GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > Martech Products > Martech Analyzer / Laptops / Batteries

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2011, 16:12   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 200717
Sonork: 100.1580056
Thanks Meter: 793
Donate money to this user
How to Unlock a Toshiba Tecra M1

The Toshiba Tecra M1 have two Passwords:
A User-PW which could be demanded at the Boot-up and a SuperVisorPassword, which could lock the most option at the BIOS.

I found a way to bypass the User-PW and a way to unlock the BIOS.
I used:
A second PC,
matech interface select any model ibm
aand cable tp

- First unplug and remove the Battery.
- Remove the casepart with the powerbutton over the keyboard, the keyboard and the metallplate below the keyboard. (The downloadable Manuel from Toshiba discribes it)
- Under the keyboard connector is a little eeprom (24c02w8)
Connect Pin GND(Vss), SCL, SDA and Vcc with a wire.

- Turn the second PC on, plug in the driven programmer and start PonyProg.
- In PonyProg use Setup-->Interfacesetup (Invert all) and use Calibration.
(In my case the PonyProg test allways failed, but it works, while read/write)
- Connect the wires from the eeprom to the programmer interface. GND first! The other wires after it.
- Read the Eeprom. And save the dump twice. (the second for backup)
- Start the hexeditor and edit the dumpfile.
Override Adress 0x10-0x17 and 0x20-0x27 with 00.
- Unplug the wires from the Interface.
- Plug the Powerconnector to the Toshi and start it.
- Now it is possibe to enter the BIOS and set a new User-PW.
(The Passwordprompt could be passed with only typing "Enter")
- Set the User-PW once and restart the Toshi. After that the User-PW could be also set to Unregistered. I´m not sure, but it might be cause trouble if it is not registered once.

So the User-PW is bypassed.

Please, if Your SuperVisorPassword is not set, make three dumpfiles (one without SupervisorPasswor, two with differnt SVPs (1234 and 4321) and sent it to Victor (support AT allservice.ro).

Now the possible second problem. The SVP is set and in BIOS only Date, Time and User-PW could be set.

It is not an A-solution, but if adresses 0x28-02f and 0x38-0x3f are override with FF the whole BIOS is unlocked. But it is not possible to register a User-PW then, so I use it only to switch the Boot Priority and restore the old adresses.

If sameone sent us the dumpfiles with unregestered and twice regestered SVP I might find a way, to wipe the SVP correct out.

ABOUSHADY
Attached Images
File Type: jpg toshicfu1.jpg (69.8 KB, 63 views)
Old 08-20-2011, 14:40   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 510826
Thanks Meter: 183
Hello
How about Tecra A3X please ?