GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f631/)
-   -   iPhone 6 Not Powering On - 0.42a Draw (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f631/iphone-6-not-powering-0-42a-draw-2283907/)

BitRepairs 11-07-2017 10:19

iPhone 6 Not Powering On - 0.42a Draw

Hi,

I figured I would share this one with the community.

I have an iPhone 7 I have spent 3 hours on.

I have replaced Tristar and Tigris and the draw stays the same.

I have checked for VBATT and VCC_MAIN both are present.

I can't find any unusual diode mode measurements on any of the connectors, the only part that seems to get remotely warm is Tigris but I have checked all resistance measurements under it and they are all normal.

I have given in, the phone doesn't boot, no dfu, it just stays at 0.42a draw the instant you plug in the USB.

The only thing that is worth mentioning is the case shows signs of being bent by a few degrees at the sim tray area, I put it down to a potential NAND issue where the bend could have caused the pads to pop.

I haven't tried removing NAND as it often causes me lots of headaches, any other suggestions besides removing NAND would be appreciated (recall and is an absolute last resort in my eyes)

Thanks

ninos22 11-07-2017 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by BitRepairs (Post 12770960)
Hi,

I figured I would share this one with the community.

I have an iPhone 7 I have spent 3 hours on.

I have replaced Tristar and Tigris and the draw stays the same.

I have checked for VBATT and VCC_MAIN both are present.

I can't find any unusual diode mode measurements on any of the connectors, the only part that seems to get remotely warm is Tigris but I have checked all resistance measurements under it and they are all normal.

I have given in, the phone doesn't boot, no dfu, it just stays at 0.42a draw the instant you plug in the USB.

The only thing that is worth mentioning is the case shows signs of being bent by a few degrees at the sim tray area, I put it down to a potential NAND issue where the bend could have caused the pads to pop.

I haven't tried removing NAND as it often causes me lots of headaches, any other suggestions besides removing NAND would be appreciated (recall and is an absolute last resort in my eyes)

Thanks

Next to check PP1V8 & PP3V0.

Also how you measure BATT_VCC?

giorgioz12 11-18-2017 12:00

You can check if you have 3.3V on J0801 pin 16-15 PWR ON, if you have about 1,7 you must change U1700.

joeyfog 04-04-2019 17:26

did you manage to find out the problem? have one with same problem dead with 0.47a draw soon on usb meter soon as you plug into the USB

CDMA_RASHID 04-05-2019 08:43

Phone Drawing that low Amp means some of the Buck voltage is not getting generated.

Dropped phone usually has this issue.

You could try heating the pcb on a preheater at 150 degree Celsius for 3 to 4 minutes.

I am sure the phone would turn on .... (But if other issue would not work.)

Hope that helps.