GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair

iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair Hardware Repair discussions for iPhone, iPod , iPad & Apple Products, help, guides.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2010, 15:51   #736 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 331337
Thanks Meter: 72

hi, i have 3g 8gb iphone. which i bought it. its hangs on apple logo. dont know what version is it on. its got big problem which it does not recognise by itunes. i have put it on dfu mode and i have also put it on recovery mode but it just dosnt connect to itunes. now i have another 3gs 16gb iphone and when i put my 3gs in dfu mode or recovery mode it does connect to ituens that means my itunes has no problem. can any one help me how to restore or update my iphone when itunes not recognise?i hav tryied in my both laptop. i have also tryied diffrent cable. still same problem. and when i connect iphone to cable apple logo comes up straightaway. no messsage comes on pc when i connect. please help
Old 09-11-2010, 19:33   #737 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 235665
Thanks Meter: 10
iphone 4 speaker

i to all!!i have a problem with an iphone 4...a speaker problem.when is playing music or someone calls.the sound becames very metalic ,pitched...
sometimes is working fine,sometimes not.i opened the phone.there is no water damages.
the phone seems to be brand new.
i have no clue about it....i would try to change charging flex and audio flex(with side buttons)...
when i press the socket of charging flex ...the sound seems to be ok...

i wonder if is an audio ic or something like that?
please,any ideea?
Old 09-11-2010, 23:59   #738 (permalink)

Member: 1333314
Thanks Meter: 0
My iphone starts up in a full yellow then green screen and does not go past a green screen. I had the lcd and digitizer replaced and it is still the same.
Any ideas?
Old 09-12-2010, 00:59   #739 (permalink)

Member: 1391977
3gs unlock not working w/ ultrasn0w

Aloha,
I have an iphone 3gs that was once unlocked by blackra1n. One day it wasn't unlocked and app was no longer on the springboard so i was unable to reload blackra1n. It is currently jailbroken and I have cydia, but ultrasn0w will not unlock this phone. Its on versuib 4.0.1 (8a306) model MB715LL firmware 05.13.04
Ultrasn0w loads but when sim is installed it will say searching.... for about 3 to 5 mins, then No Service. I have installed and removed so many times but still nothing. I have tried airplane mode off and back on but nothing, Please help!
Mahalo
Old 09-15-2010, 20:25   #740 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 761694
Thanks Meter: 2
not connecting in itunes

i have iphone 3g shwoing apple log on screen going recovery mode and dfu mode but not connecting with itune in pc.i had change chargingjack flex but still same its hardware isshu.ihad check cable and pc installation othe iphone it connecting ok.help me out.
Old 09-15-2010, 20:30   #741 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 761694
i have iphone 3g shwoing apple log on screen going recovery mode and dfu mode charging ok but not connecting with itune in pc.i had change chargingjack flex but still same its hardware isshu.ihad check cable and pc installation othe iphone it connecting ok.help me out.
iaahu its charging first ;ow battery symbol then its charge with cable and hang on apple log but not connecting in itunes in any mode help me hardware. with pic thnks
Old 09-16-2010, 15:33   #742 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 635560
Thanks Meter: 3
touchpad killer

Hi

I have a iphone 3gs who killed all the touchpad I want to put in.
when I go to menu all touch is working but left line is not working.
I have test a new touchpad in another Iphone it work perfectly, I put it in this iphone : the left line not work and when I want to test it in the another iphone the touchpad not working .
Excuse me for the bad english and thanks for your help
Old 09-17-2010, 16:11   #743 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 299902
Thanks Meter: 20
l have a 3gs 16gb shows apple logo when charger or computer connected if removed its dead. the fone fell from 1 meter
Old 09-18-2010, 10:59   #744 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 656489
Thanks Meter: 4
Good morning.

They have brought me an iPhone 3G which has the following problem.

Having trouble microphone.

You can record with the recorder without problems, but in a conversation does not do its function microphone and speaker noise is heard.

What could be?

Thanks
Old 09-18-2010, 11:39   #745 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 936896
Thanks Meter: 14
I have a problem with my iphone 3g 8gb.
Is't stuck on recovery mode and after trying several methods(including some suggested in this website) still the phone is stuck in recovery mode.
I tried ireb,recboot and other stuff.
I think is a hardware problem so I wanted to know if someone knows what is related to and how can i be fixed.
regards
Old 09-19-2010, 07:07   #746 (permalink)

Member: 558946
I have a small problem. Whenever my iPhone 3G goes to sleep, it will just shut off. Wont come back on. I have to hold home and power for 10 secs to revive it. This problem will not happen if connected to charger/USB.

This had been dropped from height and thus this happened. Any solutions?
Old 09-19-2010, 11:53   #747 (permalink)

Member: 512716
Greetings, masters.

Have an Iphone 3g with no sound in right earphone (when earphones plugged in).

Earphones is 1000% working.

Changed earphone flex and result is the same.

What should I change next?

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-19-2010, 15:09   #748 (permalink)

Member: 1397918
Re: MPhoneClinic

Hi,

Can you please indicate the part number or name of the component to renew?

I've had this problem for quite a few months now and the symptoms on the page are exactly as per my symptoms.

Greatly appreciate your help.

Cheers
Old 09-20-2010, 10:17   #749 (permalink)

Member: 1398506
Iphone 2g speaker...again

Ok...here is my story. I have a 2g Iphone 16Gb. I had it for at least 3 years. After I received it, jailbroken it, activated it(there were no iphone sellers in my country at that time) in a day or 2 suddenly there was no sound comming out of the speaker. Actually there was a very faint sound if I put the speaker phone directly to my ear, but this was very very low. I have to say that once in a while the sound was back on to it's full potential, but then it disappeared again. I searched then all the solutions at that time(there were very few) but still no luck. Out of luck I solved the problem by connecting the iphone to charge in a car that had an USB connection....an Voila...for about 3 years I had a fully functional phone.
Now the problem is back. I said to myself...this has to be repaired once and for all, so I toked it to a Phone service department. I explained the whole deal, and they said the problem must be the phone speaker(even though I know sometimes the sound is back on so the speaker can't be broken. I even measured the resistance of the speaker...so the coil was ok), but I said...this are professionals...so they changed my speaker. Indeed the phone worked for ~1 month...but now the problem is back.

I'm determined to buy from ebay a new speaker, a dock ribbon cable, and if that can't solve it...I'm beaten.

So....any idea is welcome. I have to say that the phone was firmware updated numerous times...so I don't think this is a software problem. Also the ear speaker is fully functional, I can speak over the phone OK, only the buzzer(speaker) is problematic.

Thanks, I hope someone here gives me an Idea. My next step is to retry the car experience, after that the spare parts....
Old 09-21-2010, 00:10   #750 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 786178
Sonork: 100.1592104
Thanks Meter: 19
where is pin linking capacitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobitech servic View Post
the end pin is gnd,and the other ur getting gnd is due to capacitor damage,just remove the pin linking capacitor.