GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Chinese Models & Cloned Phones

Chinese Models & Cloned Phones All China Phone Platforms like (MTK, Spreadtrum.. etc.) Cloned Nokia Nokla & Motorola . etc. Phones are included

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2010, 01:50   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1271672
Thanks Meter: 0
wifi works, but opera ucweb, teashark fail to connect to internet

I have a A809 tv phone. It has the same problem as in this thread http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f457/how-configurate-bolt-f003-mini-opera-808286/
Opera mini version 3, 4, 5, teashark, ucweb7 all fail to connect to the internet. But the problem is not with wifi because at least one app that comes with the phone can use the wifi connection. eg. It can load a downscaled version of Yahoo! (without much of the regular content). But the net app is quite useless because

1. it complains about scripts not supported on almost every site. eg. CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News cannot be displayed at all;

2. it displays the chinese versions of a lot of sites eg. Google even though the entire interface is in english. But since the phone doesn't even have chinese support, the chinese characters all appear as rectangles. I can't even try to decipher the chinese message because they are all rectangles.

The second browser that comes with the phone is ucweb6 chinese version, or should I say 'rectangle' version. The entire interface is in "rectangles". So I don't know what's going on. I click on the lower bottom button, choose the option ending with #0, type in a web address, no webpage shows up. So I suppose it fails to connect to the internet as well, just like ucweb7. I also try to install ucweb6 english version, but i can't because the default ucweb6 chinese version cannot be deleted or overwritten.

If someone knows how to fix this problem, please help. Basically I just need one browser to work, so I can use the internet.

Somebody please help.
Old 04-09-2010, 16:41   #2 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 846640
Thanks Meter: 10
You are connecting to the internet, if I'm right, I guess you could be having trouble with the Java app. i am using Opera Mini 4.2 and it's working fine. Download UCweb 6.3. I think that UCWeb 7.00 is having some conflicts with some cloned China phones. Good luck friend.
Old 04-09-2010, 17:56   #3 (permalink)

Member: 1271672
Thanks Meter: 0
I have already tried the following:

bolt lite 1.7: I use the 'net' app that comes with phone, visit http://boltbrowser.com/boltlw.jad The app is automatically downloaded to my phone and installed, successfully. I then run bolt lite 1.7 immediately. It complains about "Internet not available. Check network services." So 'net' works, but bolt lite doesn't.

ucweb6.3 english: Cannot be installed because the phone already has ucweb6.3 chinese, which cannot be deleted or overwritten.

ucweb 7: installed successfully. Fails to connect to internet

opera mini 4.2: installed successfully. I run it. It's stuck at the "installing" page, with the red indication bar up to 1/5 completed. It's probably trying to connect to internet with no avail.

opera mini 5: installed successfully. Complains about no internet connection

opera mini 3: installed successfully. Complains about no internet connection

teashark: installed successfully. Complains about no internet connection

ucweb6 chinese: comes with the phone. No english interface. No idea what's going on. Does not seem like it can load a webpage. No internet connection as well?

'net' : comes with the phone. works fine with wifi after some tweaking: settings -> profiles -> wifi lan (last one on the list) But it loads chinese version of google, facebook, twitter etc. Something is telling some server that I want the chinese version and that's not right. I am in Canada and I'm not using proxy or anything.