GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Other Gsm/Mobile Related Forums > Sim Cloning and Scaning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2011, 01:17   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1131921
Thanks Meter: 0
Question Cloning of Comp128V2/V3-SIM-Cards

No - it is not yed done ... but I just have a Question about it: as it is known that today, KI of Comp128V2/V3 SIM-Cards cannot be read out ("hacked") yet, what about using the older "programmable Multicards" (6in1/12in1/etc. that are used with "hacked Comp128V1-Cards) as soon as cloning will be possible? Will the old programmable Multicards be normally usable with KI read out (once it will be possible) from Comp128V2/V3-SIM-Cards, or would other type of programmable Multicards be necessary? As I read so far, the only problem is "how to get the KI" - and there is no way so far to get it. But as soon as you have it (along with IMSI etc.) it should be taken for putting into a programmable card. But I did not read if programmable cards of today (that are usable with Comp128V1-SIM-Cards) in theory would work or not - just because KI is not (yet) readable/hackable it is just no topic.

What's the situation so far? Btw: as no system is absolutely secure, I assume that it is just a matter of time until as many information will be available for hacking Comp128V2/V3-Cards. But it could also last several years until ...

Thanks for clarification
Old 05-05-2011, 11:51   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 66471
Thanks Meter: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProloSozz View Post
As I read so far, the only problem is "how to get the KI"
What's the situation so far? Btw: as no system is absolutely secure, I assume that it is just a matter of time until as many information will be available for hacking Comp128V2/V3-Cards. But it could also last several years until ...
1. KI itself is not useful without Algorithm. So you need 1) Algo (v2 or v3 or call it whatever else) and 2) Ki value of the SIM with this Algo. Then you can start to make a clone (single or multiple i.e. multi-SIM).
Could the different versions of Algo be implemented into a singl card - is the question of sufficient space for the code, i.e. - theoretically no problem.

2. About "several' years.. i consider myself as a realist, not an optimist.
No chance to the "soft" resolution - only "hard" (i.e. extremely highcost penetration into the "crystal" for the code and Ki extraction).
Old 05-05-2011, 12:56   #3 (permalink)

Member: 1131921
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbog View Post
1. KI itself is not useful without Algorithm. So you need 1) Algo (v2 or v3 or call it whatever else) and 2) Ki value of the SIM with this Algo. Then you can start to make a clone (single or multiple i.e. multi-SIM).
Thanks - meaning: using "cards of today" will not be usable because of lacking the appropriate algo ...

Quote:
Could the different versions of Algo be implemented into a singl card - is the question of sufficient space for the code, i.e. - theoretically no problem.
Thanks - I assume that this fact might also be an explanation that 12in1 was replaced by 6in1 - just because more/higher algo needs more space and space inside multicards is limited ...

Quote:
2. About "several' years.. i consider myself as a realist, not an optimist.
No chance to the "soft" resolution - only "hard" (i.e. extremely highcost penetration into the "crystal" for the code and Ki extraction).
I would not exclude that it could be one day either by helps of "social engineering" that leads to a leakage of "prominent position" - or by someone who worked at such an enterprise and takes the info out to damage the former employer ... or is the card constructed that extraction of algo and Ki is theoretically impossible without destroying the chip?
Old 10-28-2014, 21:23   #4 (permalink)

Member: 1639857
Thanks Meter: 1
Hi
I have a question...
If I have Ki code of my sim card(comp128 v2/v3) could I clone it?
Old 01-12-2023, 22:13   #5 (permalink)

Member: 3029171
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOIL2020 View Post
Hi
I have a question...
If I have Ki code of my sim card(comp128 v2/v3) could I clone it?
How did you get the KI code?
Old 01-24-2023, 22:08   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 83090
Sonork: 1626857
Thanks Meter: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickcarlomagno View Post
How did you get the KI code?
Does it really matter how he got it?