GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > BlackBerry (RIM) > Blackberry CDMA

Blackberry CDMA Blackberry CDMA phones discussion, firmwares, tutorial, media, repairs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2011, 13:40   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 486357
Sonork: 100.1602846
Thanks Meter: 1,220
HOW TO CHANGE ESN ON ALL BLACKBERRY + SPC Try your OWN RISK

HOW TO CHANGE ESN ON ALL BLACKBERRY + SPC TRY YOUR OWN RISK

Start

Connect your BB and make a back-up of anything on it you would like to keep as we will be erasing its contents including the OS.

First, you will need these softwares:

Copy of OS you want on your device- You must have this.
Radiolab Tool
MFI Multiloader-Need all parts of multiloader.

Do a google search for the software. There are many torrents for the Multiloader.

To start:
1. Install the MFI Multiloader to your computer. You must install the complete program otherwise none of this will work. Do your research.
2. Connect your BB to your computer with usb cable. Do not start the desktop manager.
3. Open the MFI Multiloader, it will recognize your phone and will wipe all contents from the phone.
4. Look at the screen on your BB while the program is compiling, when the screen shows a large 1 in the upper left corner, close the multiloader. I repeat when you see a large 1 on your BB, close out the MFI Multiloader program.
5. Open the Radiolab Tool. It contains a program which looks similar to CDMA Workshop. Under the available views tab there is a tab marked ID. Highlight the ID tab.
6. Make sure your BB is still connected to your computer. Click the connect button located in the top left corner of the Radiolab Tool. On the lower screen it shoould say connected.
7. On the right screen you will see IMEI, BSN, BBPIN, and other lines. Click read on the IMEI line, it will read the IMEI from your phone. Replace the old IMEI with the new IMEI you want on your phone. Click write and it should be written to your phone.
8. On the BBPIN line click read. Replace the old BBPIN with your new Pin and click write.
9. After writing the pin click the disconnect button located next to the connect button on the radiolab tool.
10. Now all you have to do is load your OS back onto your BB. I used the loader /nojava method through the command prompt. You can try to load it with the apploader. It may or may not work, I kept to what worked for me.

Using this process I was able to successfully change the esn and pin on two 8330's. I was also able to change back to the original esn's and pin's.

One thing___You must have an esn and pin combination from RIM if you plan on ever registering with BIS/BES. Luckily I had a couple of damaged BB's I was able to use the esn/pin's off of to change out.
The Following User Says Thank You to mohit_kripalu01 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2011, 14:27   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 482218
Thanks Meter: 119
Donate money to this user
you cant change ESN using this method, just BSN, IMEI and PIN. ESN can only be changed by RAM editing.