GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   Huawei Android based phones (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f929/)
-   -   LYA-L29 Mate 20 Pro retail demo mode how to remove (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f929/lya-l29-mate-20-pro-retail-demo-mode-how-remove-2494868/)

agimxxx 10-24-2018 22:05

LYA-L29 Mate 20 Pro retail demo mode how to remove

hi ,is any way to remove retail demo from LYA-L29 ?

Lvrajal 02-28-2019 12:32

Any solutions to this?

KATOUE 03-04-2019 08:21

Hi
Try to read about FunkyHuawei

goldenfish125 03-21-2019 03:09

try HSTool on XDA

stabbinbaz 03-29-2019 12:37

it depends, there isnt a reliable method but ive been working on it, i bought a solution from one guy, it had potential but didnt actually work as it seemed to need an unlocked bootloader, i emailed him and he said "downgrade and ill tell you how" failing to mention what to downgrade to or how to do it.

so i began researching and messing about, somehow between octoplus and DCunlocker i actually managed to get te device to PHONE unlocked in fastboot but as the oem unlock option still wasnt available i still couldnt use it.

so i worked on downgrading, i have attempted flashing via SD, in update mode, fastboot mode and tried the HStool method, initially it says the device isnt supported, you can add support by editing an xml file in appdata but then you simply get "recovery packages not available for this device" i havent yet found a way to flash it, even the correct C652 package wont flash via any method ive tried

after a while i decided to try a standard OTA update to the latest version from the 108D i was on in the hope it would allow the OEM unlock button to work but all it did was put the bootloader back to PHONE Locked

if youre not too bothered about a few remnants of the demo and can live with being stuck on whatever version the hw demo unit gets you can disable and uninstall the demo software fairly easily but it will come back on a factory reset and youll still have a banner in the notifications saying retail demo but otherwise its totally usable

if i make any further progress ill report back

plentong 03-31-2019 16:27

If can unlock bootloader, it possible to change oeminfo or not?

smp_comms 03-31-2019 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by stabbinbaz (Post 13599075)
it depends, there isnt a reliable method but ive been working on it, i bought a solution from one guy, it had potential but didnt actually work as it seemed to need an unlocked bootloader, i emailed him and he said "downgrade and ill tell you how" failing to mention what to downgrade to or how to do it.

so i began researching and messing about, somehow between octoplus and DCunlocker i actually managed to get te device to PHONE unlocked in fastboot but as the oem unlock option still wasnt available i still couldnt use it.

so i worked on downgrading, i have attempted flashing via SD, in update mode, fastboot mode and tried the HStool method, initially it says the device isnt supported, you can add support by editing an xml file in appdata but then you simply get "recovery packages not available for this device" i havent yet found a way to flash it, even the correct C652 package wont flash via any method ive tried

after a while i decided to try a standard OTA update to the latest version from the 108D i was on in the hope it would allow the OEM unlock button to work but all it did was put the bootloader back to PHONE Locked

if youre not too bothered about a few remnants of the demo and can live with being stuck on whatever version the hw demo unit gets you can disable and uninstall the demo software fairly easily but it will come back on a factory reset and youll still have a banner in the notifications saying retail demo but otherwise its totally usable

if i make any further progress ill report back

to enable “OEM unlock” device needs to be connected to internet, also once you have an unlocked bootloader you can flash custom recovery and Rom via it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

halim.gsm 03-31-2019 22:59

im unlocked bootloader and roote phone and edit oeminfo , after reboot phone make hard reset and demo back

stabbinbaz 04-01-2019 08:37

i think the next stage youd need to do is to flash the xloader partition only in fastboot from a clean C432 (or whichever non demo firmware you are flashing) after that flash the rest of the firmware from a USB pen in forced upgrade mode

how did you manage to enable OEM unlock option in the menu though?

Kubik696 05-13-2019 13:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by halim.gsm (Post 13601740)
im unlocked bootloader and roote phone and edit oeminfo , after reboot phone make hard reset and demo back

friend you can give us oem info???

stabbinbaz 05-15-2019 09:26

here you go

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BP...cxFJ5kGOFADcQ3

Kubik696 05-15-2019 14:39

thank you friend, but DCPhoenix does not accept these files, nor does it accept the oeminfo file from the factory board

stabbinbaz 05-18-2019 15:23

you CANNOT flash oeminfo with DCPhoenix or anything else via fastboot. the ONLY way is if you already have an unlocked bootloader and root. that is a twrp (or basically dd) backup of the oeminfo partition