GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Chinese Models & Cloned Phones

Chinese Models & Cloned Phones All China Phone Platforms like (MTK, Spreadtrum.. etc.) Cloned Nokia Nokla & Motorola . etc. Phones are included

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2008, 19:27   #1 (permalink)

Member: 814311
Thanks Meter: 5
V2 Watch Phone info

I recently purchased a V2 watchphone off of ebay. It works pretty well so far.

I can't find any information on this phone. I did a lot of searching to find out that the manufacturer of the phone is Kaliho of China. Their website is www.kaa.mobi

I have emailed them several time to every single email address on their web page asking for simple information, but they simply won't reply.

I am a J2ME developer, and bouth this phone because it was advertized as having Java. I want to port some games and applications over to this watch phone, but noone has information on how to even upload .jar/.jad files to the phone. I've uploaded them to the SIM card via the usb cable, but they are not detected. Is there some kind of interface software available for thise watch phones?

Also, after trying every day for 2 weeks, I can' get MMS or gprs working (USA Cingular).

Is there any information anyone can chare on this phone?
Old 07-14-2008, 19:56   #2 (permalink)
TAW

Member: 813696
Thanks Meter: 1
Exclamation

Hi,

I also have a V2 watch phone and it is driving me crazy

There seems to be no support or information on the internet for it at all.

My one has a problem with the touch screen, in that I can't click on the menu button as the calibration is out. There seems to be no way to access the menu via the hard buttons.

All I have found is some *# codes :-

*#06# IMIE no
*#900# Bluetooth on
*#901# Bluetooth off
*#0000# default language
*#0044# english language
*#1234# AD2P Mode PTS/Normal
*#22# Auto test
*#33778# Serial No
*#000# Version Summary

Under version summary :-

CBM20_EFAR_FM_V14
CBM20_6225_TRULY_OV7670_080512
2008/05/12 10:20

The one code that I am looking for is a factory reset one, but no-one seems to have it.

Are you able to download the firmware from your watch and post it on here for someone to decode??

As far as I know, the V2 does not support Java. I have not been able to try MMS or setup GPRS internet as I can only use the the buttons on the strap.

Lets hope there are some other people out there who know some info about the V2 watch
Old 07-14-2008, 22:04   #3 (permalink)

Re: V2

Thanks for that information - thats more than I have been able to collect

As far as Java support, i'm prettys sure it is there, as I have seen in mentioned in countless advertisements for the V2

What chip does the V2 use?

I wish I could dump get a dump of the phone, but I dont' have a clue what software I need, or how to do it
Old 07-14-2008, 22:24   #4 (permalink)
TAW

Smile

If yours is the same as mine, it looks like it has a mt6225 chipset.

Try *#000# on yours and see if it has the same firmware :-

CBM20_EFAR_FM_V14
CBM20_6225_TRULY_OV7670_080512
2008/05/12 10:20

I have seen some mention that the built in games are java, but as you have tried if you put jar/jad files on the memory card the file manager program doesn't know how to handle them. This is information I found elsewhere, as I can't do anything with my V2

Wish somebody would come up with a reset code......
Old 07-14-2008, 23:54   #5 (permalink)

Yes *#000# lists the exact same information you posted. - so we have the same phone.

As far as your touch screen - here is how I get to the touchscreen calibration on my V2...
Hit the House icon on the bottom-left corner.. On the screen that comes up, hit the Gear icon in the bottom-right corner. On the next screen, hit the Gear Icon in the Upper-Right Corner. Hit 1 on the keypad to start the calibration wizard. Hopefully your calibration isn't so far off that you can't navigate here...

Also, regarding Java.. There might be a special directory to put the .jar and .jad files in, as I have noticed that there are hidden folders in the filesystem that start with "@"

One thing that I have found that ***** about the phone, is that there is no global setting for "Hands Free" (speaker phone). You got to hit the Hands Free item during a call each time.

Any more information you can share?
Old 07-15-2008, 13:07   #6 (permalink)

Since information is so scarce on this phone, I am going to take it apart tonight and post pictures. We should also be able to find out exactly what chip it uses. Maybe someone here can help me get a dump while I have it apart.

Is it also possible to dump the internal flash memory? I'd really like to mod this phone (use my own graphics, force to speakerphone, etc)

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-15-2008, 13:29   #7 (permalink)

Some more information, though probably not too helpful:

I found some press releases on the Internet talking about Kaliho starting a partnership with Shenzhen Newchabridge Communication Co. LTD a couple of years ago. I wonder if this means that the phone is actually manufactured by Shenzhen Newchabridge Communication Co. LTD? I visited their website at www.newchabridge.com, but there were no english pages to be found.

Does anybody have any contacts for them, or any information on them?
Old 07-15-2008, 16:32   #8 (permalink)

Well, since there is no information available, I'm going to start brute-forcing the *# codes.

So far I have done ranges 00-99 and 0000-0099. Here is what I have found so far:

*#21# - Call Forward Unconditional Deactivated
*#30# - Call ID Presentation Provided
*#31# - Call ID Restriction Not Activated by Default
*#33# - Barring All Calls Not Provided
*#35# - Barring All Incoming Calls Not Provided
*#43# - Call Waiting Activated for Telephony
*#61# - Call Forward When Not Reply Activated
*#62# - Call Forward When Not Reachable Activated
*#67# - Call Forward When Busy Activated
*#75# - Displays a screen which says "Default:0 Max:0
*#76# - Connected Line ID Presentation Not Provided
*#77# - Connected Line ID Restriction Not Provided

*#0007# - Russian Language
*#0033# - French Language
*#0086# - Displays an error message "Error in set Simplified CHineese Language"

Anyone want to join in, we can split up the ranges and get this phone mapped out
The Following User Says Thank You to jondecker76 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2008, 01:38   #9 (permalink)

Well I spent several hours cracking into my V2 watch phone. It took almost 3 hours to get put back together because of the extremely small size of all of the components. I was afraid for a while that I would never get it back together!

Here are the specs on the CPU and what appears to me the main memory chip
CPU
MT6225A
0815-ABTL
KTFU 4453

FLASH
0812JFD
V00570002ADGB
ZD2665 JAPAN

and now, some pics:

*After removing the back piece, the main board and CPU are clearly visible.

*Removing a couple of screws.. You can see that the main board was sandwiched together with another board (looks like the auxilary board just interfaces the display, touch screen and keypad. It was nearly impossible to get the very small Male Socket on the flexible micro-ribbon connected back up with the main board.. This part took nearly 3 hours to get hooked back up.

*Hey look, i got it back together and working again!

Once I get some free time, I may try to find the rx/tx and solder some leads on them. I'd like to get a dump of this firmware
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jondecker76 For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 07-16-2008, 08:18   #10 (permalink)

Member: 815384
Thanks Meter: 0
I also have the same V2 watch phone and firmware. My phone does not support MP4 video files though. Even the test MP4 video that comes with the 1 gb card does not work. 3GP files work fine and MP4 audio works fine. Is anyone having this same problem? Anyone have a solution? Thanks!
Old 07-16-2008, 10:36   #11 (permalink)

I'm not sure about the .mp4, I haven't tried it yet. It was advertised as supporting .mp4 video though

Then again, it was advertised as supporting Java too, but I finally received an email back from Kaliho today:
Quote:
Hi Jon Decker,

Kindly note the V2 could not support the Java function, so can not add any extra Java applications in it.

Best Regards

Ruby Wang

Company:AKK International Group Co.,Limited

Add.(office): 41/F Golden Center Tower, Jintian Road, Futian CBD District, Shenzhen, China

Tel.: 86-755-82805550 82805538

Direct: 86-755-82805528

Fax: 86-755-82805548 86-755-82805515

E-mail:[email protected]

MSN:[email protected] Yahoo:[email protected]

I emailed VanDerLed today (the maker of the original watch phone that the V2 is a cheap clone of) asking what the differences were, and if their original watch supports Java and .mp4 video. I'm hoping to hear back from them soon.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:19   #12 (permalink)

Thanks for the info. Just curious about the java apps. My 1 gb card that came with the watch had some .jar files in it when i used the file manager in the phone.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:31   #13 (permalink)

I noticed that some of the #codes are similar to the nokia. Try this code for hard reset, it may or may not work:

*#7370#
Old 07-16-2008, 14:07   #14 (permalink)

allenp - thanks, tried the hard reset code but it didin't work. Do you have a link to the other Nokia codes? I'll try them all out.

Yes, my card came with Java .jar files also, but the phone simply doesn't support Java so they are useless.
Old 07-16-2008, 22:59   #15 (permalink)
TAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenp View Post
I noticed that some of the #codes are similar to the nokia. Try this code for hard reset, it may or may not work:

*#7370#
Wish it was that easy , but the other codes don't follow the other china phones.

Jon, You are brave taking yours apart. Glad you managed to get it back together.

Hopefully now we know the cpu and flash type, someone might have some answers.

Pity about java, although I had a suspicion that it wouldn't work

I did start trying random codes, but nothing new to report. Got a horrible feeling it is going to be a long one for a reset.

Hopefully Jon will feel brave enough to try and download the flash and we can have a look through and find some more codes.