GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > Hard/Software Products (official support) > GSMServer Products > Medusa

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2017, 12:44   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1867244
Thanks Meter: 63
problem D855 Direct connection

hello

i am trying to smart repair LG D855 .

soldered all pinouts as shown in the manual to the small green board included with my box

two questions

do i need external power source for conection ??? i mean for 1.8 and 2.9 i have to only connect it to 1.8 and 2.8 pins ??? or do i need external power source too ????

do i need to change settings or leave all of them to automatic ???

i soldred all of pinouts carefully but still no connection !

help please !

Old 04-09-2017, 12:55   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

also in the tut videos on the utube the LED on the front of the box is green but mine is red !

does it different whether to be red or green ?
Old 04-09-2017, 13:37   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1783314
Sonork: 100.1620532
Thanks Meter: 127
No need for external power source.
You only need to connect 1.8 and 2.8 from from Medusa pro box pin.

For successful connection you need shorter wires, I look at your picture and the wires are too long... Make them 4 - 5 cm.. The shorter the better.

Once you load D855 srf.. And your wires are shorter and you have connected the wires correctly... You can leave the setting to automatic... Medusa pro will automatically find the best settings and connect automatically.

Also the D855... Has Medusa Pro USB solution... Did you try that?
Old 04-09-2017, 13:44   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

yes

device has blue screen problem .. i decide to full erase the chip and make a factory repair see if it solve the problem .. if not then replace the chip

i have also another question

why my box's LED is red ????

every tuto video i see the LED is green .... does it have anything to do with my drivers ???? last i check all of drivers were installed correctly without problem
Old 04-10-2017, 06:40   #5 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Member: 1538383
Sonork: 100.1587278
Thanks Meter: 3,395
Hello.

Quote:
do i need external power source for conection ??? i mean for 1.8 and 2.9 i have to only connect it to 1.8 and 2.8 pins ??? or do i need external power source too ????
2.9V and 2.8V - are the same pins, just on some pinout pictures it is signed as 2.9V. You shouldn't use external power source! This can damage connected device!

Quote:
do i need to change settings or leave all of them to automatic ???
You should use Auto settings. As I see on your screenshot, You've set Voltage level to 3.0V - this is too high value for this device! Note, You can damage the device by setting higher voltage, than necessary!.

Quote:
also in the tut videos on the utube the LED on the front of the box is green but mine is red !
This is OK, in your Box revision red LED was soldered instead of green.

Also, as I see from your photo, eMMC wires are too long. For stable connection You need to solder each wire as short as possible (max. 3-5 CM length).

Also here are a few main possible reasons why the device not connected:

1. You have connected battery or USB cable. Before connecting the device You must disconnect the battery and the USB cable, and then connect the device without power, this is important!
2. Some wires are soldered incorrectly. Carefully check soldering of all wires.
3. In the process of soldering, the resistors were burned (damaged) by using soldering iron or the pin pads on the board to which wires were soldered were damaged. Need replace damaged resistors and restore the pin pads on the board.
4. The ends of wires that were soldered, had not been cleared. Wire, that comes complete with Medusa Pro Box, is covered with an insulator, so before soldering need to clean the ends of each wire.
5. Soldered wires are too long. Make each wire as short as possible (3-5 CM length).
6. For GND connection use more thicker wire.

Check all of them and try to connect the device again.
Old 04-10-2017, 07:50   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa Box View Post
Hello.

2.9V and 2.8V - are the same pins, just on some pinout pictures it is signed as 2.9V. You shouldn't use external power source! This can damage connected device!

You should use Auto settings. As I see on your screenshot, You've set Voltage level to 3.0V - this is too high value for this device! Note, You can damage the device by setting higher voltage, than necessary!.

This is OK, in your Box revision red LED was soldered instead of green.

Also, as I see from your photo, eMMC wires are too long. For stable connection You need to solder each wire as short as possible (max. 3-5 CM length).

Also here are a few main possible reasons why the device not connected:

1. You have connected battery or USB cable. Before connecting the device You must disconnect the battery and the USB cable, and then connect the device without power, this is important!
2. Some wires are soldered incorrectly. Carefully check soldering of all wires.
3. In the process of soldering, the resistors were burned (damaged) by using soldering iron or the pin pads on the board to which wires were soldered were damaged. Need replace damaged resistors and restore the pin pads on the board.
4. The ends of wires that were soldered, had not been cleared. Wire, that comes complete with Medusa Pro Box, is covered with an insulator, so before soldering need to clean the ends of each wire.
5. Soldered wires are too long. Make each wire as short as possible (3-5 CM length).
6. For GND connection use more thicker wire.

Check all of them and try to connect the device again.

Hi

thanks for answers

i check all wires . also check connections with multimeter and all was connected without any problem to the small green board !

but still no connection with the box ! i have also shortened all wires to 3.5 CM
Old 04-10-2017, 08:02   #7 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Member: 1538383
Sonork: 100.1587278
Thanks Meter: 3,395
Please check all possible reasons 1-6 again and try to connect the device again. Most likely, the problem is with connection. Also, You can try to connect this device via USB and then try to make Factory Repair using the latest original LG firmware for this phone model.

To repair the device, do the following:

1. Install the latest Medusa Pro Software version (Medusa Box Downloads - Software, Drivers, Manual).
2. Download and install SRF (Smart Repair File) for D855 (for USB repairing) from the Support Area (via "Download *.srf" button in Software).
3. Select "USB" option in Software.
4. Select LG D855 in the Software list (model will appear in Software list after SRF installation).
5. Connect the phone in "Qualcomm...9008" Mode to PC. If necessary, use Test Point ("Test Point" or "Help" button) and install driver.
6. Press "Connect" button in Software.
7. When device will be connected successfully, make Factory Repair using the latest available original LG firmware for this device ("Factory repair" tab in Software).
8. Post here the result.

The latest original LG firmware You can find or request in here: http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f664...y-mod-2192515/.

Also, please look here:
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f664.../#post12315539,
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f664.../#post12174004,
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f664.../#post12161259,
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f664.../#post12400381,
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f664.../#post12299814,
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f664.../#post12282828,