GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > IMEI or online Server Products > All UnlockByLogs Server > All Unlockbylogs Logger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2010, 10:54   #1 (permalink)

Member: 476924
Thanks Meter: 0
OneSim question on Iphone Activation(Answered)

Hi,

I know you can use the Apple Activation for activating your iphone, but does this work on never before activated iphones? I'm only speculating but I reckon you can use a test sim if the iphone has been activated before in its life, but not for "new" activations? (Apple service says "Never Activated - Please activate") Any idea if the OneSim could get round this hurdle?

Regards
Old 07-08-2010, 11:21   #2 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Member: 1321097
Thanks Meter: 123
absolutely, why shouldn't it
The Following User Says Thank You to oneSIM For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2010, 14:00   #3 (permalink)

The reason I ask is because i've borrowed another universal iphone unlocking sim from an unlocking shop (it was a dits phonebook card) and this didn't work, I just assumed the onesim activation used the same method. Happy to hear this won't be a problem, will I need a usb writer as I assume i'll have to program the sim as the network carrier rather than use the iphone activation setting?

Regards
Old 07-08-2010, 17:03   #4 (permalink)
Product Supporter

there are two options

1. if you want to activate your iPhone using the original network carrier, you will need a smart card reader in order to configure the card (note that if the specific operator exists in our database, you can configure it, in this case, you must know the operator the iPhone is locked to)

2. universal, where you do not need bother to know which operator the iPhone is locked to. newer cards are being delivered pre-activated for this purpose, so no, do not need a smart card reader,

but, i personally recommend you to also purchase a smart card reader as well, beside that it's cheap, you'll also get the full advantage of oneSIM's functionalities.
Old 07-12-2010, 16:43   #5 (permalink)

does the smartcard writer (sim writer) need to be a particular type? I.e. the writers that can read / write contact data would these suffice? Or do I need to look for something specific?

Regards
Old 07-12-2010, 19:29   #6 (permalink)
Product Manager

Member: 222198
Sonork: 100.102981
Thanks Meter: 3,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubberbandboy View Post
does the smartcard writer (sim writer) need to be a particular type? I.e. the writers that can read / write contact data would these suffice? Or do I need to look for something specific?

Regards
You can use standard card readers available on market.

B.R.,
Viru
The Following User Says Thank You to viru For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2010, 07:52   #7 (permalink)
Product Supporter

A standard PC/SC USB CCID smart card reader will do the job just fine.

ACR, Omni key (remove the space, don't know why the forum has censured the word n i k e), Gemalto, are some alternatives you may look up on (my personal opinion to you, choose one of the two last mentioned heh)
Old 07-14-2010, 11:58   #8 (permalink)

Many thanks, all ordered and awaiting delivery.

Thanks again for your help

Regards