GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair

iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair Hardware Repair discussions for iPhone, iPod , iPad & Apple Products, help, guides.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2012, 01:15   #31 (permalink)

Member: 1721295
Thanks Meter: 0

Excellent!

Having been looking everywhere for the answer to no backlight on an iPad2 after repairs, this works.

It has only got every alternate LED up right now along the long edge opposite the volume control, but it is also only at 5% charge, so that might fix itself as the voltage rises (or may not, it is still immensely better than no backlight and is usable as is)

Many thanks to the original Russian poster and to those passing it on.
Old 02-16-2012, 14:29   #32 (permalink)

Member: 1722875
hey guys.. did the russian version of this fix and it worked. tried works solution as well but it didnt work (no backlight at all like originally)

however it sounds like longboatman and I have the same issue with dark spots on the LCD on the left (volume button) side of the screen.

any ideas?
Old 02-25-2012, 23:37   #33 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 11325
Thanks Meter: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDoctor View Post
for those of you want to replace the 4R7 backlight coil you can get new one from our site.

iPad 2 Parts - Website of cyberdoctormd!

New website to order coil and IC and FPC connectors for iphone , ipad repairs. We accept all major credit card and paypal, ships from USA to worldwide!
thank you for reading, let us know how we can better help with your repair work.

CyberDoctorMD.com
Thanks for this one. Would appreciate also if there is some info how to attach conductive cloth tape with part number 821-1186-A. This is used to connect the 3G module with the main board of the ipad 2.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:47   #34 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDoctor View Post
thank you

"conductive cloth tape" will be uploaded to the websites products listing in a week for 6$ a piece , thank you for bring it up. installation is simple, i will look for a good video, if non exist one will be made. keep it coming, let me know what parts you guys need.
Simple??? are you joking ??? lol if you are referring by lightly soldering the pads on both sides and connecting them to the boards by heating, i cannot understand how this could be done as the cloth is very flimsy. In fact Apple connects them via some special "glue" positioned precisely on each pad. Unless there is some special tool to do the job, its out of my imagination how this can be done properly.
Old 02-26-2012, 18:38   #35 (permalink)
No Life Poster

[QUOTE=CyberDoctor;8181720]we are talking about using z axis double sided conductive tape to do this repair right? [/QUOTE

I guess so

Once removed its impossible to attach back the old tape right? Well at least that is what i believe right now.
Old 03-21-2012, 14:34   #36 (permalink)

Member: 1737115
Thanks Meter: 1
I'm having a backlight issue with my 32gb WiFi iPad 2 (EU/UK version) and I was hoping you guys could give me a few pointers.

I've tried all of the fixes currently mentioned in this thread to the best of my ability and understanding. Some of the language barriers have thrown me off so I may have made some mistakes, but I'll provide information and screenshots to my own problem.

This iPad 2 was working perfectly fine aside from a crack in the digitizer. A friend of mine was kind enough to replace the digitizer (for the second time) before handing it to me. Once the digitizer came off, we were left with a still fully functioning screen but a certain something did come off which concerned us - shown in the last two images.

At this point I can't remember if the screen backlight was still working or not. We found a severly damaged LCD flex cable with a few pins missing on the board connection side and we decided this was the cause of the backlight issue.

After replacing the cable with a new one the problem still persisted. I got hold of a iPad 1 screen which had the same issue when connected my my iPad 2 (no backlight) making me rule out the screen as the issue.

We have tried the multiple jumper methods discussed in this thread and still we have no backlight. The only thing I can think of is if somehow the coil was damaged during the original digitizer process or the piece which came off during the removal was something crucial for the backlight.

Could anyone provide some advice as to what I could try next?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF3123.jpg (185.3 KB, 1103 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3120.jpg (186.1 KB, 1026 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3132.jpg (158.7 KB, 895 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to tastynoodle For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 22:21   #37 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1352483
Thanks Meter: 24
Thanks
I measured the one side of the diode to ground and got nothing.
Does it need to be powered up to check?

I haven't worked inside the ipads much so far.
lcd's glass etc.
so this is new to me.

So if i have to eventually jumper it.
on the lcd i just bridge the 7 pins togethor and run it to the cap.
that sounds easy enough
and then from the coil area to the other end of the cap

thanks
tinner
Old 04-29-2012, 03:04   #38 (permalink)
Freak Poster

OK on the second one I have I do have 18volts.
I made the jumper but no backlight.
Any suggestions?

tinner
Old 06-07-2012, 05:48   #39 (permalink)
Freak Poster

I still havn't gotten the backlight working on this ipad.
I ordred a new lcd just to be sure it was good.
I did find a cople bad items in front of the lcd connector on the mainboard.
the didn't beep so i jumped them....
I was thinking they might be the problem right next to each other.
But they aren't the problem.
So i have a new ic new coil and a new lcd
ive looked around the board checking all the coils etc...
so I'm stumped.
Any help would be appreciated.

Tinner
Old 06-08-2012, 10:13   #40 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 17720
Thanks Meter: 34
me to tried it but not working , some one already succed try to help us
Old 06-15-2012, 14:49   #41 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 603490
Thanks Meter: 23
bro try one solution still cant ,got other solution thank u so much
Old 06-15-2012, 16:55   #42 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 17720
Thanks Meter: 34
my ipad ready , after made track , changing disply & removed the battery & inserted also but not succeed

but it was a simply thing , just without lighting i manged to swicth off after power on it was working fine , my two days tension solved in mins .......
Old 06-17-2012, 02:26   #43 (permalink)
Banned

Member: 1738165
Thanks Meter: 206
i thought I realdy fixed this problem :p

youtube video
iPad 2 No Backlight and Dim Screen solution fix CyberDoctorMD.com - YouTube

there is also a small filter after this chip...can also get short and results no backlight I will post a picture of the small filter location on this website in a few days when it is listed. I fixed 3 no backlight ipad 2 logicboards with this solution

I havent test this solution on ipad 1 or ipad 3 but I am pretty sure so I can fix those too.
Old 07-17-2012, 15:46   #44 (permalink)

Member: 1784124
Hi there.

I have the same problem as Vega69. All went well with the fix but now there are consistent dark spots on the left side of the screen. i couldnt find a fix for this. Any suggestions?

I had a guy solder the jumper from logic board to LCD. and also ran that 1 jumper on the connection on the LCD.

any advice would be greatly appreciated
Old 07-18-2012, 00:00   #45 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1017374
Thanks Meter: 2,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereiwoz View Post
Hi there.

I have the same problem as Vega69. All went well with the fix but now there are consistent dark spots on the left side of the screen. i couldnt find a fix for this. Any suggestions?

I had a guy solder the jumper from logic board to LCD. and also ran that 1 jumper on the connection on the LCD.

any advice would be greatly appreciated
Solution discussed here is wrong you make jumper from touch +18V and give to lcd very bad thing.
Here is right solution http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/8532185-post102.html
The Following User Says Thank You to Wites OM Tesla For This Useful Post: