GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair

iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair Hardware Repair discussions for iPhone, iPod , iPad & Apple Products, help, guides.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2020, 06:23   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2863634
Thanks Meter: 0
iPhone 7 water damage repair fully functional with non Apple but not OEM screen

I did an ultrasonic cleaning on the iPhone 7 motherboard and touched up any bad solder joints and replaced several components on the board and the phone appeared to be fully functioning. The screen I was using to test the phone was an aftermarket screen.

I reassembled the phone with the original Apple screen and the apple logo came up a very light gray instead of black (iphone 7 silver so white screen with black Apple logo on boot). When the phone booted up to the lock screen there is no color, everything is very light gray, and there is no touch functionality. I tried multiple aftermarket screens and multiple OEM screens and it was the same each time. Can anyone explain this?

I have done diode mode readings on the touch and display connector and the only faulty values I am seeing are on pins 32, 36 and 38. The diode mode readings are low at those pins. I checked the resistance on each of the coils on each of those lines L3901, L3903 and they are a little low compared to the known good values but nothing crazy. The next connection on those lines is under the CPU.

I'm stuck about what I should try next.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-06-2020, 03:06   #2 (permalink)

Member: 2863634
Thanks Meter: 0
Does anyone have any ideas?