GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > SIM Solution Products > R-SIM & GEVEY SIM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2013, 21:38   #1 (permalink)
Product Manager

Member: 38751
Sonork: 100.75985
Thanks Meter: 2,573
VERY Good NEWS !128K nano SIM 3G OK with new R-SIM8+ PATCH

DOWNLOAD NEW R-SIM PATCH to fix 3G on nano 128K SIM

FREE PATCH can only give you EDGE but this PATCH can give you 3G on 128K nano SIM

FREE PATCH ONLY GIVES YOU EDGE HERE

FULL PATCH GIVES YOU 3G FOR CDMA & GSM 128k nano 2-in-1

WE fixed almost all the negative feedback bugs with this edition.. We have also added Auto-Uninstaller to delete your old PATCH before installing new PATCH to avoid conflicts which is biggest headache.

This PATCH is for CDMA and also for GSM cards running on 128K un-cut nano. ( more info coming tomorrow )

THIS PATCH WILL WORK WITH YOUR OLD CODE.... IT WILL NOT ASK YOU FOR CODE IF YOUR iPHONE HAS BEEN PATCH BEFORE.. Auto Upgrade.

More info Coming Tomorrow on this nice tool... ENJOY
WE HAVE ALSO ADDED A FREE GIFT FOR YOU ON THIS PATCH... YOU DO NOT NEED unlockit.co.nz/ Anymore after PATCHing to set APN.. WE HAVE GIVEN YOU APN SETTER BETTER THAN unlockit.co.nz/ FREE

Last edited by miliky; 10-18-2013 at 12:59. Reason: updated
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to miliky For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 08-26-2013, 21:03   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1991359
Thanks Meter: 49
Hi,

several Problems after Installing. I have used this patch from the link above: http://rpatch.com/free-patch-for-r-s...ut-2/who-i-am/

Iphone5, locked to Tele2 Sweden, German Nano-SIM in Combi with RSIM8 Gold (original, no fake).

After installing this patch:
* Instability with Signal
* No 3G
* No 2G Internet anymore

and

In the Setting Menu iīve lose option to configure the APL !!!. In Settings -> General -> Mobile Network i have only the Options "Mobile Data" and "Roaming" and thatīs all. No APL Settings. How can i get this menu back ?

The better solution for me is the "iR0SE"-Tool i switched back to. But the problem is still: I canīt configure APL Settings ? After i made this update there is no more possibility with the RSIM8 in combination with any sim card to manually configure the APL Settings. How can i get this back ?

Do you have something like a "Patch back ?". Maybe i made a mistake (I did really everything by your guide).....I ve you guys have a better patch for european A1429GSM Phones and mobile cards i will pay for it..np

P.S.: With the "iR0se" Tool the RSIM 8 is very very stable....but....no 2G (at this moment).

Last edited by eko700; 08-26-2013 at 21:08.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eko700 For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 08-26-2013, 21:33   #3 (permalink)

Member: 1927915
Sonork: 100.1638651
Thanks Meter: 5
I was able to activate 3G, but after turning the switch to ON in the RSIM3 app I only got Edge, then I turned the switch back to OFF but it kept the mobile signal in Edge, no 3G anymore. I had to restore my iPhone 5 and repeated the process but this time I did not turn the switch to ON, I left it OFF... this way I did not lose the 3G signal... again.
The Following User Says Thank You to JoF77 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2013, 22:35   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 235325
Sonork: 100.1593552
Thanks Meter: 523
Question offtopic

@miliki,
hello and sorry to post here but I'm a little confused;
wich one is the difference between rsim8+ and rsim8 gold?
I've just made an account on the official site to order 20 pcs of rsim8 but after I take a better look I am confused: there are different prices between this 2 and wich one is better? wich one surely work with all types of new nano simcards?
Both types are good?
Thanks and I wait for an answer to pleace my order in the right way.
Regards!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Burebista For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2013, 10:00   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1695601
Sonork: tuma jay
Thanks Meter: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burebista View Post
@miliki,
hello and sorry to post here but I'm a little confused;
wich one is the difference between rsim8+ and rsim8 gold?
I've just made an account on the official site to order 20 pcs of rsim8 but after I take a better look I am confused: there are different prices between this 2 and wich one is better? wich one surely work with all types of new nano simcards?
Both types are good?
Thanks and I wait for an answer to pleace my order in the right way.
Regards!
rsim8+ is ONLY FOR those that want to use 128k sims that were nano size from factory (meaning the sims were not cut from normal or micro sim size) while rsim8 gold is just an update from the normal rsim8. if u av used rsim8 with your sim and u get no service after doing all the right configurations, then what u need is rsim8+ . if u get no service with rsim8,u will still get no service with rsim8 gold. hope u get the difference.

In my country Nigeria, rsim8/7+ will not work with etisalat NG network but works fine with glo,mtn, and airtel. so if it's a must to use etisalat in nigeria, then u need rsim8+
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tumajay For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2013, 12:50   #6 (permalink)
Product Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by eko700 View Post
Hi,

several Problems after Installing. I have used this patch from the link above: | R-SIM PATCH

Iphone5, locked to Tele2 Sweden, German Nano-SIM in Combi with RSIM8 Gold (original, no fake).

After installing this patch:
* Instability with Signal
* No 3G
* No 2G Internet anymore

and

In the Setting Menu iīve lose option to configure the APL !!!. In Settings -> General -> Mobile Network i have only the Options "Mobile Data" and "Roaming" and thatīs all. No APL Settings. How can i get this menu back ?

The better solution for me is the "iR0SE"-Tool i switched back to. But the problem is still: I canīt configure APL Settings ? After i made this update there is no more possibility with the RSIM8 in combination with any sim card to manually configure the APL Settings. How can i get this back ?

Do you have something like a "Patch back ?". Maybe i made a mistake (I did really everything by your guide).....I ve you guys have a better patch for european A1429GSM Phones and mobile cards i will pay for it..np

P.S.: With the "iR0se" Tool the RSIM 8 is very very stable....but....no 2G (at this moment).
Actually you really tested that FREE patch because everything you said here we addressed on the new patch.

For EU cards we have a new button on the PATCH with label ( Other ) in that button we are building GSM PATCH that we can use to optimize things we are limited to do with R-SIM hardware.

download the new PATCH v5 from R-SIM PATCH | iPhone 5/4S 3G & SMS bug fixer
Old 08-27-2013, 12:57   #7 (permalink)
Product Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoF77 View Post
I was able to activate 3G, but after turning the switch to ON in the RSIM3 app I only got Edge, then I turned the switch back to OFF but it kept the mobile signal in Edge, no 3G anymore. I had to restore my iPhone 5 and repeated the process but this time I did not turn the switch to ON, I left it OFF... this way I did not lose the 3G signal... again.
Can you manualy set the APN of your network provider..
Old 08-27-2013, 13:11   #8 (permalink)

Member: 1927915
Sonork: 100.1638651
Thanks Meter: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by miliky View Post
I can't, the menu to manually set the APN does not show anymore, contrary to what happened with previous patches.
Old 08-27-2013, 13:13   #9 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 7731
Thanks Meter: 27
So is the Other button really does something now ?

Στάλθηκε από το HTC One μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk 2
Old 08-27-2013, 13:34   #10 (permalink)
Product Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn View Post
So is the Other button really does something now ?

R-sim8+ needs a patch to support 128k simcards to work... We were obliged to give FREE patch but as we said.. Free patch can only get EDGE and and not complete . we have made an advanced PATCH that will support all 128K un-cut nano simcards on that 'OTHER' button...

We are still collecting feedbacks and making improvements where needed... So please help us with feedback
Old 08-27-2013, 13:47   #11 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 7731
Thanks Meter: 27
That means I can try with other button and I will report

Old 08-27-2013, 13:55   #12 (permalink)

Member: 1987497
Thanks Meter: 1
Wayting for my activation code to try...
Hope it will work!
Old 08-27-2013, 13:58   #13 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Hi Milky,

please read also my post above. Iīm not able to set 3G, and after the patch iīve lost the possibility to set up the APN manually.

Settings -> General -> Cellular ->

only

Cellular Data (on/off)
Data Roamin (on/off)

After patching i got the message "You are not subscribed to cellular data".

I used a workaround with generating a APN-Profile via unlock.cz and 2G works. But still no 3G and from after the patch also no possibility to set the APN manually...

Do you have an idea ?

P.S.: I have an original RSIM8 and bought an activation code before.
Old 08-27-2013, 14:01   #14 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Actually you really tested that FREE patch because everything you said here we addressed on the new patch.

For EU cards we have a new button on the PATCH with label ( Other ) in that button we are building GSM PATCH that we can use to optimize things we are limited to do with R-SIM hardware.

download the new PATCH v5 from R-SIM PATCH | iPhone 5/4S 3G & SMS bug fixer
ok, i will try later. But as i can see in the description of your link:

"R-SIM PATCH is software part of R-SIM Team to assist in optimizing SMS and 3G functions on iPhone 5/4S CDMA/WCDMA ( Sprint/Japan SB/AU/Verizon ) after unlocking. This PATCH does NOT require Jailbreak, Very easy to install with a cable."

I have a european Version of Iphone5, "only" GSM A1429. Which patch from your site is correct ?

What do you mean with button ? A "button" in the Patch, on the site ? Maybe you mean the "other" button due the Installation where i can Choose Unicom, ...., other ?

yes.. same line where you find Unicom you will find OTHER...

Last edited by miliky; 08-27-2013 at 14:59.
Old 08-27-2013, 14:56   #15 (permalink)
Product Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn View Post
That means I can try with other button and I will report

Yes.. We actually put it there as OTHER till we have all the feedbacks back then we make it public with GSM button.. more testing needed first
The Following User Says Thank You to miliky For This Useful Post: