GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   HTC Android based (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f485/)
-   -   Gold Card - For Android Phones (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f485/gold-card-android-phones-1009439/)

.:SUBRATA:. 05-27-2010 09:14

Gold Card - For Android Phones

This guide explains how to create a GoldCard. A GoldCard is a special SD card which, when inserted into your device, allows you to flash RUU files with a different CID to your own device. For example, if you own a T-Mobile branded device, this will allow you to flash a generic ROM.

Requirements
  • Spare microSD card
  • Windows PC (recommended)
  • ADB (part of the tools folder of the SDK, available for download here
  • HxD Hex Editor, available for download here
Step by step instructions
  • Format the microSD card to FAT32 format.
  • Put the microSD card in your device and boot it.
  • Ensure you have unzipped the SDK, then open a command prompt to the extract location. Change to the 'tools directory.
  • Enter 'adb shell cat /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc1/mmc1:*/cid' and press enter. You should get a very long number which looks like this: 532600bd227d9c0347329407514d5402.
  • Visit this page, paste in your number and reverse it. In our example the result would be 00544d5107943247039c7d22bd002653.
  • Visit this page, enter your reversed number and create your goldcard image, which will be e-mailed to you.
  • Open the HxD hex editor. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, you must run the application as administrator.
  • Go to the 'Extra' menu and select 'Open Disk'. Under physical disk, select Removable Disk (your microSD card), uncheck 'Open as Readonly' and click OK. Note that you should select physical disk NOT the logical disk. This is important!
  • Go to the 'Extra' menu again and select 'Open Disk Image'. Open the goldcard image that you received by email.
  • You should now have two tabs - one is your removable disk, the other is your goldcard image. Press OK when prompted for 'Sector Size' (selecting 512 (Hard disks/Floppy disks)) and click OK.
  • Click on the goldcard image tab. Go to the 'Edit' menu, choose 'Select All' then select the 'Edit' menu again and select 'Copy'.
  • Click on the 'Removable Disk' tab. Highlight offset (line) 00000000 to offset (line) 00000170 (including the 00000170 line), then click on the 'Edit' menu and select 'Paste Write'.
  • Click on the 'File' menu and select 'Save', accepting the warning.

GoldCard Tool v0.0.5
[ Download ]

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?...=post&id=55643

Requirements:
Step by step instructions:
  • Format the microSD card to FAT32 format.
  • Put the microSD card in your device and boot it.
  • Launch GoldCard Tool (Right Click and run as Admin if needed)
  • Connect Android device to USB (USB Debugging must be enabled on the device)
  • Click 'Get CID' (If MMC1 fails try MMC0)
  • Click the link to open revskills.de, enter the CID number from Goldcard Tool and create your goldcard image, which will be e-mailed to you.
  • Enable USB Mass Storage on the device.
  • Click 'Refresh' and select your microSD card in the drop down menu.
  • Click 'Load GoldCard.img' and open the .img file you got by email.
  • Click 'Patch MMC'
You now have a goldcard!

[Notes]

HTC Sync is required for drivers only
Android SDK is not required

You now have a goldcard!
http://www.modaco.com/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Thanks to all people who discovered this method. and tested for us. to work safely. especially Paul @ Modaco.

B.R
Subrata

Gsm2Extreme 05-28-2010 07:36

does this goldcard work on all Android phones? Or do you have to make an goldcard for every phone?

irfanboss 05-28-2010 08:10

Subrata u too good i appriciate

.:SUBRATA:. 05-28-2010 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gsm2Extreme (Post 5894793)
does this goldcard work on all Android phones? Or do you have to make an goldcard for every phone?

Yes it does, work with almost all Android phones in market currently.

ll1221 06-03-2010 04:36

Who can moreover all conjunctions, with gratitude, can't use in China a lot of conjunctions!!!

Boshko_Alfa 06-04-2010 16:12

my htc is conected but why show this? where is error?
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/71/1111111111il.jpg

Boshko_Alfa 06-04-2010 19:10

Ok i solve problem with conectivity now problem with hex - memory card is read only!

canot write copied files form goldcard.img

.:SUBRATA:. 06-05-2010 05:53

@ Boshko_Alfa

Did u "Un check" read Only ?

chandlerweb 06-05-2010 18:44

I have added some steps...

Thanks for this very helpful guide. I have added some steps which probably seem obvious but some people, like me, like everything spelled out exactly...

1. Format the microSD card to FAT32 format – name the card as anything you like although I suggest naming it GoldCard
2. Put the microSD card in your device and boot it.
3. Connect the phone to your PC using the MicroUSB to USB cable
4. Put the phone into HTC Sync Mode and ensure USB debugging is enabled
5. Ensure you have unzipped the SDK, then open a command prompt to the extract location. Change to the 'tools directory.
6. Enter 'adb shell cat /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc1/mmc1:*/cid' and press enter. You should get a very long number which looks like this: 532600bd227d9c0347329407514d5402. If it says 'adb server is out of date', ignore this, as long as you get the long number.
7. Visit this page and paste in your number and reverse it. In our example the result would be 00544d5107943247039c7d22bd002653 – It’s actually reversing pairs of numbers and replacing the first pair with 00 (e.g. last pair is 02 so this becomes 00, next to last pair is 54 so the start of the reversed number is 0054 etc).
8. Visit this page and enter your reversed number and create your goldcard image, which will be e-mailed to you.
9. Save the goldcard.img file that was sent via email to your hard drive
10. Change the USB mode on your device from HTC Sync to Disk Drive (alternatively, turn off device, remove card and place into USB card reader). Make sure the removable drive is now visible in Windows Explorer.
11. Open the HxD hex editor. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, you must run the application as administrator.
12. Go to the 'Extra' menu and select 'Open Disk'. Under physical disk, select Removable Disk (your microSD card), uncheck 'Open as Readonly' and click OK. Note that you should select physical disk NOT the logical disk. This is important! Read any warning that may appear about possibly making your disk unreadable and click ok.
13. Go to the 'Extra' menu again and select 'Open Disk Image'. Open the goldcard image that you received by email.
14. Press OK when prompted for 'Sector Size' (selecting 512 (Hard disks/Floppy disks)) and click OK. You should now have two tabs - one is your removable disk, the other is your goldcard image.
15. Click on the goldcard image tab. Go to the 'Edit' menu, choose 'Select All' then select the 'Edit' menu again and select 'Copy'.
16. Click on the 'Removable Disk' tab. Highlight offset (line) 00000000 to offset (line) 00000170 (including the 00000170 line), then click on the 'Edit' menu and select 'Paste Write'.
17. Click on the 'File' menu and select 'Save', accepting the warning.
18. Click on the ‘File’ menu and select ‘Exit’ to close the program.

rajeshchiyyan 10-28-2010 16:20

how to solve this problem?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boshko_Alfa (Post 5923957)
my htc is conected but why show this? where is error?
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/71/1111111111il.jpg

my device not connect like that it's only connect shows android usb device only (not like the green color)
how to solve? only android phones only use or windows mobile ?
and i have the same problem ....

if i use qmat for get sd card serial number ?

pls answer my questions

[email protected]

rajeshchiyyan 10-28-2010 16:46

here is the error...

http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/x...g?t=1288280712

jusmejose 11-19-2010 21:14

what Does This Goldcard Do?...

@phone 12-19-2010 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by jusmejose (Post 6587280)
what Does This Goldcard Do?...

Subrata explained it on the first page.. A GoldCard is a special SD card which, when inserted into your device, allows you to flash RUU files with a different CID to your own device. For example, if you own a T-Mobile branded device, this will allow you to flash a generic ROM.

That means you can Reset All HTC Android phones to factory setting with Gold card and your Phone code, CID code, Network operator code will be unlocked after Resetting.

The down part is that you can only use the Gold card 2 times and you need to Generate another Gold card..

There is also a Clip in the market that Generates HTC Android Gold card Automatically in 1 minute by clicking just one button but the price is not cheap HERE

http://www.__________.com

nikgolf 01-19-2011 13:29

pls i need copi cid have a in get cid or in debug log ? or reversing cid ??

rajeshchiyyan 01-20-2011 12:51

u will pase ur reversing cid of ur microsd card and ur email brother .. :)