GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Samsung > Samsung Android based phones

Samsung Android based phones Discussion and all of your questions relating to the Samsung Android based phones.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2019, 10:24   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2896595
Thanks Meter: 1
Samsung s8+ g955xxs4cria blacklisted

I bought a 2nd hand Galaxy S8+ G955XXS4CRIA and have been using it with no problems for the past 6 months. Just moved to South Africa and suddenly the network won't register. Getting an MM error saying phone not allowed.. after researching online I'm guessing the fine was probably blacklisted from networks here..

Is there any software available that would let me unlock the phone or change the IMEI....

Alternatively can anyone suggest a reasonably priced and reliable 3rd party that can open up the phone online...

I'm here for another 4 months so I'm trying to avoid selling it seeing I know it works back home and I don't want to spend money buying another phone.
Old 02-24-2019, 13:08   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 890926
Thanks Meter: 2,053
Better visit gsm s€rvice shop, you cant change IMEI using cable only.

P.S. In some countries alternating IMEI is illigal.

BR,
xerraco
Old 02-25-2019, 10:59   #3 (permalink)

Imei changed

Ok... so I was able to change the IMEI...thing is the new Imei is reflecting when I check using *#06# but when I go to settings and check under phone info, the imei reads as "unknown".. Is there a way to repair this but keeping the new imei.

im a newbie and this may be a stupid question but I was also wondering whether the reason the phone is not recognising the new imei is because because I used a random imei generator to get the numbers...could this also be the issue, or could this have something to do with the efs file......
Old 02-25-2019, 15:53   #4 (permalink)

Thank you guys... i managed to change the imei and unlock the network blacklist... phone is now working and didnt have to pay a cent..... first time ever
Old 02-26-2019, 11:20   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1740134
Thanks Meter: 52
how did you change imei? with box?
Old 02-26-2019, 14:25   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiaa2 View Post
how did you change imei? with box?
first let me explain what i did step by step cos im having one issue left to deal with and maybe someone can help me with the solution. Please remember, i am not suggesting anyone try this. This is totally experimental and im trying this knowing quite well all the associated risks including permanently bricking the phone and voiding all warranty. I am only posting this because i believe in the sharing of all information between inquisitive minds (sorry my it terms may not be correct, still a newbie here):

First i rooted my phone using Odin and flashed it with the corresponding firmware i found on sammobilehen loaded Twrp recovery , Magisk Manager and Xposed Installer

I then downloaded an app called imei changer

I had to update the Xposed Framework to SDK v26 otherwise the app wont work

used a bbm imei generator app, ran it, copied the imei generated

opened "imei changer" , set the new imei... then turned off the phone for an hour

i then inserted the sim card and turned on the phone..

mm error code and "phone not allowed" message are now gone.... phon is now connected to network and receiving and sending calls.

*#06# is showing the new imei....

3 issues are left for me to sort out now...:-

1) i found out that if i go to settings=>about phone ....the IMEi is reading as "unknown".....

2) althought the sim card registeredand the network sent through internet settings and they installed, i can not access mobile data. i manually inserted the APN setting and still nothing

3) finally if you reboot the phone or swap sim cards while the phone is on, the mm eror returns and you have repeat the steps from using the imei changer app and switching off for another hour.

im suspecting the reason for problem #3 is im not using the pro version of the app and i 'think' i read somewhere that the imei using the version i have, is not permanent so im going to try with the pro version first and then try look for a method to permanently change the imei...

im also still looking for solutions to the first and second issues. but my main concerns is sorting out the mobile data connection and issue #3. Otherwise while im on wifi, the phone is working perfectly connecting and syncing with all my accounts, receiving and making calls....

if anyone has anything to add that will help crack these issues, im eager to hear. otherwise im going to keep on trying until i sort this out or brick the phone beyond repair....

i tried to attach the screen shots to show you but they're not uploading
The Following User Says Thank You to techgurutaks2 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2019, 11:29   #7 (permalink)

Update

Just a quick update...Haven't been able to find a solution to the problem of not being able to access mobile data or the fact that if you reboot or change the SIM card, the MM wtor recurrs so have to use IMEI changer again and switch the phone off with SIM card out for atleast an hour and at times longer, for the SIM card to re-register to network.

I still think the it's an issue of the efs file. But I did return the phone to its original blacklisted and unrooted state using an Odin flash and repeated the steps just to make sure it wasn't a fluke...do the process is at least reversible but it trips Knox and voids the warranty....but still looking for a solution..

Has anyone been able to *******te the process and solve any of the problems I'm left with...
Old 03-01-2019, 15:50   #8 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2714502
Thanks Meter: 19
The G955X is a CPID phone. You won't be able to repair the IMEI successfully without a box. The X variant should be Exynos 8 meaning that Chimera can repair the IMEI and patch the cert. Every time you update firmware you'll have to re-patch.
If you look for paid service online, they can do a more advanced repair to mitigate this. Google Unlockpark.