GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   Cyclonebox (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f528/)
-   -   nokia firmware RM-356 EMEA 7 must be installed first (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f528/nokia-firmware-rm-356-emea-7-must-installed-first-977027/)

abdola 04-14-2010 16:48

nokia firmware RM-356 EMEA 7 must be installed first
 
hi all

i don't way but i still not able to use the flash option with cyclone....

after i download the firmware i need from the support i can't install it due to this message "nokia firmware RM-356 EMEA 7 must be installed first" that i don't how to solve!!!
can some one instruct me how to do it?

tugadao 04-14-2010 22:43

first you need download/install a firmware 7, then you can download 7.01 then 7.02 then 7.03. first you need the major firmware.
i think i can help you with this message

abdola 04-15-2010 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by tugadao (Post 5712865)
first you need download/install a firmware 7, then you can download 7.01 then 7.02 then 7.03. first you need the major firmware.
i think i can help you with this message

i will be glad to get some help/support in how to download and install firmware.

Crazy_ratata 04-15-2010 10:25

Major firmwares is always x.0 after installing major firmwares, then you can go on to minors, x.1 and so on...

eg

Major Data Package
RM-356 dp v 12.0 (MCU SW 40.0.005) for Europe
Published 2010/01/14 Size 162.4 MB


Minor Data Package
RM-356 dp v 12.1 (MCU SW 40.0.005) for Europe
Published 2010/02/01 Size 84.0 MB

And always use latest firmware... DP.7 isn't the latest for RM-356

If you need help, then just add me on to MSN, I will be glad to help you out using teamviewer...

BR

abdola 04-15-2010 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy_ratata (Post 5714808)
Major firmwares is always x.0 after installing major firmwares, then you can go on to minors, x.1 and so on...

eg

Major Data Package
RM-356 dp v 12.0 (MCU SW 40.0.005) for Europe
Published 2010/01/14 Size 162.4 MB


Minor Data Package
RM-356 dp v 12.1 (MCU SW 40.0.005) for Europe
Published 2010/02/01 Size 84.0 MB

And always use latest firmware... DP.7 isn't the latest for RM-356

If you need help, then just add me on to MSN, I will be glad to help you out using teamviewer...

BR

thank you very much friend, now i understand how to install the firmware but i still have a problem that after the firmware installtion completed the cyclon cann't detect it , in contrast with JAF that can do

"Processing C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\...
Found 1 products, Filtering BB5 Products - wait...
0 Products left after filtering. Ready."

solution?

abdola 04-15-2010 15:31

:confused:why cyclone cann't detect the firmware?

moulnisky 04-15-2010 16:16

cos load of chances some files are missing...
try downloading all the files needed related to your product code using navfirm or check if the path where is installed the firmware is the folder you selected in the path configuration

BR

Alex

abdola 04-16-2010 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by moulnisky (Post 5716760)
cos load of chances some files are missing...
try downloading all the files needed related to your product code using navfirm or check if the path where is installed the firmware is the folder you selected in the path configuration

BR

Alex

if i download the files needed do i need to install firmware or just to upload the file to cyclone? and what better method?

the firmware of RH-19 installed in the folder
C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\products

and the RM-356 in folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nokia\DataPackage\Products

and cyclone trying to get the files from the C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\products and also cann't detect the RH-19 .....

why it's happing and there is any way to solve it?

moulnisky 04-16-2010 10:44

add C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nokia\DataPackage\Products\ in the cyclone path list and will be ok

BR

Alex

abdola 04-16-2010 11:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by moulnisky (Post 5720219)
add C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nokia\DataPackage\Products\ in the cyclone path list and will be ok

BR

Alex

first i got the message while select the variant "Failed to Extract BB5 Variant -> Product Directory not found at all!"
and why RM-356 detected as DCT4?!!!
"Found 2 products, Filtering DCT4 Products - wait...
1 Products left after filtering. Ready.
Retrieving Variants for Product RM-356 - wait...
Failed to retrieve DCT4 Variants -> Product not found at all! Some critical, unexpected error occured!
the RH-19 installed and not detected as DCT4/WD2 !!!!!!!way?

moulnisky 04-16-2010 12:21

Go in the cyclonebox main folder and edit the file settings.ini
modify the line
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nokia\DataPackage\Products
in
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nokia\DataPackage\Products\
Save the file and restart the aplication

BR

Alex

abdola 04-18-2010 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by moulnisky (Post 5720679)
Go in the cyclonebox main folder and edit the file settings.ini
modify the line
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nokia\DataPackage\Products
in
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nokia\DataPackage\Products\
Save the file and restart the aplication

BR

Alex

here how it appears in the settings.ini file

FlashPath1=C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\
FlashPath2=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nokia\DataPackage\Products

Crazy_ratata 04-18-2010 10:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by abdola (Post 5728681)
here how it appears in the settings.ini file

FlashPath1=C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\
FlashPath2=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nokia\DataPackage\Products

Just edit FlashPath2 to
FlashPath2=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nokia\DataPackage\Products\

As simple as that :cool::D

BR

shmuel522 03-27-2013 23:24

hi sir
i dont have the path of C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nokia\DataPackage\Products\
i dont have the data Package path why is that ?
i have only the fuse directory in nokia dir
do i need to create it? the folder ?

shmuel522 03-30-2013 19:43

I do have now after i have insatll phoenix but still can not see the variants
help pls


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 19:12.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
- GSM Hosting Ltd. - 1999-2017 -

Page generated in 0.15087 seconds with 6 queries

SEO by vBSEO