GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Non GSM/Mobile Related Forums > Notebooks & Personal Computers

Notebooks & Personal Computers Notebook, Personal Computer - repair, disassemble guides, drivers, bios pasword, and problems with pc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2018, 22:04   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2883663
Thanks Meter: 0
HP Laptop Starting Problem

I have HP Laptop and have registered Windows 10 installed. When I turn on my laptop, sometimes it starts without any problem and brings me to the desktop of my user account.

But sometimes, it stops at the starting screen and turns off. When I turn it again, it goes to repair screen, from there if I select the option to repair my computer, it takes almost 2 hours to repair, and after that the issue remains the same. It is my luck if after 2 hours of repair time my laptop starts or I see the same problem.

On repair screen options, if I select the option to restart instead of repair windows, it again brings me to the repair screen, I select again restart and it again brings me to the repair screen. I repeat this procedures for 30 to 45 minutes and then suddenly it starts again normally.

I am not sure if this is a hardware problem or reinstalling windows will fix this?

Reinstalling windows is a big problem for me, as I have a lot of data on my hard drive and have no storage media to take the backup.

If this is not a hardware problem, can anyone guide me how can I repair the windows permanently ? ?

Old 12-23-2018, 23:51   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Member: 2669781
Thanks Meter: 1,839
It’s 99% OS failing to boot, generally that’s happening due to incompatible drivers of the graphic card, conflicts of drivers, missing files in boot sectors.. etc
You could repair you computer by installing a new fresh copy of windows, or try to boot into safe mode “sans echec”, where all drivers will be blocked from booting, you can then compare and see whether it boots or not. This is done through repeatedly pressing F8 while turning on your PC.
If the computer boots normally, then manually uninstall graphic card drivers....and check
As concerns your data, you can use one of the many live booting operating systems, such as; hiren’s boot, then copy all of your essential stuff to one partition, then formate the C: drive, keep that as your final rescue attempt....

The Following User Says Thank You to lyes_albert For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2019, 08:02   #3 (permalink)

Member: 2885949
Take it to a specialty store for repairs.

Old 01-05-2019, 21:06   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyes_albert View Post
It’s 99% OS failing to boot, generally that’s happening due to incompatible drivers of the graphic card, conflicts of drivers, missing files in boot sectors.. etc
You could repair you computer by installing a new fresh copy of windows, or try to boot into safe mode “sans echec”, where all drivers will be blocked from booting, you can then compare and see whether it boots or not. This is done through repeatedly pressing F8 while turning on your PC.
If the computer boots normally, then manually uninstall graphic card drivers....and check
As concerns your data, you can use one of the many live booting operating systems, such as; hiren’s boot, then copy all of your essential stuff to one partition, then formate the C: drive, keep that as your final rescue attempt....
I read your reply today.
In this time, I tried reinstalling the Windows 10, just after the installation, windows boot normally without any problem. I used my system for one complete day. In this time I restarted my laptop for a couple of times. But very next day, I get the same problem.

Then I tried by changing the hard drive. I replace my hard drive assuming that the problem is in the hard drive.

Again, I was able to use the laptop for a complete one day and I restarted it many times but next day, I got the same problem.

I am not sure, but now as you said it might be a graphics problem, I guess that it all starts happening after the graphics driver gets updated as internet gets connected.

When I installed a fresh copy of Windows, the drive of graphics card was not installed. It gets updated in the background... So I guess you might be right and it might be due to the graphics card.

If I replace my graphics card, will it resolve the issue?

Old 01-05-2019, 21:09   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoamsker View Post
Take it to a specialty store for repairs.
Did that, they were not sure... My laptops fan was not working. They said it might be due to the fan issue. Repairer disassembles the whole laptop for service and he also replaces the fan but no luck. Then he advised me to change the hard drive. I did that, for one day Laptop worked fine but very next day I got the same problem.

I have a strong feeling that lyes_albert is right in this case.

Old 01-16-2019, 23:50   #6 (permalink)

Somehow, I am able to find a used Radeon graphics card for my laptop (same model)... I replaced the graphics card and things started working fine for me. There was some issue with the graphics card. Now, I have an updated driver with the new card and all is well.

Old 01-18-2019, 19:01   #7 (permalink)

Member: 2888301
Thanks Meter: 4
Hi. I am Not Sure Would You Like My suggestion or not But

if you want to keep your data safe then make your PC dual Boot and then check with newly installed OS

Closed Thread