GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > Hard/Software Products (official support) > Octopus/Octoplus > Octopus Samsung/Octoplus Samsung

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2015, 08:41   #31 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1974557
Sonork: 00011nd
Thanks Meter: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsmserver View Post

First of all, let me explain in 2 words what we are dealing with.. Many boxes manufacturers became victims of counterfeit FTDI chips that are made in China, visually identical to original ones.

Starting from FTDI drivers version 2.08.14 we have faced random connectivity issues with some users. At that point of time FTDI gave us the first signal of market "cleaning". But they decided to go further and drivers version 2.10.00 started to "kill" all non-original ICs. Fortunately they don't destroy whole eeprom, just replace PID with 0000, what makes it appear in Devices Manager as FT232R and no driver can be installed. There are 2.12.00 drivers already released and by rumours they don't destroy PID, but what else is hidden there remains unknown.

I have to assure that we didn't want to harm FTDI and our users interests, but became a victim of unfair suppliers. Now we can only withstand the consequences.

So, here is the manual how to repair your box PID if you became a victim of war between FTDI and pirates..

1. Uninstall current FTDI drivers
1.1. Disable Windows Updater
1.2. Download CDM Uninstaller - http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Utilities
/CDMUninstaller_v1.4.zip

1.3. Extract the file CDMUninstallerGUI.exe from the .zip folder and place it in an appropriate location on your system.
And run the application, simply double click on the .exe file.

1.4. Type in Vendor ID - 0403 and Product ID - 6001
1.5. Click on the "Add" button.
1.6. Type in Vendor ID - 0403 and Product ID - 0000 if you were playing with drivers with modified PIDs
1.7. Click on the "Remove Devices" button.
1.8. A message box will confirm successful removal from the system and the driver will be removed.

2. Download and Install these drivers: CDM 2.04.06 WHQL Certified
2.1. Go to "Device Manager"
2.2. Select device "Other devices" -> "USB Serial Port"
2.3. Right mouse click, Properties
2.4. "Driver" tab
2.5. Click "Update Driver..."
2.6. Click "Browse my computer for driver software"
2.7. Click to "Browse..."
2.8. Select folder with drivers, for example "C:\CDM_2.04.06_WHQL_Certified"
2.9. Click "Next..."
2.10. Click "Install" if you will see a message "Would you like to install this device driver software?"
2.11. Click "Close"
2.12. Optional - Reboot your PC

3. Change the PID back to the original 6001
3.1. Download FT_Prog - http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Util...g_v2.8.2.0.zip
3.2. Extract the file FT_Prog_v2.8.2.0 Installer.exe from the .zip folder and run the instalation
3.3. Start FT_Prog
3.4. Scan for the available devices by pressing F5 button

3.5. Click on "USB Device Descriptor" and select Custom PID in the dropdown list to the right. Type 6001 in Product ID filed.

3.6. Press the "lightning" icon at the toolbar (Ctrl+P) and then press the "Program" button to write changes.
3.7. Optional - Reboot your PC

4. Download and Install FTDI drivers v.2.08.14 (optional, you can use 2.04.06 given above) - FTDI 2.08.14
4.1. Go to "Device Manager"
4.2. Select device "Other devices" -> "USB Serial Port"
4.3. Right mouse click, Properties
4.4. "Driver" tab
4.5. Click "Update Driver..."
4.6. Click "Browse my computer for driver software"
4.7. Click "Browse..."
4.8. Select folder with drivers, for example "C:\FTDI_2.08.14"
4.9. Click "Next..."
4.10. Click "Install" if you will see a message "Would you like to install this device driver software?"
4.11. Click "Close"
4.12. Optional - Reboot your PC

That's it, your box should be back to normal.
This solution was tested on Win7 x64. Please give us feedback under XP, have no possibility to verify.
Oh.. And you can try to use MProg, if FTProg won't work for you.

WBR,
Support Dept.
GSM Server
Dear Team.
I think I am a real victim here. With the above instructions I have tried for weeks till now I can't fix anything. Honestly its not working for me. I have checked and rechecked several times but can't get it done.

But what I notice is that, your instructions from the Device manager is saying FT232R USB UART with yellow exclamation bar , where as mine is saying SIGMA BOX with yellow exclamation bar.

I have tried to see if I can upload the picture but I don't know how to do it.

Old 11-07-2015, 10:57   #32 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1564612
Thanks Meter: 12,343
Donate money to this user
Hi, but first of all you are sure have installed All Drivers?, if you have same issue also with Sigma for sure you haven't any FTDI Drivers installed in you PC, very easy.

Download FTDI Drivers and if you are Using SO W8/8.1/10 "Disable Drivers Signature" try and post result.

No more one Octopus from long time had this issue, i'm Dealer of these and was only one Old stock, so 100% you problem is only FTDI Drivers Missing...or you are Very very very UnLucky that receive all BOX with same issue...Impossible!!!!

BR
allumts

Old 11-09-2015, 07:33   #33 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsmserver View Post

First of all, let me explain in 2 words what we are dealing with.. Many boxes manufacturers became victims of counterfeit FTDI chips that are made in China, visually identical to original ones.

Starting from FTDI drivers version 2.08.14 we have faced random connectivity issues with some users. At that point of time FTDI gave us the first signal of market "cleaning". But they decided to go further and drivers version 2.10.00 started to "kill" all non-original ICs. Fortunately they don't destroy whole eeprom, just replace PID with 0000, what makes it appear in Devices Manager as FT232R and no driver can be installed. There are 2.12.00 drivers already released and by rumours they don't destroy PID, but what else is hidden there remains unknown.

I have to assure that we didn't want to harm FTDI and our users interests, but became a victim of unfair suppliers. Now we can only withstand the consequences.

So, here is the manual how to repair your box PID if you became a victim of war between FTDI and pirates..

1. Uninstall current FTDI drivers
1.1. Disable Windows Updater
1.2. Download CDM Uninstaller - http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Utilities
/CDMUninstaller_v1.4.zip

1.3. Extract the file CDMUninstallerGUI.exe from the .zip folder and place it in an appropriate location on your system.
And run the application, simply double click on the .exe file.

1.4. Type in Vendor ID - 0403 and Product ID - 6001
1.5. Click on the "Add" button.
1.6. Type in Vendor ID - 0403 and Product ID - 0000 if you were playing with drivers with modified PIDs
1.7. Click on the "Remove Devices" button.
1.8. A message box will confirm successful removal from the system and the driver will be removed.

2. Download and Install these drivers: CDM 2.04.06 WHQL Certified
2.1. Go to "Device Manager"
2.2. Select device "Other devices" -> "USB Serial Port"
2.3. Right mouse click, Properties
2.4. "Driver" tab
2.5. Click "Update Driver..."
2.6. Click "Browse my computer for driver software"
2.7. Click to "Browse..."
2.8. Select folder with drivers, for example "C:\CDM_2.04.06_WHQL_Certified"
2.9. Click "Next..."
2.10. Click "Install" if you will see a message "Would you like to install this device driver software?"
2.11. Click "Close"
2.12. Optional - Reboot your PC

3. Change the PID back to the original 6001
3.1. Download FT_Prog - http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Util...g_v2.8.2.0.zip
3.2. Extract the file FT_Prog_v2.8.2.0 Installer.exe from the .zip folder and run the instalation
3.3. Start FT_Prog
3.4. Scan for the available devices by pressing F5 button

3.5. Click on "USB Device Descriptor" and select Custom PID in the dropdown list to the right. Type 6001 in Product ID filed.

3.6. Press the "lightning" icon at the toolbar (Ctrl+P) and then press the "Program" button to write changes.
3.7. Optional - Reboot your PC

4. Download and Install FTDI drivers v.2.08.14 (optional, you can use 2.04.06 given above) - FTDI 2.08.14
4.4. "Driver" tab
4.7. Click "Browse..."
4.9. Click "Next..."
4.10. Click "Install" if you will see a message "Would you like to install this device driver software?"
4.11. Click "Close"

That's it, your box should be back to normal.
This solution was tested on Win7 x64. Please give us feedback under XP, have no possibility to verify.
Oh.. And you can try to use MProg, if FTProg won't work for you.

WBR,
Support Dept.
GSM Server

Dear sir/madam. @ Gsm server.
I want to let you know that the above tutorial/instructions could not work for me hence I am writing now. I have checked and re-checked several times and weeks, but nothing works for me here.
Now I just observed that this instruction is for FT232R USB UART.
On the device manager, mine does not show FT232R USB UART, rather it shows SIGMA BOX with yellow triangle. I can't give details with picture cos I do not know how to do it.
Sir please a better assistance is what am begging for.

Old 11-09-2015, 07:59   #34 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by allumts View Post
Hi, but first of all you are sure have installed All Drivers?, if you have same issue also with Sigma for sure you haven't any FTDI Drivers installed in you PC, very easy.

Download FTDI Drivers and if you are Using SO W8/8.1/10 "Disable Drivers Signature" try and post result.

No more one Octopus from long time had this issue, i'm Dealer of these and was only one Old stock, so 100% you problem is only FTDI Drivers Missing...or you are Very very very UnLucky that receive all BOX with same issue...Impossible!!!!

BR
allumts
Hello Bros, am using windows7 32bits. But my supprise is these. I had three computers 2 for windows7 and the other one xp sp3. Then the issue started on the window seven and was working on xp sp3, but later start the same issue after one month or there about. I had to format the system thinking it was the problem.
But never the less, since you assured it could be a missing FTDI DRIVER. I would be grateful if you can link me to a propper FTDI DRIVER that could work for me.

Old 11-09-2015, 10:07   #35 (permalink)
No Life Poster

@ndubuaku,

Please want Stop of Quote one Full Post only for a question? this is the second time!!!!!

Above have all Direct Link to FTDI drivers, for me you haven't any Issue with procedure in this Thread but have only to many FTDI Drivers installed in all you PC or after Format Haven't Installed all Drivers.
If was working first is impossible that now not work more, if you Box had Broken FTDI Chip was not working since the first time, not after one time.

If you issue started with Win 7 is only becouse you have "Enabled Windows Update" Automatic Download, so you SO want install or installed only "Drivers with Signature".

Quote:
4.4. "Driver" tab
4.7. Click "Browse..."
4.9. Click "Next..."
4.11. Click "Close"
FTDI drivers v.2.08.14

And loock good what are Right FTDI drivers for you SO, if Win Xp or Win 7 is wrote clear in the package.

BR

Old 03-07-2016, 12:15   #36 (permalink)

Member: 1895790
Thanks Meter: 1
tnx alot for this guide

Old 04-04-2016, 09:14   #37 (permalink)

Member: 404911
Thanks Meter: 33
my box problem...
how to solve this? unknown device

Old 04-04-2016, 09:53   #38 (permalink)

my box problem...

Old 04-04-2016, 11:18   #39 (permalink)
No Life Poster

But if not Explain what Box or..."PHONE", gave you this issue never can help you.

I see RIGHT connected "Medusa Box", and this Thread was fot Octopus Bos, so please ok this photo, but what's Real problem and what Box?

P.D. for me you have problem with "PHONE" drivers, not BOX drivers, i see one PHONE Connected not detected.

BR

Old 04-04-2016, 14:08   #40 (permalink)

octoplus box sir
jtag dirver detect ok... but serial com port detect unknown device
HWID USB\VID_0613&PID_2010&REV_0600

Old 04-04-2016, 14:44   #41 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Update you So by Windows Update then Install Right FTDI drivers in Automatic Mode or MANUALLY, read previous Page please.

The Following User Says Thank You to allumts For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2016, 20:26   #42 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 178450
Thanks Meter: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadhoel View Post
my box problem...

if you cannot repair ftdi via drivers auto or manual, replace crap clone chip with original one.if you still make money with box, a original ftdi chip is a must have. i saw manny gpg boxes whith clone ftdi, and list go on.

Old 04-06-2016, 22:02   #43 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadhoel View Post
octoplus box sir
jtag dirver detect ok... but serial com port detect unknown device
HWID USB\VID_0613&PID_2010&REV_0600
Can say what SO you are using?...if have Other Box installed you can open Serial Port?.... carefully if are using 3.0 Usb Port i've had one pc with all Usb port to 3.0 after formatted then must need of Reset all BIOS and install right Chipset drivers.

Try also in other Pc and please post result

NOTE: if want say also who is you reseller please.

BR
allumts

Old 04-12-2016, 02:56   #44 (permalink)

problem solved
uart port back to normal
"FTDIBUS\COMPORT&VID_0403&PID_6001"

Old 12-29-2016, 03:01   #45 (permalink)

Member: 2666169
Thanks Meter: 0
help!!!

I have the following problem, I do not know if someone has happened to him. Since last Saturday, my Octoplus Box does not turn on. When you connect it to the PC, only the LEDs on the SERVICE CABLE connector blink and it does not go there. Already try to update the firmware of the box but I do not detect the smartcard. I already changed the computer, I reinstalled windows xp and nothing ... when I connected it the first time if I put the drivers, I installed them and it tells me that they were installed correctly. But the Box does not turn on ... Someone who can help me, I do not know what it has.

Closed Thread