GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair

iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair Hardware Repair discussions for iPhone, iPod , iPad & Apple Products, help, guides.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2018, 22:30   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2777379
Thanks Meter: 34
Donate money to this user
iPhone 7 only recognize serial number

I have an iPhone 7 that has been restored and cannot get past the setup screen because of the missing IMEI, when I look up the phone information the only information there is includes the serial number, is there a way to check if it is the baseband? I checked the IMEI (printed on sim tray) and the full check shows the IMEI, there are no bad finances report on it, and the iCloud is off, I think this has to do with the phone reaching the server? SIM card isnt detected and remains on No Service, theres also a black exclamation mark icon next to that No Service indication.
Old 09-24-2018, 22:33   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

I should specify the WiFi does actually work properly and connects to a wide range of SSID, this is definitely a greater issue since the IMEI simply isnt showing, either on phone or on iTunes.. how should I troubleshoot it?
Old 09-25-2018, 01:06   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

I noticed a constant amperage jump from 0.1A to 0.4A when idle, and further investigation shows that PP_VSW_S1 has no voltage, just to be sure, BASEBAND PMU produces that voltage correct? Anyone had a similar issue before?
Old 09-25-2018, 08:12   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 216094
Thanks Meter: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Axis View Post
I have an iPhone 7 that has been restored and cannot get past the setup screen because of the missing IMEI, when I look up the phone information the only information there is includes the serial number, is there a way to check if it is the baseband? I checked the IMEI (printed on sim tray) and the full check shows the IMEI, there are no bad finances report on it, and the iCloud is off, I think this has to do with the phone reaching the server? SIM card isnt detected and remains on No Service, theres also a black exclamation mark icon next to that No Service indication.

Its Is0 12 issue Downgraded 11.4.1
Old 09-25-2018, 09:01   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1906979
Sonork: 100.1681049
Thanks Meter: 162
post problam picture bro. it will be easy to understand that its a ios b u g or hardware problam.
Old 09-25-2018, 14:48   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Thanks for the reply, however I think the issue is definitely hardware considering that PP_VSW_S1 has no voltage, PP_VSW_S2,S3,S4 and S5 all have proper voltages although, therefore BBPMU_TO_PMU_AMUX1 has no voltage either, if I remove the coil L5601_RF there still is no voltage being produced by PP_VSW_S1, therefore it tell me that the Baseband CPU isn't bringing the line down since PP_VSW_S1 (I think) originates from Baseband PMU, also PP_1V0_LDO9 has no voltage (very close to the PP_VSW_S1 pads) is that enough to conclude the Baseband PMU is defective?

I have a 250 ohms resistance on the PP_VSW_S1 line, can anyone take a working board and tell me the resistance they have??

Last edited by 7Axis; 09-25-2018 at 14:55.
Old 09-25-2018, 22:30   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

I have reballed the Baseband PMIC and now it has worsened, the phone still boots the same, but now every PP_VSW lines are down, so are the LDO lines(Feeded by VSW) I'm guessing I will have to buy a new Baseband PMU IC, has anyone came across this issue that could just give me some assurance that this problem is indeed BB PMU related and not BB CPU? please?
Old 01-11-2019, 01:40   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 235325
Sonork: 100.1593552
Thanks Meter: 523
I've just solved one with this issue today.
The problem was from the main PMU: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsd8uXOA..._web_copy_link