GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   Easy-Jtag / Easy-Jtag Plus (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f672/)
-   -   About eMMC Health status (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f672/about-emmc-health-status-2923093/)

galaxycompue 11-08-2020 16:40

give serious attention of my new post lyder sir

now a days we are now when working on 90persent consumed emmc, we sorry to say that we take headche since when customer return on next day all our hard work go in dustbin.

some suggestion-

gp1,gp2,.. partition give new life may be this process is faulty.

more research want emmc and plz find some new method to extend life of emmc

if this time it not possible then after create gp1, gp2 partition when we identify emmc then it show the life of the emmc rest, one day, tow day, one month three month etc, this must be show in identify of the log after creation gp1, gp2 partition and it is very necessary at this time since new emmc/emcp manufacturing quality is very poor . so we take decision how we deal with customer.

more suggestion i'll post....

layder 11-08-2020 16:48

First, you misplaced the topic title.

https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f67...orter-1772699/

so you'll read this answer and other people will post the same threads again and ask the same thing hundreds of times, turning the forum into a trash heap.

and according to the answer to your question:

memory cells are subject to aging. you can't fix anything here.

I constantly write that chips with more than 70% wear need to be replaced. nobody wants to listen to it. therefore devices are returned to you.

you cannot make an old man young to live another 90 years. also you cannot make the memory chip work as long as it has worked.

p.s. If you want to listen my answer again - create topics with correct label (name)

galaxycompue 11-10-2020 16:15

lyder sir your statement give contradiction

sir i previously give some suggestion, ok you said if any emmc have 70 percent consume life then we have to change emmc, then why give you button to give new life to emmc, in next edition plz remove that button so we set our mind in all cases of emmc we will be ready to change emmc , if emmc show bad health.

also do one favour for us that if we create gp1, gp2 partition for increasing life of emmc , then after that if we take info it show now what nearly expected time rest for that emmc which your jtag box give new life, if you create such a log then we set our mind that how we can tackle of our customer of emmc.

layder 11-10-2020 17:02

About eMMC Health status

create topic for merge

p.s. If you want to listen my answer again - create topics with correct label (name)

layder 11-11-2020 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by galaxycompue (Post 14263412)
also do one favour for us that if we create gp1, gp2 partition for increasing life of emmc

On what basis do you think that creating GP1 increases the resource of memory cells?

leco 11-12-2020 08:05

very nice thanks .......;)

galaxycompue 11-12-2020 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by layder (Post 14264005)
on what basis do you think that creating gp1 increases the resource of memory cells?

no sir, i dont say that i want to increase life of emmc, here my intention is that when we create gp1, gp2 partition, after that when i identify log then log show how rest emmc life now, and if via programming you do this then we can set mind , that we change emmc or we use same emmc.

layder 11-12-2020 14:09

eMMC/UFS Health status is calculated by chip and does not depend on create gp1 and anothers action

these values represent the average wear on the cells in the chip.

therefore, there are always very high wear and low wear cells in the chip. their partial mixing occurs when the chip is completely erased and the data is written again.

when any cell works out its number of cycles, it becomes to read-only state. those stops erasing and writing this cells, like 0000000 address cell

gp1 partition is created at 00000000 and next adresses cells and block this cells from use as begin ROM1 address

and nothing else

sree krishna 11-19-2020 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by galaxycompue (Post 14263412)
then why give you button to give new life to emmc, in next edition plz remove

This is your misunderstanding.
the function is made for many purpose,
next time do not teach to the team to follow your order.

after given correct answer and guidance
making unnecessary argument is meaning less.

ask help and
learn about why the problem
remains and follow it.

learning more will help u lot,
Just making unnecessary argument is waste of time.

All users first learn how to interact with developers and how to respect them and how to ask doubts and get answer with respect manner.

Thank you.

galaxycompue 11-20-2020 09:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by sree krishna (Post 14270553)
This is your misunderstanding.
the function is made for many purpose,
next time do not teach to the team to follow your order.

after given correct answer and guidance
making unnecessary argument is meaning less.

ask help and
learn about why the problem
remains and follow it.

learning more will help u lot,
Just making unnecessary argument is waste of time.

All users first learn how to interact with developers and how to respect them and how to ask doubts and get answer with respect manner.

Thank you.

i have no such knowledge that i argue with sir lyder, he is my respected teacher, whatever difficulty i'm feeling i expressed here so don't try to teach me and take part in healthy discussion, i put one suggestion here if there is any way that we can calculate time of emmc after creating gpt partition that will help us to take decision how we can treat with our customer, also emmc change is not so easy in these days since cpu and emmc pairing giving more trouble to us in emmc work.

ferouz kassim 11-20-2020 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by galaxycompue (Post 14270934)
i have no such knowledge that i argue with sir lyder, he is my respected teacher, whatever difficulty i'm feeling i expressed here so don't try to teach me and take part in healthy discussion, i put one suggestion here if there is any way that we can calculate time of emmc after creating gpt partition that will help us to take decision how we can treat with our customer, also emmc change is not so easy in these days since cpu and emmc pairing giving more trouble to us in emmc work.

the calculating the life expectancy idea isnt bad but ask your self howw??
these cells life expectancy depends on a number of things
->writing to it
->reading to it
->erasing from it
so mr layder wudnt prospect and knw how much data will be cycled onto the emmc in this given period of time so it yt be close to imppossible however reading the health report is posible ur reading sectors in the memory that already exist if they dont exist we dont have raw facts (data)

so please@galaxycompue
as far as i knw that myt not be implemented but if magician layder can then we could make a vote to it ;)

sree krishna 11-20-2020 22:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by galaxycompue (Post 14270934)

Thank u for your understanding.

Here I tell u something, it may help u.

If customer mobile reached 80% of usage then mobile will not stop working immediately in many case, it may give some trouble in operating then customer will come to our shop and customer will explain he got some struggle to operate. generally what we think may be its normal software problem and first we try to solve by flashing. after flashing it will not boot, the reason is emmc reached 80% of usage, in this situation we become tension and customer will not accept mobile with not booting because he gave only for working trouble not full stuck. in this case we just use emmc new life function in easyjtag then mobile able to boot in to normal mode then we solve the issue happened mistakenly.

and another thing is, If emmc reached maximum usage then we solve it by new life to emmc using easyjtag. here after the mobile will be work with minumum usage for longtime. minimum usage like only calls and whatsapp text. not use multi task and not store more user data, not install too much apps. we can also remove many unwanted apps which is not needed. we stop which apps working in background automatically. downgrade to old version also will help. not use mobile for playing games. in this way we will
increase lifetime of emmc. of-course this is not great idea But my point of view is this will help for who cont buy new mobile immediately, I think this is also will help in some situation.

EasyJtag Team making many good things for us and
we try to solve with our best level and
will always thankful to EasyJtag Team..

Thank you.

galaxycompue 11-22-2020 15:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by sree krishna (Post 14271344)
thank u for your understanding.

Here i tell u something, it may help u.

If customer mobile reached 80% of usage then mobile will not stop working immediately in many case, it may give some trouble in operating then customer will come to our shop and customer will explain he got some struggle to operate. Generally what we think may be its normal software problem and first we try to solve by flashing. After flashing it will not boot, the reason is emmc reached 80% of usage, in this situation we become tension and customer will not accept mobile with not booting because he gave only for working trouble not full stuck. In this case we just use emmc new life function in easyjtag then mobile able to boot in to normal mode then we solve the issue happened mistakenly.

And another thing is, if emmc reached maximum usage then we solve it by new life to emmc using easyjtag. Here after the mobile will be work with minumum usage for longtime. Minimum usage like only calls and whatsapp text. Not use multi task and not store more user data, not install too much apps. We can also remove many unwanted apps which is not needed. We stop which apps working in background automatically. Downgrade to old version also will help. Not use mobile for playing games. In this way we will
increase lifetime of emmc. Of-course this is not great idea but my point of view is this will help for who cont buy new mobile immediately, i think this is also will help in some situation.

Easyjtag team making many good things for us and
we try to solve with our best level and
will always thankful to easyjtag team..

Thank you.

now first when customer give handset in our hand first we make emmc test so we not start software start either it is deaD or hang on logo, or showing unfortunately error, or on but hang so we can take test in all cases even in mtk secure boot cases, so we are now more secure so this is not trouble what u explained in first para.

Second when you give handset after repair emmc then customer think all is well and now handset have new life with long time but we know what is actual situation, so whatever u are writing here we know, i never told that easy jtag is not good, we earned so much money but today scenario emmc programming is going very critical stage since pairing of cpu and emmc one big problem and also poor quality of emmc in latest oppo and realme handsets is other so if we want that emmc work go long so many new solutions we want otherwise you also know where is my eye watch future...............

sree krishna 11-22-2020 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by galaxycompue (Post 14272094)
now first when customer give handset in our hand first we make emmc test so we not start software start either it is deaD or hang on logo, or showing unfortunately error, or on but hang so we can take test in all cases even in mtk secure boot cases, so we are now more secure so this is not trouble what u explained in first para.

its not easy to do emmc test in all mobiles we receive, everyone knows only can test when its needed and The New life for Emmc function is helping in many ways.

Quote:

Second when you give handset after repair emmc then customer think all is well and now handset have new life with long time but we know what is actual situation.

true. at the same time we can awareness to everyone minimum usage will increase emmc lifetime.

Quote:

so whatever u are writing here we know

every words teaching something to someone who need it.

Quote:

i never told that easy jtag is not good, we earned so much money but today scenario emmc programming is going very critical stage since pairing of cpu and emmc one big problem and also poor quality of emmc in latest oppo and realme handsets is other so if we want that emmc work go long so many new solutions we want otherwise you also know where is my eye watch future...............

Quote:

pairing of cpu and emmc one big problem

Yes.

Quote:

poor quality of emmc in latest oppo and realme

programmer cont do anything for it.

Quote:

so many new solutions we want

I do not think need more solutions for emmc, there is maximum possibility solution is available in EasyJtag

Quote:

otherwise you also know where is my eye watch future

Stay tune. Next Year many things will change.
at present EasyJtag is doing great Job and Helping lot.

Thank you.

M.Elarapy 11-27-2020 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by layder (Post 14265092)
eMMC/UFS Health status is calculated by chip and does not depend on create gp1 and anothers action

these values represent the average wear on the cells in the chip.

therefore, there are always very high wear and low wear cells in the chip. their partial mixing occurs when the chip is completely erased and the data is written again.

when any cell works out its number of cycles, it becomes to read-only state. those stops erasing and writing this cells, like 0000000 address cell

gp1 partition is created at 00000000 and next adresses cells and block this cells from use as begin ROM1 address

and nothing else

Satisfactory answer, It is a case similar to that of nand flash Bad block that cannot be addressed but skip it and write bad address in BBT.