GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > Hard/Software Products (official support) > GSMServer Products > SigmaKey

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2021, 10:32   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 136492
Thanks Meter: 289
Be carefull of servicing latest security patchs with modified cable !

Dear brothers!
have you wondering why Huawei has disabled TP or usb com 1.0 in latest firmwares (latest security patchs) ?
I'm sure it's not for privent servicing phones by different tools . The logical reason is to pravent bricking phones . If market stuck with a lot of huawei bricked phones that will lead to a bad repputation to a such big mark like Huawei. even the after sell service will suffer. By the way the customer will belive that huawei phones are easly bricked for any manupilation (unknowledge) in fact it was for some security modifications ( downgrade, frp, huawei id, country or vendor changing, demo fix,.......).
Finaly i just wanna tell that servicing such phones is on our own risque ( like it always been) but we will stuck with so complicated situations like :
- dead boot usbcom 1.0 only.
- phone doesn't connect any more (no fastboot, no usbcom 1.0, no usb
upgrade mode,....)
- phone stuck in recovery mode even after updating via wifi phone remain
in recovery mode after success.
thoese 3 cases happened to me and i'm sure there will be other cases by the time.
Good luck for all!
The Following User Says Thank You to CHEZRACHID For This Useful Post: