GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Samsung > Samsung Android based phones

Samsung Android based phones Discussion and all of your questions relating to the Samsung Android based phones.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2013, 05:54   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 534777
Thanks Meter: 214
i9300 S3 screen upside down

Hi All, i have a samsung s3 i9300 which came in dead. used a boot repair cable to get the phone into download mode but when it did, the android image and writings were upside down.

when you power the phone on normally,the screen is full of rainbow coloured dots.

i tested the screen with a working board and all worked ok.

what could the problem be and how do i go about fixing this???

thanx and best wishes
Old 12-11-2013, 11:22   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 350719
Sonork: 100.1623850
Thanks Meter: 157
try to flash sptbox mark "Re-partition" 100%
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s3.JPG (69.2 KB, 306 views)
Old 12-11-2013, 18:57   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 399832
Sonork: Faheem Anjum
Thanks Meter: 24,310
Donate money to this user
i have 2 phone with same condition and as i know and search its emmc problem nothing more
Old 12-12-2013, 03:21   #4 (permalink)

Member: 2057739
Thanks Meter: 4
wodashie its not problem of emmc if ur all screen is white wid red and black lines dont worry download mg4 firmware (I9300XXEMG4) and mx.pit file and flash with odin ur screen problem is solved after dat next step u have to repair efs with octopus box nd root ur mobile and repair imei nd ur ph is ready i fix 10 mobiles same problem and one thing after repair efs if ur basband is null u have to change emmc chip best of luck ....and post result here
Old 12-12-2013, 08:53   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1759307
Sonork: 100.1636995
Thanks Meter: 56
it is normal to get downloading image upside down after dead boot repair, that means u r in the right track,

now all u have to do is to flash the phone with 4 file firmware with pit and repartition selected
Old 12-16-2013, 23:11   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 2461
Thanks Meter: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by llvllasterz View Post
wodashie its not problem of emmc if ur all screen is white wid red and black lines dont worry download mg4 firmware (I9300XXEMG4) and mx.pit file and flash with odin ur screen problem is solved after dat next step u have to repair efs with octopus box nd root ur mobile and repair imei nd ur ph is ready i fix 10 mobiles same problem and one thing after repair efs if ur basband is null u have to change emmc chip best of luck ....and post result here

Have also got the same fault with an i9300
Can this be done with Z3x ?

I am trying with odin v3.07 but the clear efs button is greyed out

maybe as my flash is only 1 file , just trying to find the 4 file flash
Old 12-17-2013, 00:34   #7 (permalink)

Member: 2057739
Thanks Meter: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by N/East Unlocker View Post
Have also got the same fault with an i9300
Can this be done with Z3x ?

I am trying with odin v3.07 but the clear efs button is greyed out

maybe as my flash is only 1 file , just trying to find the 4 file flash
if ur phone with white screen with lines u have flash with 4 files flash(mg4) with pit file nd for repair efs i never try z3x bz i have octopus box i fix with octopus box. i read posts on this fourm for repair imei with efs select model in z3x i9100 and tick repair efs and write new imei . i dont knw which z3x software version is working for that u have too check it . bz when i try to unlocking or repair imei i have to change every time samsung software version thats why i use octopus box..try ur luck man ...
Old 12-18-2013, 03:13   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by llvllasterz View Post
Thanx Bro, managed to flash and the phone powers up only that it reboots on the samsung logo everytime. is it an indication of another problem or how to fix this issue???

best wishes
The Following User Says Thank You to wodashie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2013, 03:57   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 682054
Sonork: 100.1602688
Thanks Meter: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodashie View Post
Thanx Bro, managed to flash and the phone powers up only that it reboots on the samsung logo everytime. is it an indication of another problem or how to fix this issue???

best wishes
if ur mobile restarts now on samsung logo now just do a hard reset ...........
Old 12-18-2013, 04:22   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by killme12 View Post
if ur mobile restarts now on samsung logo now just do a hard reset ...........
did hard reset but it didnt fix it. flashed another firmware and now it doesn't reboot but hangs forever on the samsung logo.

NEED FULL FLASH FOR I9300 FOR NOW TO FIX IT.

SADLY THE FEW I FOUND ARE HOSTED ON ''HOTFILE DOT COM'' WHICH HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN SO WILL APPRECIATE SOMEONE MAKING IT AVAILABLE FOR ME.

THANX AND BEST WISHES
Old 02-09-2014, 12:01   #11 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 550428
Thanks Meter: 25
i got i9300 came with cant on even download mode also not respon, i was use a memory card to make it alive then download mode screen was upside down. i flash it with odin pit + pda modem csc, the phone alive back but imei was null/null, product name blank and baseband unknown.
how to fix imei null/null and product name blank?
Old 02-09-2014, 12:17   #12 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1740134
Thanks Meter: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeheng View Post
i got i9300 came with cant on even download mode also not respon, i was use a memory card to make it alive then download mode screen was upside down. i flash it with odin pit + pda modem csc, the phone alive back but imei was null/null, product name blank and baseband unknown.
how to fix imei null/null and product name blank?
download efs for i9300 and flash with odin. (select that downoaded efs as "PDA" on odin. )

after that, you will get imei 0049......... . root your phone and repair imei with z3x or any other box.