=562967
http:///vbb/showpo...53&postcount=1

wbr
tkowsar
Old 07-18-2008, 21:49   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkowsar View Post
plz read this 2 post, you found primary knowledge about china phone-
http:///vbb/showthread.php?t=562967
http:///vbb/showpo...53&postcount=1

wbr
tkowsar
Ok thanks will do and get back to you
Old 07-18-2008, 21:51   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Ok thanks will do and get back to you
Just another question while I ma reading why is the phone behaving like this when you change the SIM type?
Old 07-18-2008, 21:59   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Just another question while I ma reading why is the phone behaving like this when you change the SIM type?
Hey tkowsar
It seems that there is a problem with the second link you posted. I cannot get to it Can you please perhaps redo?
Thx
Old 07-19-2008, 06:10   #8 (permalink)

Arrow

Quote:
Hey tkowsar
It seems that there is a problem with the second link you posted. I cannot get to it Can you please perhaps redo?
Thx

my posted link is ok, also here is main thread link for this post-

http:///vbb/showthread.php?t=563971

wbr
tkowsar
Old 07-19-2008, 09:32   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkowsar View Post
my posted link is ok, also here is main thread link for this post-
http:///vbb/showthread.php?t=563971

wbr
tkowsar
Thank you, read all the information. I do not have an usb-serial cable at the moment. I have also spoken to the distributor in the mean time about the problem and they offered to replace the phone for me so I therefore would not go down the route of formatting or flashing the phone and building or buy a cable just for this once-off use.
Thank you for your time and assistance in this regard.
Old 08-08-2008, 14:44   #10 (permalink)

Member: 831827
hey guys, i have tried going into the links you have posted, but I must admit I have absolutely no idea what most of these things mean.
I need help getting my "p168c" phone back into working shape. It's been 5 days now and i have still not been able to make it turn on.

Help. . .

Thanks
Old 08-08-2008, 19:47   #11 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 440163
Thanks Meter: 2,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpediemj View Post
hey guys, i have tried going into the links you have posted, but I must admit I have absolutely no idea what most of these things mean.
I need help getting my "p168c" phone back into working shape. It's been 5 days now and i have still not been able to make it turn on.

Help. . .

Thanks

Whats the problem with your set explain it more and clearly?

B.R
Old 08-11-2008, 21:22   #12 (permalink)

Member: 831827
the same thing that happened to "bluebanana" happened to me.
My father heard about the engineering menu, and went into it. he changed the "high-speed sim" option and the phone said "3 seconds to power off" and then it DID. ]
Since then i have had no way to revive the phone. The computer does not recognize it when i plug it in with the usb cable that i used to tranfer data with when i first got it.
Changing the battery, or pressing buttons on it don't work. The seller will not replace it, so i either fix it, or junk it.

WHat to DO ?? ??

CArpeDiemj

ps: thanks for answering.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:19   #13 (permalink)

Member: 988836
any update on how to get the dead phone to power on?