GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > SIM Solution Products > R-SIM & GEVEY SIM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2014, 16:20   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2108630
Thanks Meter: 0
iPhone 4s Verizon r-sim 9 pro old number issue

Have iPhone 4s Verizon. IOS 7.0.4 Been using with PagePlus, which uses Verizon cdma network. Installed R-sim 9 pro and t-Mobile nano sim card (128k?) Everything seems to work except cannot receive calls to t-Mobile number as the phone still shows the PagePlus number, is grayed out and cannot be changed. Will a full reset allow the t-Mobile number associated with the sim card to work? Any help will be appreciated.
Old 04-01-2014, 18:28   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1938435
Thanks Meter: 208
Donate money to this user
So I have very little experience with the R-SIM 9 Pro on 4S as I don't believe in buying a nano SIM tool for a micro SIM phone when there is the R-SIM Air for 4S and GPP for 4S. Moving on, in the setup menu for R-SIM 9, you must choose 4S iOS6 instead of 4S iOS7 to have 3G data working. You can reset it in Settings, Phone, SIM Applications.

I've never seen a number grayed out, but this number only affects the formatting of caller ID and text messages to and from your unlocked SIM card phone number. With R-SIM Air(7.6-7.8) and GPP(firmware 7.9 or 8.8), the number is automatically changed to the number on your SIM card as long as you aren't using iOS 7.1.

Are you getting 3G service and able to send text messages from your T-Mobile number?
Old 04-02-2014, 17:03   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the reply. I believe text messaging worked, but could not receive a call. Not sure about 3G service. Went back to working iPhone 4 until I have time to try your suggestions, likely this weekend. I will report back. Thought I was getting the latest and greatest when I got the 9 pro, didn't know the air was better. Thanks again.
Old 04-02-2014, 19:10   #4 (permalink)

Would it be less problematic to purchase an R-Sim Air? I have a working phone and can afford the wait. Appears GPP requires jailbreak? Trying to avoid that. Does R-Sim air work if I were to upgrade to IOS 7.1?
Old 04-07-2014, 05:04   #5 (permalink)

Hi SIMTester, tried your suggestion, could not get the R-Sim 9 Pro to work at all if I selected IOS 6. Worked fine with IOS 7 selected. Although the old CDMA number still shows grayed out, it seems messaging is working. I only have Edge available where I am, so don't know about 3G at this point.
Old 04-07-2014, 20:04   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2160880
Thanks Meter: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMTester View Post
So I have very little experience with the R-SIM 9 Pro on 4S as I don't believe in buying a nano SIM tool for a micro SIM phone when there is the R-SIM Air for 4S and GPP for 4S. Moving on, in the setup menu for R-SIM 9, you must choose 4S iOS6 instead of 4S iOS7 to have 3G data working. You can reset it in Settings, Phone, SIM Applications.

I've never seen a number grayed out, but this number only affects the formatting of caller ID and text messages to and from your unlocked SIM card phone number. With R-SIM Air(7.6-7.8) and GPP(firmware 7.9 or 8.8), the number is automatically changed to the number on your SIM card as long as you aren't using iOS 7.1.

Are you getting 3G service and able to send text messages from your T-Mobile number?
For some reason here in Mexico we don't get the number after using GPP both firmwares 7.9 or 8.8. Not sure why.
Old 04-07-2014, 20:07   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.anger View Post
Have iPhone 4s Verizon. IOS 7.0.4 Been using with PagePlus, which uses Verizon cdma network. Installed R-sim 9 pro and t-Mobile nano sim card (128k?) Everything seems to work except cannot receive calls to t-Mobile number as the phone still shows the PagePlus number, is grayed out and cannot be changed. Will a full reset allow the t-Mobile number associated with the sim card to work? Any help will be appreciated.
In our experience that number will never change unless you modify the iOS bundles directly and erase the phone from there.

We have many customers using their 4S both verizon and sprint with old numbers there. In case you have any issue with the dialing just turn of the dial assistance and add your contacts with both +countryCode +local area code +number AND +local area code + number. e.g. +527771234567 and 7771234567.
Old 04-07-2014, 20:17   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Thanks for the tip. I didn't realize GPP/R-SIM only changed My Number on Sprint/Verizon if you used iFile to modify the default bundle. GPP on Sprint 64k SIM changes Sprint 15.0, 15.5, 16.0 to Carrier 15.0, 15.5, 16.0, so will My Number change automatically? Does it work for My Number Unknown? I thought it did for Sprint but not Verizon unless jailbroken. So many variables to keep track of.
Old 04-07-2014, 20:20   #9 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMTester View Post
Thanks for the tip. I didn't realize GPP/R-SIM only changed My Number on Sprint/Verizon if you used iFile to modify the default bundle. GPP on Sprint 64k SIM changes Sprint 15.0, 15.5, 16.0 to Carrier 15.0, 15.5, 16.0, so will My Number change automatically? Does it work for My Number Unknown? I thought it did for Sprint but not Verizon unless jailbroken. So many variables to keep track of.
That's a very good question. We haven't tested 64KB SIM cards since they are not popular here. Very very few people using old 64 KB SIM cards. We would have to do some testing if we get lucky finding an active one.
Old 04-07-2014, 20:23   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

So with GPP(all iOS 5.1.1-7.1), does Sprint carrier bundle change to Unknown bundle and Verizon carrier bundle change to vf nl bundle with any of your SIM cards(no jailbreak required)?
Old 04-07-2014, 20:50   #11 (permalink)
Freak Poster

We haven't paid attention to that detail. But... we have seen that some of them say Sprint 15.5 or so and some others Carrier 15.5 or so.

We have thought its about the IMSI you put and/or the iOS version and baseband in order to get those type of differences. Also, we think it depends on if you have updated or not the carrier setting once you get notified to do so.

For the verizons for sure we remember more vf nl. For sprint, some sprint some carrier or carrierlab as well.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:31   #12 (permalink)
No Life Poster

I confirmed tonight that the bundle must change from Verizon to vf nl or Sprint to Carrier for 64K/128K LTE SIM to work on unactivated Sprint/Verizon iPhones iOS 7.0-7.1. I used an old GPP chip that changed the bundle for 128K SIMs on unactivated 7.1 Verizon, but the signal dropped after 30 seconds. I guess this is a complex issue. I used the 7.9/8.5 GPP with a 64K 3G chip for SMS out. I could also activate the iPhone with Verizon and use iRose to get SMS out working with 64K LTE chip. 3G worked fine without activation, but only using iRose patch.
Old 04-08-2014, 18:41   #13 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Always try to confirm that CDMA International setting is off as that one messes up everything. (If more readers were posters...)