GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   All Unlockbylogs Logger (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f621/)
-   -   OneSim question on Iphone Activation(Answered) (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f621/onesim-question-iphone-activation-answered-1042529/)

Rubberbandboy 07-08-2010 10:54

OneSim question on Iphone Activation(Answered)

Hi,

I know you can use the Apple Activation for activating your iphone, but does this work on never before activated iphones? I'm only speculating but I reckon you can use a test sim if the iphone has been activated before in its life, but not for "new" activations? (Apple service says "Never Activated - Please activate") Any idea if the OneSim could get round this hurdle?

Regards

oneSIM 07-08-2010 11:21

absolutely, why shouldn't it :)

Rubberbandboy 07-08-2010 14:00

The reason I ask is because i've borrowed another universal iphone unlocking sim from an unlocking shop (it was a dits phonebook card) and this didn't work, I just assumed the onesim activation used the same method. Happy to hear this won't be a problem, will I need a usb writer as I assume i'll have to program the sim as the network carrier rather than use the iphone activation setting?

Regards

oneSIM 07-08-2010 17:03

there are two options

1. if you want to activate your iPhone using the original network carrier, you will need a smart card reader in order to configure the card (note that if the specific operator exists in our database, you can configure it, in this case, you must know the operator the iPhone is locked to)

2. universal, where you do not need bother to know which operator the iPhone is locked to. newer cards are being delivered pre-activated for this purpose, so no, do not need a smart card reader,

but, i personally recommend you to also purchase a smart card reader as well, beside that it's cheap, you'll also get the full advantage of oneSIM's functionalities.

Rubberbandboy 07-12-2010 16:43

does the smartcard writer (sim writer) need to be a particular type? I.e. the writers that can read / write contact data would these suffice? Or do I need to look for something specific?

Regards

viru 07-12-2010 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubberbandboy (Post 6074394)
does the smartcard writer (sim writer) need to be a particular type? I.e. the writers that can read / write contact data would these suffice? Or do I need to look for something specific?

Regards

You can use standard card readers available on market.

B.R.,
Viru

oneSIM 07-13-2010 07:52

A standard PC/SC USB CCID smart card reader will do the job just fine.

ACR, Omni key (remove the space, don't know why the forum has censured the word n i k e), Gemalto, are some alternatives you may look up on (my personal opinion to you, choose one of the two last mentioned heh)

Rubberbandboy 07-14-2010 11:58

Many thanks, all ordered and awaiting delivery.

Thanks again for your help

Regards