GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > BB5BOX Products > BB5BOX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2007, 12:57   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 53791
Thanks Meter: 17
BB5 - No Testpoint

Hi

Saw this post

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/show...68&postcount=1

Does this mean that BB5 without having to dismantle and without having to do TP is just around the corner ?

Will BB5 box support this feature ?

Twisterfan
Old 11-01-2007, 13:20   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 18028
Thanks Meter: 20
i hope this solution never come to public because of prices for unlock.all phones should be with tp so price for unlock be 20€ and more not 1€
Old 11-01-2007, 13:42   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 138877
Thanks Meter: 0
i am thinking this is new dejan box or new gt box....
only time will tell now, apparantly solution is with fbus cable.
Old 11-01-2007, 13:47   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 3617
Thanks Meter: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by VELIKI View Post
i hope this solution never come to public because of prices for unlock.all phones should be with tp so price for unlock be 20€ and more not 1€
in ALbania from now the price is 5 euro
Old 11-01-2007, 13:53   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

because of this solution or because so many ppl have tp solution?
Old 11-01-2007, 14:54   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
I would hope that i would atleast be able to get paid for unlocking enough phones with my BB5 box so that i get back what i have paid.

If someone would release a free flash-patcher software that anyone could run it would be extremely bad for business....Especially in my country where one of the major compagnies just announced that they are going to stop locking their phones.

Seems to me that i can look back in 6 months and see that buying BB5 box was a bad investment ...

Hopefully there will atleast be some sort of payment required for flash patch unlocking so that supported models of BB5 box will be free with TP so that i can make a little money there.

Twisterfan
Old 11-01-2007, 15:43   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 287529
Thanks Meter: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by ******** View Post
Now that it is here, does anyone have any technical information how this is done. Or have a good guess. We can make a contest who can guess or get more infromation on how these new boxs are unlocking BB5 without TP. And can this new concept be added to the present bb5 boxes.
Sir please break the suspense.Very eager to know about this.Please tell us more.I think this thread will also be deleted or closed soon.As most of BB5 box vendors don't like your posts.
Old 11-01-2007, 17:32   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

@Edna

Yeah it is strange how it is done.

As far as i am aware the security around the sim-locks are very tight and it should not even be possible to just flash-patch the software because it has to be signed with a secret key otherwise the phone wont boot with it in as far as i know.

So maybe they have found a way to sign software ? Or maybe they have found a way to calculate the right hashes for field 308 ?

Twisterfan
Old 11-01-2007, 17:42   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 37237
Sonork: 100.1586809
Thanks Meter: 39
if you like to do it with out test point then all of the customers and work shops that you serve will buy this box and do it by them self.. and there is no need for you man.... every one can do it ... so the price will go down and it will be as DCT4 unlock and you will gain nothing....
i like it coz its hard to do for regual users ... here i will make money from it...
so i dont like it to be free.... and if it will done with out TP... i hope that the price of the box will be 5000Eruo...so as not every one can buy it....
its better to do 1 phone with 20$ than doing 20 phone each 1$...
Old 11-01-2007, 20:38   #10 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 404186
Thanks Meter: 5
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuiesa View Post
if you like to do it with out test point then all of the customers and work shops that you serve will buy this box and do it by them self.. and there is no need for you man.... every one can do it ... so the price will go down and it will be as DCT4 unlock and you will gain nothing....
i like it coz its hard to do for regual users ... here i will make money from it...
so i dont like it to be free.... and if it will done with out TP... i hope that the price of the box will be 5000Eruo...so as not every one can buy it....
its better to do 1 phone with 20$ than doing 20 phone each 1$...
Yeah, BUT:

1. unlocking of 20 phones for $1 WITHOUT TP will take 20 minutes - $20 for 20 minutes, WARRANTY RETAINED, CUSTOMERS HAPPY

2. unlocking of 1 phone for $20 WITH TP will take AT LEAST 20 minutes (if you make it quicker, you are VERY VERY GOOD, i worked in NOKIA service centre and i wouldn't ever be faster), too expensive, LOST WARRANTY, takes too long, possibility of broken phone cover, broken ribbons connecting keyboard, camera etc, CUSTOMERS UNHAPPY leaving and never come back..

I wish you to earn you spent money for your box back, but aint I right regardless all of this?
Old 11-01-2007, 21:22   #11 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 183921
Sonork: 100.1590817
Thanks Meter: 205
why people who works in Nokia service centre didn't know bout this solution?

we already make this workin without TP at least a month ago..

all test was workin Ok, phone was unlocked.

but sorry i can't make any description about how to make it,
so don't asking,

one thing i can say its true solution, without TP was really possible thing.

br,
kevin168
Old 11-01-2007, 21:40   #12 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 37237
Sonork: 100.1586809
Thanks Meter: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by User242 View Post
Yeah, BUT:

1. unlocking of 20 phones for $1 WITHOUT TP will take 20 minutes - $20 for 20 minutes, WARRANTY RETAINED, CUSTOMERS HAPPY

2. unlocking of 1 phone for $20 WITH TP will take AT LEAST 20 minutes (if you make it quicker, you are VERY VERY GOOD, i worked in NOKIA service centre and i wouldn't ever be faster), too expensive, LOST WARRANTY, takes too long, possibility of broken phone cover, broken ribbons connecting keyboard, camera etc, CUSTOMERS UNHAPPY leaving and never come back..

I wish you to earn you spent money for your box back, but aint I right regardless all of this?
man if every one able to do it then its not a job ... if you could do it in your home then why to open Phones stores.....
DCT4 phones unlocked for 1USD.... is that make you gain mony....
i like to be risky so as not to let any one do it.... so that i will be happy
Old 11-01-2007, 21:53   #13 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 592460
Thanks Meter: 110
Quote:
100 % AGREE with you!!
Old 11-01-2007, 22:23   #14 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 592460
Thanks Meter: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by ******** View Post
@Rezn

In your thread you started. You say you know how bb5 unlocking with-out TP is done. Is this true or is this alot of hot air from you. Can you explain your post. And enlighten us all.
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/show...nlocking+No+Tp
Had co-incidence of bumping into someone who know Dejan and he lets say "slipped" some info that sounded like a resonable solution, in laymans terms so it was not a big technical discussion like everyone is hoping for. At this point I dont know what to think about it so its not applicable at the moment. However, since I am personally a very happy user of BB5Box then I hope this solution will never see the light of day!!
Old 11-01-2007, 22:30   #15 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin168 View Post
why people who works in Nokia service centre didn't know bout this solution?

we already make this workin without TP at least a month ago..

all test was workin Ok, phone was unlocked.

but sorry i can't make any description about how to make it,
so don't asking,

one thing i can say its true solution, without TP was really possible thing.

br,
kevin168
What i dont understand is why wouldnt someone who produce this solution want to sell it and make money? If you have solution and Hong Kong and Dubait have 1 box each, already 3 boxes minimum out there, so obviously someone is selling, why can you not disclose producer, price, method, and supported models....?

We all use this forum to help each other learn friend. Why all the secrets?