GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iMac, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2013, 20:30   #61 (permalink)

Member: 1909006
Thanks Meter: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimo66 View Post
I've got the same problem Is there any solution
I was able to solve passworded and pinlocked MacBook model A1286 (late 2011) so I am able to remove pinlock and EFI password for good. All serials and user data remain untouched. Method is fully safe for hardware and software of laptop
Anyway if someone wants help with password or pinlock in Poland or Europe, simply email or PM me.
Old 04-03-2013, 20:50   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by remzibi View Post
I was able to solve passworded and pinlocked MacBook model A1286 (late 2011) so I am able to remove pinlock and EFI password for good. All serials and user data remain untouched. Method is fully safe for hardware and software of laptop
Anyway if someone wants help with password or pinlock in Poland or Europe, simply email or PM me.
UPDATE
Just tested on A1286 (mid 2012) , have different EFI data but pass remove still work perfect.
Old 04-12-2013, 00:11   #63 (permalink)

Member: 1887169
Thanks Meter: 0
hi guys
i have macbook pro late 2011 any solution free for this model?
i tried many things no solution
remove ram does not work
this is mys hash
C0721020237DTN3BQ117AE03C76C3250C
thanks a lot !!!
Old 04-12-2013, 00:36   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by burlaman View Post
hi guys
i have macbook pro late 2011 any solution free for this model?
i tried many things no solution
remove ram does not work
this is mys hash
C0721020237DTN3BQ117AE03C76C3250C
thanks a lot !!!
Unlock is possible if you send laptop , I need access to mainboard. You can expect unlock price around 50EUR.
Unfortunate there are not any remote solution, guess why ? because your system is locked, so not system activity, so not working with net, so not remote solution.
Or try at Apple Store, maybe they can help you.
The Following User Says Thank You to remzibi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2013, 10:03   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
UPDATE
Just tested on A1286 (mid 2012) , have different EFI data but pass remove still work perfect.
UPDATE
Just confirmed at MacBook Air A1405 (mid 2012) , PINlock and password gone , full access to system and user data .
Old 05-17-2013, 15:56   #66 (permalink)

Member: 1934040
How to remove efi password macbook 2011

HI I KNOW HOW TO REPROGRAM EFI CHIP ON MAC BUT MY PROBLEM IS WHERE CAN I GET firmware FOR REPROGRAM EFI CHIP I USE A EXTERNAL bios programmer

SOMEBODY KNOW WHERE DO I DOWNLOAD FIRMWARE FOR EFI CHIP

THANKS YOU
Old 05-20-2013, 12:45   #67 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 183437
Thanks Meter: 97
which programmer you use to read/write efi chip ?

Best Regards.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:43   #68 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 59935
Thanks Meter: 131
Donate money to this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimo59 View Post
which programmer you use to read/write efi chip ?

Best Regards.
I use cheap one from ebay
Old 05-27-2013, 17:01   #69 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 389660
Thanks Meter: 60
Problem: Your Mac got locked via iCloud and on boot displays "Enter your system lock PIN code to unlock this Mac." It also sets an unknown password on the firmware so you can't boot from a disc. And you don't know the PIN code for a variety of reasons (not my business).
Thumb resize.

Solution: Mount the locked drive on another machine, find the PIN, re-install the locked drive into the original Mac, enter the PIN, resume your business.

Tutorial:
*I'm going to post the steps I did in my case and suggest steps you might take if your case varies.

Things Needed:
1. Alternate machine with space to mount an additional drive. (works on Mac or PC*)
*If you're using a PC, you'll need to download and install Mac Drive to be able to read the contents from a Windows environment.
2. You might need a SATA to USB adapter if you have a laptop without room for an additional drive.
3. Screw driver to disassemble the Mac.

Step 1: Remove the locked hard drive from your Mac.
You can find detailed guides for your specific machine at Mac Repair - iFixit

Step 2: Install the drive into your alternate machine. But make sure you do *not* boot from it. Boot from your regular drive.
If you do not have an alternate machine, feel free to ask a tech buddy of yours to lend you their machine.

Step 3: Once booted into the alternate system, locate your locked drive.
In my case it was drive D: on Windows. Now browse to \Users\username\Library\Application Support\iCloud
Thumb resize.

Step 4: In the folder "iCloud" find a file named with a bunch of numbers: ##########.lock In my case it was: 1138515150.lock
Thumb resize.

Step 5: I'd suggest that you take a picture of this file name for accurate reference. But you can also just write it down.

Step 6: Once you got the number, power down the machine and remove the locked drive.

Step 7: Install the locked drive back into the original locked Mac.
Follow your iFixit guide from Step 1 in reverse to put the drive back.
*It is important that you put it back in the machine where it was originally locked* so that the motherboard firmware will be unlocked in the next step.

Step 8: Boot up the locked Mac and referencing the number you recorded, you can start trying 4 numbers at a time for the PIN.
Try the first 4, then the second 4, and so on..
For example: 1138, 1385, 3851, 8515, 5151, 1515, 5150.
In my case the PIN was the second to last 4 digits: 1515
If you typed in more than 10 combinations, then it says that you are locked out for a minute. Just restart the machine and continue entering the combinations from where you left off.

Once you enter the right PIN, the Mac will instantly reboot proceeding to where you were at when the lockout occurred. It will also remove the firmware password.

Enjoy your unlocked Mac!!
And please let us know if this method worked for you. Thanks

Many people are having trouble unlocking with the above method, so we are trying to figure this out collectively. Please help us help you; see this post by vladichimescu.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:15   #70 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 68265
Thanks Meter: 2
hi , im from brazil i have a macbook air 2011 need to reset efi password and 4 digit password , , its possible you help me ????

[email protected]
Old 05-29-2013, 09:44   #71 (permalink)

Member: 568166
Thanks Meter: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmed14 View Post
Problem: Your Mac got locked via iCloud and on boot displays "Enter your system lock PIN code to unlock this Mac." It also sets an unknown password on the firmware so you can't boot from a disc. And you don't know the PIN code for a variety of reasons (not my business).
Thumb resize.

Solution: Mount the locked drive on another machine, find the PIN, re-install the locked drive into the original Mac, enter the PIN, resume your business.

Tutorial:
*I'm going to post the steps I did in my case and suggest steps you might take if your case varies.

Things Needed:
1. Alternate machine with space to mount an additional drive. (works on Mac or PC*)
*If you're using a PC, you'll need to download and install Mac Drive to be able to read the contents from a Windows environment.
2. You might need a SATA to USB adapter if you have a laptop without room for an additional drive.
3. Screw driver to disassemble the Mac.

Step 1: Remove the locked hard drive from your Mac.
You can find detailed guides for your specific machine at Mac Repair - iFixit

Step 2: Install the drive into your alternate machine. But make sure you do *not* boot from it. Boot from your regular drive.
If you do not have an alternate machine, feel free to ask a tech buddy of yours to lend you their machine.

Step 3: Once booted into the alternate system, locate your locked drive.
In my case it was drive D: on Windows. Now browse to \Users\username\Library\Application Support\iCloud
Thumb resize.

Step 4: In the folder "iCloud" find a file named with a bunch of numbers: ##########.lock In my case it was: 1138515150.lock
Thumb resize.

Step 5: I'd suggest that you take a picture of this file name for accurate reference. But you can also just write it down.

Step 6: Once you got the number, power down the machine and remove the locked drive.

Step 7: Install the locked drive back into the original locked Mac.
Follow your iFixit guide from Step 1 in reverse to put the drive back.
*It is important that you put it back in the machine where it was originally locked* so that the motherboard firmware will be unlocked in the next step.

Step 8: Boot up the locked Mac and referencing the number you recorded, you can start trying 4 numbers at a time for the PIN.
Try the first 4, then the second 4, and so on..
For example: 1138, 1385, 3851, 8515, 5151, 1515, 5150.
In my case the PIN was the second to last 4 digits: 1515
If you typed in more than 10 combinations, then it says that you are locked out for a minute. Just restart the machine and continue entering the combinations from where you left off.

Once you enter the right PIN, the Mac will instantly reboot proceeding to where you were at when the lockout occurred. It will also remove the firmware password.

Enjoy your unlocked Mac!!
And please let us know if this method worked for you. Thanks

Many people are having trouble unlocking with the above method, so we are trying to figure this out collectively. Please help us help you; see this post by vladichimescu.
method not working on 2011 models
Old 05-31-2013, 14:03   #72 (permalink)

Member: 925517
Sonork: Keni
Thanks Meter: 3
Good solution for this is using t e n s y 3.0 board. This board can be easy programed and you can use it as keyboard to give codes for you.

More reading about this issue can be found here: How to: Unlock System Lock PIN Code - Page 13 - MacRumors Forums
Old 06-06-2013, 16:13   #73 (permalink)

Quote:

UPDATE

Update
Confirmed unlock on
A1278 MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2011)
A1405 MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2012)
A1369 MacBook Air (13-inch, Late 2010)
A1419 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012)
Old 12-10-2013, 05:12   #74 (permalink)

Member: 2057540
The macbook chip is a high speed eprom . Spi package need a programmer capable of reading writing and erasing. I just need good bins I have everything else . Its really easy guys. The other method with those other self ccontained programmers don't write a new bin but it serosnout the areas o n bios chip thatbthe lock is on.
Old 12-14-2013, 11:27   #75 (permalink)

Member: 1892600
Thanks Meter: 5
Most Model can be unlock i tried many models even the newer macbook air