GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   Cruiser Suite (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f569/)
-   -   K750i - NO DISPLAY (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f569/k750i-no-display-413782/)

adez28 06-18-2007 17:13

K750i - NO DISPLAY

Hello guys.
Any help with this one would be appreciated!!!
I got a DEAD K750i recently. Plugged it into CRUISER and all looked OK.
It started up OK and read all certificates as brown. It is CID36.
I flashed it, re-flashed it and re-flashed again.
STILL A BLANK SCREEN???? Nothing at all - not even WSOD!!!
On booting, it gives me the option to repair erom which I did, nothing.
I tried finalizing it, main & fs files, erom repair, unlocking, recalculating crcs - everything i could think of.
Finally I thought GDFS. So, I tried flashing GDFS from the supplementary files in Cruiser.
There are TWO versions. Version one just fails and version 2 says ILLEGAL SIZE???
Anyone else had a similar problem at all?
im sure the phone is OK governing by the read-out in Cruiser but I cannot get it to boot or show anything on the screen.
HELP!!!!!! Please!
Cheers guys.
Adez28.

falak 06-18-2007 17:17

try to flash with cid49 flash
it ll help u

br falak

adez28 06-18-2007 20:42

Sim inactive

Hello falak.
Thanks for the reply to my post mate.
I have not done a K800i before.
Are there any known good flash versions??? Are both MAIN & FS files available???
What procedure do you use?
Flash FS, customize then flash MAIN?????
This is a CID49 phone by the way.
I am nervous as it is an expensive phone and I dont want to make a mistake with it!!!
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I am using CRUISER v10.43 as I read that it is more stable?
Regards, adez28.

fonecellar 06-18-2007 21:00

why dont you read manual or have a look at Lion's video
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=370928

adez28 06-18-2007 21:02

Ooops

Mate - ignore that last post.
I have TWO threads going and replied with the wrong answer!!!
SORRY!
The K750i is a CID 36 according to Cruiser.
Surely I cant flash CID 49 files.
I thought that was a major bad thing???
Regards, adez28

adez28 06-18-2007 21:23

Hello fonecellar.
Thanks for the reply mate.
However, I have all of those clips and have followed them. It has not helped in this instance.
Adez28.

fonecellar 06-18-2007 22:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by adez28 (Post 2522115)
Hello fonecellar.
Thanks for the reply mate.
However, I have all of those clips and have followed them. It has not helped in this instance.
Adez28.

ok your blank/white screen could be h/ware fault, quite common, as you got this as dead fone and do not know history, makes it difficult, also there are 2 types screen for these k750/w800i if a latest type screen put into older phone, you will get white screen, difference is cable one is green earlier phone, brown later, so maybe it is screen itself

adez28 06-18-2007 23:53

Hello mate.
That is a very good point about the screen. I know there are two different colour ribbons (remember from before). This one is green. Shoud be gettin aother K750 & a W800 this week so I can test that theory ;)
The screen isnt WHITE it is blank - NOTHING at all - like its dead.
I know the screen does work as I tested it in another K750i last week.Followed the W800 repair procedure to the letter and re-did another full flash - still blank. Dammit!
I appreciate your help & advice mate. thanks.
All the best, adez28.

James-R 06-18-2007 23:55

if it flashes ok, but no lcd = 95% of the time lcd or lcd connector/track to connector/lcd driver ic (little glass in by connector), try another lcd first, easy really.

why does everyone think hardware problem's can be repaired by software? i know, lets keep flashing it, messing around with the GDFS/Calibration data until it work's ah that will do the trick.

search for k750 schematic's.

br

adez28 06-19-2007 00:41

Thanks mate.
I did think of that but was trying software while the K750 & W800 are on the way to me. I will test those LCDs in this one.
I must say that 95% of the time - I have repaired phones with Cruiser or similar quite successfully.
One W810i with a corrupt EROM and a water damaged one are the only ones that have ended up as a black, pretty bricks (paperweights!) Where is some wood I can touch!!!
Thanks. adez28.

mt-boy 06-19-2007 00:47

only thing you can test if the LCD is damage is by inserting sim card and try to contact number if it is connected then lcddamage if not then maybe itss hardware,,all u can do is try more.....