GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Nokia > Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair

Nokia Hardware & Hardware Repair all what you need for Hardware Repairing for Nokia Phones. Before writing any thread here try to check the Frequently Asked Questions Section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2006, 20:10   #1 (permalink)

Member: 123497
Thanks Meter: 1
nokia 3650 doesn't power on. Why?

Can anybody help me, My nokia 3650 as been all day long powering off. And at the moment it's impossible for me to power it on. What are your remarks, Format maybe or it's a hardware problem?

Thank you for the help that you all can give me
Old 04-27-2006, 10:08   #2 (permalink)

hello to all,
I've dissambled my 3650. I've been doing some resoldering. Once he has turned on but then the LCD display went off with desappearing horizontal lines.

Can anyone help me. Thank's
Old 04-27-2006, 10:24   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 183043
Thanks Meter: 68
i think your problem is either software or the UPP.reflow the UPP and UEM, and if it still isn't working load new software.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:32   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 7653
Thanks Meter: 823
when the screen dissapears with lines, that usually shows battery has been disconnected before software shut down.

so first thing i would check is that battery is not loose in its position. you can make it more secure by put sticky foam (like from inside phone housings) or even folded paper for a quick fix.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:33   #5 (permalink)

Thank you all for your replies.
I've been testing power comsumptian current is only 36 mA with cell phone conected to a external power source, after the attempt of resoldering UEM with Hot hair and flux. When I power it on current now is about 90 mA but then decreases to zero and in LCD it appears the horizontal lines. Do you think that SDRAm could do that'
Old 04-27-2006, 12:41   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 7653
Thanks Meter: 823
what error mesages do your flasher tool give?
Old 04-27-2006, 15:03   #7 (permalink)

I've no flashing box to see the errors, Can you give me some hints one what to check in my phone. My line of business is repairs in audio tv cameras. Only things that i've made on cell phones is to substitute LCD keypad bateries and some other components, but with this generation of cell phones i've not repair nothing. But know my phone is dead and I do love my nokia 3650 . Can you advice me for a flash box that read's this phone, there are too many in the market, and if I bought one it's preferable that it was one not to expensive and universal not only dedicated to my phone.

best regards

JB
Old 04-27-2006, 15:26   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 74519
Thanks Meter: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie
I've no flashing box to see the errors, Can you give me some hints one what to check in my phone. My line of business is repairs in audio tv cameras. Only things that i've made on cell phones is to substitute LCD keypad bateries and some other components, but with this generation of cell phones i've not repair nothing. But know my phone is dead and I do love my nokia 3650 . Can you advice me for a flash box that read's this phone, there are too many in the market, and if I bought one it's preferable that it was one not to expensive and universal not only dedicated to my phone.

best regards

JB
I think you have to start buy a JAF