GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone 6 / iPhone 6 Plus / iPhone 6S / iPhone 6S Plus

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2017, 10:55   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2633943
Thanks Meter: 3
IPhone 6s - buy now or wait

Hi all,

Here I am asking for your advice regarding the best moment to buy a new iPhone 6s 32gb rose gold.

I am in no hurry and since the iphone 7s, 8, X (or whatever it is going to be called) will be released in September with the iPhone 6s most probably being discontinued at launch, I am wondering if it would be wise to wait until (after) September to buy an iPhone 6s in order to see prices drop even further.

I am a little confused as the iPhone 5s stayed around seemingly forever with prices dropping continuously then settling at a really low level while the iPhone 6 on the other hand disappeared almost immediately after being discontinued.

As for my choice: the iPhone will be a gift and the 6/6s form factor is a requirement as well as the color option rose gold. I am avoiding the iPhone 6 since it had too many problems (touch, bend and battery issues) and is not available in rose gold, the 5s as it is too old now (plus not the right size and color), the SE because of design/form factor and the 7or 8 because too expensive and no headphone jack. Plus models are no option either because of the size. I prefer a new phone for various reasons.

Currently I am leaning towards waiting until (after) September.

What do you suggest?

Thanks a lot,