GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Forum Announcements and Support > Forum Announcements

Forum Announcements Here you can find all forum news, changes, Updates and other useful information about Gsm-Forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2023, 07:43   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Member: 14178
Thanks Meter: 8,862
Password Expiration and Update

Dear Members,

We are writing to inform you about an important security update that will be implemented on our forum platform. In order to enhance the overall security of our community, we will be introducing a password expiration policy.

Effective July 1st 2023, passwords that are older than one month will automatically expire. This means that if you have not updated your password within the past month, you will be prompted to create a new password upon your next login.

Why is this change being made? Our primary concern is the protection of our members' accounts and personal information. By implementing regular password updates, we aim to mitigate the risk of unauthorized access and ensure a safer online environment for everyone in our community.

We kindly request that all members take a moment to review and update their passwords before the expiration date. Please log in to your account and navigate to the account settings page to update your password. Remember to choose a strong and unique password that is not easily guessable. We recommend utilizing a combination of upper and lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters.

Important Note for Yahoo Mail Users: We have received reports that password reset emails may occasionally fail to arrive in Yahoo Mailboxes. If you are using a Yahoo email address and encounter difficulties receiving the password reset email, we recommend changing your registered email address to an alternative email provider. This will ensure that you receive important communications from us, including password reset instructions.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding the password update process, please do not hesitate to reach me personally via DM . I'll be happy to assist you.

Thank you for being a valued member of our forum community, and together, we can create a safer online space for everyone.

Best regards,
Neo
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ..::Neo::.. For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 07-01-2023, 13:00   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 66399
Thanks Meter: 42
Overstrict password rules leads to constant "oh i forgot it again" and possible write down down on stick-o-notes on monitor ( security breach ) .
Or disappointment of customers and possible decrease of visits.

At some point i worked somewhere where i should change pass every 3 months.
Usually it came with swear words and recovery again and again.. ( compared to first 3 months "i remember it, and it is not written down somewhere" )
Old 08-29-2023, 06:42   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 399781
Thanks Meter: 94
Donate money to this user
do i have to change password every month, cause i changed it a month ago and again i was asked to change again yesterday, please clarify me

thank you
Old 09-02-2023, 12:03   #4 (permalink)

Member: 255016
Thanks Meter: 3
dear admin my another account
username : aashir

it was locked please help
Old 09-02-2023, 12:04   #5 (permalink)

Member: 255016
dear admin my another account
username : aashir

it was locked please help
Old 09-25-2023, 08:44   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 149135
Thanks Meter: 234
Please STOP this ideea..bad idea.
Old 09-27-2023, 05:22   #7 (permalink)
Administrator

Member: 14178
Thanks Meter: 8,862
We extended the password expiry to 6 month
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ..::Neo::.. For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2023, 08:06   #8 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 293284
Thanks Meter: 105
unlock my ac plz

suresh_boy04, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
The Following User Says Thank You to suresh_boy04 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2023, 09:52   #9 (permalink)

Member: 864330
Sonork: 100.1657734
Hello jhonas it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

no search button pls help.
The Following User Says Thank You to jhonas For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2023, 01:45   #10 (permalink)

Member: 1638504
Sonork: hasta
Thanks Meter: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ..::Neo::.. View Post
Dear Members,

We are writing to inform you about an important security update that will be implemented on our forum platform. In order to enhance the overall security of our community, we will be introducing a password expiration policy.

Effective July 1st 2023, passwords that are older than one month will automatically expire. This means that if you have not updated your password within the past month, you will be prompted to create a new password upon your next login.

Why is this change being made? Our primary concern is the protection of our members' accounts and personal information. By implementing regular password updates, we aim to mitigate the risk of unauthorized access and ensure a safer online environment for everyone in our community.

We kindly request that all members take a moment to review and update their passwords before the expiration date. Please log in to your account and navigate to the account settings page to update your password. Remember to choose a strong and unique password that is not easily guessable. We recommend utilizing a combination of upper and lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters.

Important Note for Yahoo Mail Users: We have received reports that password reset emails may occasionally fail to arrive in Yahoo Mailboxes. If you are using a Yahoo email address and encounter difficulties receiving the password reset email, we recommend changing your registered email address to an alternative email provider. This will ensure that you receive important communications from us, including password reset instructions.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding the password update process, please do not hesitate to reach me personally via DM . I'll be happy to assist you.

Thank you for being a valued member of our forum community, and together, we can create a safer online space for everyone.

Best regards,
Neo
Thank you for the information
The Following User Says Thank You to hasta kupang For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2023, 12:05   #11 (permalink)

Member: 864165
MERGE MY ACCOUNT I NEED TO USE MY OLD ID ( hassanjinja)

Hello Admin,

MERGE MY ACCOUNT I NEED TO USE MY OLD ID ( hassanjinja) .

forum. gsmhosting. co m/ vbb/ member. php? u= 126167

NOTE: The one am using now its auto generated.

BR
HASSANJINJA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..:: Neo::.. View Post
We extended the password expiry to 6 month
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to captec For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2024, 06:36   #12 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1119248
Sonork: 000000000000000000000000
Thanks Meter: 139