GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > The Market Place > The Market Feed Back

The Market Feed Back Write here your feedback and your Comments about buyers, sellers or Product Feed Back, Read Carefully The Related Rules for this Section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2007, 22:25   #1 (permalink)

Member: 509276
Thanks Meter: 0
Thumbs down Nicky Duffy / PhantomGSM rip-off........

I want to let all of you know about my experience with PhantomGSM (www.phantomgsm.com) from Scotland...

I've read many posts about flashing phones and a lot of people referred to PhantomGSM and their cables.
So, in Feb 2007 I placed a first-time order on their site for a Samsung D900 unlocking cable, wired the money and waited...
After about 1 months of waiting and not getting the cable nor any information (orderstatus unchanged: pending) I decided to send an e-mail to make sure he (Nicky Duffy) recieved the money. I got an auto-reply saying he would try to answer within 48 hours, but after another 4-5 of days of waiting I sent another mail which I finally got a response to:

"Hi, Payment has been received and order marked as processing.
Thanks for your email
Nicky Duffy"

Great! I thought to myself...

Then nothing more for another month...

By the middle of April, still not hearing anything or getting any cable, I decided to write another mail, trying to propose a replacement (If the USB cable is out of stock, maybe he could send something else? I was tired of waiting...)
Need I say that I never recieved a reply from him?

Waited about 2 weeks then I was so frustrated that I sent him one last e-mail saying I'm giving him one last chance and that if I don't hear anything I have no other option than to expose him as a rip-off...

Well, still no reply and now it's June............

It's been about 4 months since I sent him the money and all I've got so far is the short e-mail quoted above....

I feel I have to warn other people from this obviously unserious person, I'm frustrated with the fact that I've wasted both time and money on this tosser!
I have no idea why he ripped me off, other people (not all though!) seem to have good experiences with PhantomGSM, but maybe he's run into financial trouble or something? I don't know since he's not replying to my e-mails, but until he redeems himself I advice you all to stay away from his business!

/A.
Old 05-31-2007, 22:53   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 11228
Thanks Meter: 32
refund

hi m8
pm me ur paypal details i'll refund u
nicky's a good guy
next time i c him he buy's me a pint!
DJ
Old 06-02-2007, 00:46   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 12578
Thanks Meter: 60
Very unusual for Nicky - I been dealing with him for many many years and he is 100% trsutable guy as far as I am concerned.....
It shows just how valued he is also, as others are willing to return your payment just to show how respected he is!!

Nice one DJ - Can I have a cider please when he gets to the bar!!!

WBR

yeldar
Old 06-02-2007, 03:01   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 511890
Thanks Meter: 7
Nicky is a good bloke. I havn't dealt with him for around 2 years now, but im 99.9% sure he wouldn't cheat anybody. Especially out on 1x Cable

Must be missunderstanding, or maybe he has some troubles just now.

BTW- MINES A BELLS N COKE!
Old 06-02-2007, 08:04   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 102129
Thanks Meter: 3
I had the same problem. I bought a cable from him from ebay. I chased him after a week and no reply to my emails.

So I did a non performing seller chargeback on him from paypal. This got his attention. I got an email on the Tuesday saying it had been posted and here was the recorded delivery reference. The item arrived Saturday and was post marked Thursday. So not only did it take over two weeks to arrive, he did not reply to my emails, but would only respond to paypal chargebacks, he then lied saying he had sent it out, when he hadn't.

If you look at his feedback, you'll see a fair few Negs recently, with the same comments, doesn't/didn't reply to emails.

http://feedback.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI...erval=0&page=2
Old 06-05-2007, 20:07   #6 (permalink)

Member: 497702
Thanks Meter: 1
It's Work, He Appears In 30 Min :d :d :d P.D: protect your info of WHOIS $ whois phantomgsm.com

Last edited by orcie; 06-06-2007 at 04:34.
Old 06-05-2007, 20:38   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 9719
Thanks Meter: 4
Hi Guys, Dunno where to start

1. D900 cables did go off the suppliers list of cables...hence problem in getting more. (we have now got enough to fill any outstanding orders, like this guys). Its weird cos i only just emailed the guy tonight about this and then i seen this post. Anyway email was sent regarding the cable and delivery along with a free gift as means of saying sorry for the delay in getting it all sorted out.

2. Financial troubles, no not the case.

3. Email replys, yes i have to admit their is a long delay in some emails being answered but this is because we often get 200+ emails daily to deal with and it ends up causing a backlog thats a royal pain in the a$$ (spam filtering is no good, so its manually done so we don't miss a customer email due to filtering rules).
This is also the reason why a paypal dispute would get my attention quicker than email at this time.

4. ebay feedback, as always anyone thats dealt with ebay will know that feedback means nothing.... we do try and keep it at a reasonable level of course but if one customer see's a neg then they are likely to follow suit its like lemmings...... i have seen this happen many a time happen to other ebay sellers and also of course myself.

5. If you have a problem, emailing me every 3 hours isn't a good thing....emailing every 1 hour till you get a reply is worse. Although we stated 24 hours in most cases because we have customers that don't have a clock or watch and no patientce we often have more emails to sort through that we shouldn't have needed to (its catch 22, we want to read all emails and reply as needed and as appropriate).

If anyone has a problem with an order, please catch me on msn ([email protected])..... or if emailing us please use [email protected] and include all the relevant information regarding the order etc so that we can deal with it quickly.

@yeldar, davidjollie, RBB
Thanks guys, your support is always welcome.

Darren, if you can help me out with cable supplies please let me know (PM will do).

If anyone else has any comments, please feel free.

@Orcie
i hope the moderators ban you mate, otherwise i will be making way to putting your address and telephone number in public view (tit).

WBR
Old 06-06-2007, 12:29   #8 (permalink)

Hi Nicky!

Thanks for finally taking time to explain this.

I'm a reasonable guy and very patient, and as people can see in my post I didn't "mailbomb" you, 1 e-mail / month is "fairly reasonable" considering you only replied to 1 of my 3-4 e-mails in total (over 4 months).

I can understand your situation with the overflowing mailbox but you need to sort it out if you wanna avoid this kind of negative exposure.

I sent you my address as requested and I'm waiting for the package. I will post here again when it arrives...

DJ - thanks alot for your offer, Nicky is lucky to have friends like you!

Hopefully everything will be sorted now.

Regards
/A.
Old 06-18-2007, 16:50   #9 (permalink)

Today I recieved the cable together with a mini-cdr and a scottish keychain.... The package was sent with registered mail which was very good to make sure that it arrived here properly, thanks a lot!

As for me I'm satisified with finally getting what I ordered, even though it took a long time and the communication was poor from the beginning (before posting on this forum).

Every thing is cool now, I'm just sorry (for PhantomGSM's sake) having to take this matter public. I understand it's bad publicity but I think I had no other choice since the communication over e-mail never worked and 4 months is a long time waiting for an order to be shipped and not getting any information as to why it's not being processed.

After this post I got the attention and service I requested and finally also the cable, so thanks again for taking care of it!

Regards,
Andreas