GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > SIM Solution Products > R-SIM & GEVEY SIM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2014, 07:21   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2096382
Thanks Meter: 0
Caller ID doesn't work iPhone 5 Sprint

I already search over the internet for 3 days and i just don't know what else i can do.

I have one iPhone 5 locked from Sprint, the phone service, 3G and SMS are working fine after i installed the patch from Cydia. But i still have problems with my Caller ID, when someone calls me it doesn't show the name, only the number.

I already put the code from my country (+55 Brazil) before the name, it works but when i call for the number with +55 my brazilian company can't understand and say that i'm trying a number that doesn't exist.

And of course, because of this my iMessage and FaceTime doesn't work too, and on Settings - Phone - My number it appears "Unknow".

Does anybody know how can I solve this problem?

Here is what i found on the internet:
1-) Go to System-Library-Frameworks-UIKit-framework-PhoneFormats and edit the UIMobileCountryCodes-plist

But i can't find this folder on UIKit-framework, i think they changed on iPhone 5 or on iOS 7.

2-) Go to this folder on your iphone at root-private-var-mobile-Library-Preferences, than edit the file "com-apple-AppSupport-plist".

I use iFile to edit, changing the "us" for "br", but when i Respring the iPhone for the changes make effect the file changes it self for what was before. I already try saving the file, editing on XCODE and uploading the new file to the iPhone, but again when i respiring the file changes it self again.

3-) I read that there is a simple way, first you shutdown your iPhone, remove the r-sim and leave just your SIM, start the iPhone and the numbers will be ok, than shutdown again, put the r-sim with the SIM and start the iPhone, now your numbers will be ok.

This doesn't work too, when i start my iPhone without my r-sim i can't get to the iphone, i'm stuck at that white introduction page, thats say: your iPhone needs to be activate.

4-) and finally the last one, i read that the archive we need to change its this: "System-Library-PrivateFrameworks-AppSupportframework-Defaultphoneformat"

But i don't know how to change it, this file doesn't open whit XCODE and it's all weird on text editor.

5-) I see here some way, saying that you have to restore to 7.0.4 and start as a new iPhone. But i need more information.

Can someone please help me? There is a way to solve this issue and i can't find it, or it doesn't have a solution yet?

Thanks!
Old 01-01-2014, 11:32   #2 (permalink)

Member: 2059536
Thanks Meter: 3
Go to cydia install callerId fix for ios 5.x.x .. Just do it
Old 01-01-2014, 11:59   #3 (permalink)

Member: 1023545
Thanks Meter: 23
not install on IOS 7.x
Old 01-01-2014, 12:23   #4 (permalink)

Member: 1937803
Thanks Meter: 2
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-01-2014, 14:09   #5 (permalink)

Member: 1872376
Thanks Meter: 2
go to iphone setting and phone settings then off dial assist ...this will work to u for call problem
Old 01-01-2014, 16:04   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksent21 View Post
Go to cydia install callerId fix for ios 5.x.x .. Just do it
I did that, but after i instaled, there is anything else to do? Because it didn't work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by muhammedifaz View Post
go to iphone setting and phone settings then off dial assist ...this will work to u for call problem
It's already off, and i'm still having the same problem!
Old 01-02-2014, 01:07   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1938435
Thanks Meter: 208
Donate money to this user
Go to Cydia, add cydia.neterteam.com repo and then install 5C 5S 5 Called ID fix. Let us know if that works.
Old 01-02-2014, 18:02   #8 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1979713
Thanks Meter: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by xineke View Post
I already search over the internet for 3 days and i just don't know what else i can do.

I have one iPhone 5 locked from Sprint, the phone service, 3G and SMS are working fine after i installed the patch from Cydia. But i still have problems with my Caller ID, when someone calls me it doesn't show the name, only the number.

I already put the code from my country (+55 Brazil) before the name, it works but when i call for the number with +55 my brazilian company can't understand and say that i'm trying a number that doesn't exist.

And of course, because of this my iMessage and FaceTime doesn't work too, and on Settings - Phone - My number it appears "Unknow".

Does anybody know how can I solve this problem?

Here is what i found on the internet:
1-) Go to System-Library-Frameworks-UIKit-framework-PhoneFormats and edit the UIMobileCountryCodes-plist

But i can't find this folder on UIKit-framework, i think they changed on iPhone 5 or on iOS 7.

2-) Go to this folder on your iphone at root-private-var-mobile-Library-Preferences, than edit the file "com-apple-AppSupport-plist".

I use iFile to edit, changing the "us" for "br", but when i Respring the iPhone for the changes make effect the file changes it self for what was before. I already try saving the file, editing on XCODE and uploading the new file to the iPhone, but again when i respiring the file changes it self again.

3-) I read that there is a simple way, first you shutdown your iPhone, remove the r-sim and leave just your SIM, start the iPhone and the numbers will be ok, than shutdown again, put the r-sim with the SIM and start the iPhone, now your numbers will be ok.

This doesn't work too, when i start my iPhone without my r-sim i can't get to the iphone, i'm stuck at that white introduction page, thats say: your iPhone needs to be activate.

4-) and finally the last one, i read that the archive we need to change its this: "System-Library-PrivateFrameworks-AppSupportframework-Defaultphoneformat"

But i don't know how to change it, this file doesn't open whit XCODE and it's all weird on text editor.

5-) I see here some way, saying that you have to restore to 7.0.4 and start as a new iPhone. But i need more information.

Can someone please help me? There is a way to solve this issue and i can't find it, or it doesn't have a solution yet?

Thanks!
Hello xineke,

I'm with the same problem, the old IOS 6.1.x work with this:
  1. Your iPhone has to be jailbroken and to have Cydia installed.
  2. Open Cydia and install iFile.
  3. Close Cydia and open the installed iFile.
  4. Navigate to: /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/PhoneFormats
  5. Click on the UIMobileCountryCodes.plist and open it with Text Viewer.
  6. Click Edit on the top left corner.
  7. Change the 202 to 001 just do it and dont care about ur country code do it 001
  8. Change the gr to (your country 2 letter code e.g. it for Italy, fr for France) for more info about CALLING CODES find here [ List of country calling codes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ].
But, not with IOS 7.0.x - not found the file PhoneFormats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMTester View Post
Go to Cydia, add cydia.neterteam.com repo and then install 5C 5S 5 Called ID fix. Let us know if that works.
Hello SIMTester,

That didn't work.

Thank you.,
Old 01-03-2014, 03:10   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1938435
Thanks Meter: 208
Donate money to this user
You can't edit .plists without commcenter patch. You can only switch them around.
Old 01-03-2014, 17:38   #10 (permalink)

Member: 2098221
I have the same problem. Tryed the neterteam patch, doesnt work
Old 01-03-2014, 17:49   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMTester View Post
Go to Cydia, add cydia-neterteam-com repo and then install 5C 5S 5 Called ID fix. Let us know if that works.
This patch helps, but didn't fix the problem.

Here in brazil we have one code for each area in the country, so if we have the number 5555-5555, it appears 0xx-5555-5555 on the caller ID. When i save the number with the area code the caller id WORKS! But when i call for the number with the area code it can't be completed, because we have to put the another code (company code), like this: 041xx-5555-5555.

Anyway, it helps, but not enough. And the FaceTime, iMessage and my number issue continues the same
Old 01-03-2014, 18:17   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by infoextreme View Post
Hello xineke,

I'm with the same problem, the old IOS 6-1-x work with this:
  1. Your iPhone has to be jailbroken and to have Cydia installed.
  2. Open Cydia and install iFile.
  3. Close Cydia and open the installed iFile.
  4. Navigate to: System-Library-Frameworks-UIKitframework-PhoneFormats
  5. Click on the UIMobileCountryCodes-plist and open it with Text Viewer.
  6. Click Edit on the top left corner.
  7. Change the 202 to 001 just do it and dont care about ur country code do it 001
  8. Change the gr to (your country 2 letter code eg it for Italy, fr for France) for more info about CALLING CODES find here.
But, not with IOS 7.0.x - not found the file PhoneFormats.

Hello SIMTester,

That didn't work.

Thank you
Yeah, in the iOS 7.0.X the folder PhoneFormats doesn't exist, but after i install the Caller ID Fix for iOS 5.x.x this folder appears. I'm gonna try install this patch again and edit the plist.

Thanks!
Old 01-04-2014, 03:59   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xineke View Post
Yeah, in the iOS 7.0.X the folder PhoneFormats doesn't exist, but after i install the Caller ID Fix for iOS 5.x.x this folder appears. I'm gonna try install this patch again and edit the plist.

Thanks!
Unfortunately it didn't work =/

Anyone else?!
Old 01-12-2014, 06:29   #14 (permalink)

Member: 2091196
im having the same problem...
Old 01-12-2014, 10:37   #15 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 2043303
Thanks Meter: 8
How did you get your 3G to work though?