GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Non GSM/Mobile Related Forums > Game Consoles & Mp3/4 , HD players

Game Consoles & Mp3/4 , HD players Repairing and servicing Mp4, Mp3 devices, HD players.. you may also find here any threads related to Game Consoles devices like Wii, PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo .. etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2009, 12:40   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 74415
Sonork: gsm.zone
Thanks Meter: 339
Arrow MMSX: How to install CFW (Custom Firmware) the easy way...

I JUST DOWNGRADE MY PSP 1000 AND WORK PERFECT FROM 5.03 TO 4.01

ENJOY
BR
KARIM

This first section will help you to install 4.01 M33-2. If you want to install 5.00 M33-4 you need to scroll down to the bottom of this post

Please post a negative or positive if you use the MMSX to install CFW. There is a very small percentage of users that report problems. I would like to know exactly what this percentage is. The MMSX Root files have been downloaded 5257 times as of this edit and only a handfull of people have reported problems. I need you to post if it worked or not, if you cant atleast post a simple 'it worked' or 'it didnt work' then I would prefer if you looked elsewhere for a Magic Memory Stick. This mainly goes for all you 'guests' that dont even make an account...

The MMSX is a universal "unbricker" class MMS (Magic Memory
Stick) that (when combined with a Pandora Class Battery), will install
CFW (Custom Firmware) 4.01 M33-2 onto any PSP, phat or slim.
When using the MMSX it does not matter what firmware, custom or
official, your PSP is currently running. There is no need to
downgrade. If you have firmware 3.52 or higher, you must have a
Pandora’s Class Battery. If your PSP's firmware is lower than 3.50
there are other ways to install CFW, but that will not be discussed in
this guide and the use of a MMSX is still highly recommended. The
MMSX uses DC7, which allows one to regenerate the ID Storage on
your PSP. This means that if the ID Storage on your PSP is
completely wiped out or is corrupted that you will be able to fully
restore it. The MMSX does not just install CFW 4.01 M33-2; it comes
loaded with additional features

Note: This guide does not apply to the new PSP's that use a TA-088 v3 motherboard.
They can not be hacked, yet...

To install CFW 4.01 M33-2 using a MMSX you will need a few things.
The MMSX Guide
A Pandora Class Battery
A real Memory Stick
A computer
A USB cable or a card reader/writer
And the files in the links below

NOTE: To run all of the PC Application to build a MMSX you need a few other things. If you are using XP you must have the latest .NET Framework update. Get it at www.microsoft.com, its free. If you are using Vista you must right-click and select "Run as Administrator" when you run pspgrader...

Download here:
Megaupload:
The MMSX Guide.pdf (228.35KB) YOU NEED TO READ THIS...
PC Applications for the MMSX (25.6MB)
Root Files for a Phat PSP (135.2MB)
Root Files for a Slim PSP (110MB)

Torrent:
Torrent With all files seeded by Phil, Cliche, and anyone else willing

Heres 8 smokin' hot wallpapers of Misa Campo. Their also included in the MMSX.
Misa Campo Wallpapers

Karathacker's Theme Pack wont be pre-loaded in the MMSX, if so the
MMSX itself would be a HUGE download, sorry. But you can get it here:
[Release] Theme Pack v2 For 4.01M33 By Karothacker

If you have any question please read The MMSX Guide or post them here. Also, if anyone finds any errors please let me know so I can fix them pronto...

Thank you.. To everybody who helped me get this far... And, to those who played a part in the making of the MMSX.....

If your having the "green light/black screen" problem try switching memory stick brands. A member here said that two Sony memory sticks gave him probs, but a ******* worked perfect the first time...

Please post something if you use the MMSX...

THIS SECTION IS FOR THE MMSX-8: USED TO INSTALL 5.00 M33-4
Release as of 1/12/09

The MMSX-8 is a universal "unbricker" class MMS (Magic Memory
Stick) that (when combined with a Pandora Class Battery), will install
CFW (Custom Firmware) 5.00 M33-4 onto any PSP, phat or slim.
When using the MMSX-8 it does not matter what firmware, custom or
official, your PSP is currently running. There is no need to
downgrade. If you have firmware 3.52 or higher, you must have a
Pandora’s Class Battery. If your PSP's firmware is lower than 3.52
there are other ways to install CFW, but that will not be discussed in
this guide and the use of a MMSX-8 is still highly recommended.
The MMSX-8 does not just install CFW 5.00 M33-4; it comes
loaded with additional features

Note: This guide does not apply to PSP that house a TA-088 v3 motherboard.

Since this is just the release it will be very basic. Proper files and such for each type PSP will be later added and a nice little guide in .pdf format will also be included.

Start by reading this guide then download the included files and installing the needed software on your PC. All necessary files can be found at the bottom of this post.

Included in this release are:
13 themes (from various creators and sites, none are mine)
CXMB 3.3 plugin
a music plugin
cwcheat updater and plugin
usbversionfake plugin
popsloader plugin
and a screenshot plugin (hit the mute button to use)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Connect your Memory Stick to your PC using your desired method. I suggest using a quality Card Reader/Writer due to faster speeds and more stable transfers.

I recommend running FakeCard although it is not necessary, IMO it speeds up "fake" and "real" cards. You can format your mem stick VIA your PSP or any other method you see fit to do so.

Run FakeCard:
Ensure that the correct drive path is listed in the "Type In Your PSP Drive" box. Enter 5XX into the "Type In Your PSP Version" box and hit the start button down at the bottom. Follow the onscreen directions, when the DOS window dissapeares click the "CLICK ME WHEN FORMAT HAS FINISHED" button under the Start button. You're done with FakeCard now.

Run PSPgrader v006:
Start PSPgrader and make sure the correct path is listed in the "PSP Memory Stick" field, ensure that the box beside "Format Memorystick" is left unchecked, make sure that the entry field beside "4.01 Eboot" is left blank and click the "Inject IPL Only" button on the bottom left. When the progress box shows "All Done" click "Ok" and close PSPgrader.

Build the MMSX-8:
Extract all of the files from the "MMSX-8 Files" download and "copy and paste" them into the root of your memory stick (the root is the first thing you see when you open the path to your memory stick on your PC). A box should warn you that you are about to overwrite existing files click "Yes to all". When the copy is done close the window.

Installing CFW using the MMSX-8:
Put your newly built MMSX-8 into your PSP. Hold X while you insert your Jigkick/Pandora battery (dont let go of X for atleast 7 seconds). When the install prompt appears click "Install 5.00 M33". This process should take about 1min 45sec. It tends to hang up around 4% for a few seconds, dont freak out, its normal. When the installation is completed hit X to reboot your PSP. When your PSP is finished re-booting hit the select button to access the M33 VSH MENU and change the settings to:

CPU CLOCK XMB - 333/166
CPU CLOCK GAME - 266/133
USB DEVICE - Memory Stick
UMD ISO MODE - NP9660
ISO VIDEO MOUNT - NONE

hit select to return to the xmb and save your settings. (these are just recommendations)

Turn your PSP completely off by holding the power button up untill the green power light turns off. Then hold the Right Shoulder button (dont let go for atleast 5 seconds) while turning the PSP back on. You are now in the "M33 Recovery Menu". Under "Plugins" enable cxmb.prx [VSH]. Select "Back", select "Exit". When your PSP is finished re-booting you are done!!!

You can change the theme if you like, there are currently 13 themes included but the last one is my fav...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOWNLOAD LINKS:
- MMSX Release Files.zip
- Needed PC Applications - there extra apps in here that you might find usefull
- OS Pandora Battery Tool - this is to "softmod" a pandora battery. You must have CFW to use it and make sure to back up the eprom first

Please post a negative or postive comment if you use the MMSX-8 installer. Bug issues need to be ironed out and this is the first site the MMSX-8 is being released on.

The only bug issues I can think of at this time are:
Issues using a Sony MS: Switch to a ******* if possible
Issues after using the PSP to transfer files: Use a card reader
Issues with PSPgrader: If your using XP you must have atleast .NET Framework 2.0, for Vista you must select "Run as Administrator".
If there is still the 2% bug: I HAVE NO FREAKIN IDEA!!!

BR
karim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00133.JPG (243.6 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00132.JPG (291.2 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by KARIM GSM-ZONE; 03-24-2009 at 12:46.
Old 03-24-2009, 13:02   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 74415
Sonork: gsm.zone
Thanks Meter: 339
link to download files
The MMSX Guide.pdf (228.35KB) YOU NEED TO READ THIS...

PC Applications for the MMSX (25.6MB)
Root Files for a Phat PSP (135.2MB)
Root Files for a Slim PSP (110MB)
br
karim