GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > Griffin Products > MT-BOX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2007, 13:34   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 88410
Thanks Meter: 1
Help beat the revision=F on Vista problem

I've still got this issue on Windows Vista where revision=F isn't working and it's ******* me off now so i would like anyone using Vista to help sort it. It's annoying to have to use an XP machine specific for MT-Pro.

Heres the score

- revision=F is definitely in the Griffin.ini file. If i close the ini file and re-open it is still there, so it's definitely saved it.
- I'm using the non-server required 1.40_2 version of the software
- Every phone still has "W" at the begininning when unlocking!
- I've tried deleting Griffin.ini and re-installing
- I've tried deleting revision=F, saving, then putting it back again
- I've searched to make sure there is no other Griffin.ini on the PC
- I've checked to see if there is another "revision=..." in the ini file

I've run out of ideas but there are other users using Vista without issue so I call on the help of others to get this finally sorted!

HELP!
FWC
Old 12-21-2007, 15:15   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 106026
Sonork: 100.77890
Thanks Meter: 127
bros dont put revision=F ON NEW STANDALONE IS WORKING PERFECT U WILL SEE STANDALONE ALONE TEXT AND IS AUTOMATIC REFISION F...INSTALL VER 136..141 AND COPY AND PASTE 1412 ...IS WORKING ON VISTA SUCESSFUL UNLOCK N95 NOW...IT WILL NOT ALLOW U 2 MODIFY IF U WANT 2 DOFIFY URSELF..BR
Old 12-21-2007, 15:36   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 409197
Thanks Meter: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by damabib View Post
bros dont put revision=F ON NEW STANDALONE IS WORKING PERFECT U WILL SEE STANDALONE ALONE TEXT AND IS AUTOMATIC REFISION F...INSTALL VER 136..141 AND COPY AND PASTE 1412 ...IS WORKING ON VISTA SUCESSFUL UNLOCK N95 NOW...IT WILL NOT ALLOW U 2 MODIFY IF U WANT 2 DOFIFY URSELF..BR
mate please dont comment when you dont sure!!!!
revision=F is needed always !!!!
Old 12-21-2007, 15:38   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 409197
Thanks Meter: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by freewaycomms View Post
I've still got this issue on Windows Vista where revision=F isn't working and it's ******* me off now so i would like anyone using Vista to help sort it. It's annoying to have to use an XP machine specific for MT-Pro.

Heres the score

- revision=F is definitely in the Griffin.ini file. If i close the ini file and re-open it is still there, so it's definitely saved it.
- I'm using the non-server required 1.40_2 version of the software
- Every phone still has "W" at the begininning when unlocking!
- I've tried deleting Griffin.ini and re-installing
- I've tried deleting revision=F, saving, then putting it back again
- I've searched to make sure there is no other Griffin.ini on the PC
- I've checked to see if there is another "revision=..." in the ini file

I've run out of ideas but there are other users using Vista without issue so I call on the help of others to get this finally sorted!

HELP!
FWC
Mate, problem is with griffin.ini!!! He is not on same place like in XP c:\program files\griffin team\.
use search to find another copy of griffin.ini and repalce with this from instalation and update.Need to have installed 1.36,1.41,1.41.2
Old 12-22-2007, 02:50   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Ahah! :-) Search results show 2 Griffin.ini files:

C:\Program Files\GriffinTeam\MT-Box

and also...

C:\Users\**USERNAME**\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\P rogram Files\GriffinTeam\MT-Box\

So I've edited the second one(no revision=F was here!) and will test out tommorrow!

I think this will do it - if it does then that's the location Vista users need to be editing!

Now the interesting thing is that Vista search is very funny, by default it only searches indexed locations so therefore it wasn't doing a full hard-drive search which explains why this second(non-indexed) file wasn't being found. If doing the search then you MUST use advance search option and make sure "Location" is not set to "Indexed Locations" - select the Drive C instead!

Also a good explanation can be found here: http://www.randyrants.com/2007/02/vista_tip_virtu.html

FWC

Last edited by freewaycomms; 12-22-2007 at 02:59. Reason: Added Vista search information
Old 12-22-2007, 03:03   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Another here:

http://echerng.net/blog/2007/08/31/t...-virtualstore/

Sorry for 2nd post - it wouldnt let me edit again!

FWC