GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPad , iPod , Apple TV

iPad , iPod , Apple TV iPad 1 , iPad 2 , iPad 3 , iPad Mini , iPad 4 / iPod Classic , iPod Nano , iPod Touch / Apple TV

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2021, 18:28   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1003091
Thanks Meter: 0
Unhappy iPad Pro 12.9 broken WiFi chip question.

Hi all,
I have an iPad Pro 12.9 4G (A1652) with broken WiFi (coded as 339S00044).

I've unlocked tha NAND and mounted a new chip, but coded as 339S00047 used in iPad Pro 12.9 WIFI since it's the same mainbord with the difference of without the 4G stuff and because 339S00044 was hard to find around.
Bluetooth is recognized and works, WiFi not (no MAC address, no toggle switch is working).
Some shops sells both the 44 and 47 version (by saying for 4G and for WIFI rispectively), someother also the 45 and I don't understand which are the differences.

Is possible that the WiFi doesn't work because this? If yes, why?
If not could someone have some suggestions or a schematic to try fix this problem.
Thank you all.
Old 02-25-2021, 16:06   #2 (permalink)

Member: 2613325
Thanks Meter: 3
Wifi and 4G models have different WiFi Chips. When you say you unlocked the NAND do you mean you unbound the Wifi? Or changed SN for iCloud?
Old 02-25-2021, 20:21   #3 (permalink)

Member: 1003091
Thanks Meter: 0
Yes, I've unbounded the WiFi, nothing else.
Why the chips should be different?
Old 02-27-2021, 07:29   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 4627
Sonork: 57528:debeliamark
Thanks Meter: 1,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksoft View Post
Yes, I've unbounded the WiFi, nothing else.
Why the chips should be different?
Because of Apple ... they hold under control all - in our case - just prevented [in past] to "unlock" FMI=ON by change of board type [4G -> WiFi] . You know, use of different combo BT+WiFi modules for models with SIM and models with WiFi only exist from iPad Air 2 still and continue - so you need to get exactly same combo module as original one.