GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > KULANKENDI Server

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2007, 07:40   #1 (permalink)

Member: 456641
Thanks Meter: 0
Cool KulanKendi doesn't work on Vista PC and tried to connect to the Sony phone P990i

Dear KulanKendi,

I am having problems with the Kulan Kendi Server that isn’t working on my PC still. I use a Windows Vista on Dell Dimension 9200. I was wondering if that might be a problem of incompatible with the software Kulan Kendi Client being used on Vista operating system or not. Does the Kulan Kendi Client require Windows XP SP2 only for it to work flawlessly?

However, all I did was installed it and next thing I did was clicked it, and it seems it did not open the application software at all. I did, however use a DCU-60 USB cable connected from PC and to the Sony Ericsson P990i; once I pressed the ‘C’ button on the phone. There was no message to alert me that if it had been successfully detected the phone, from then, it did not initiate the process of linking the phone to the PC. I am quite certain that the DCU-60 USB cable is fine but not faulty at all.

Could you tell me why it won't work in this way? I have successfully installed the USB Flash drivers first, but since then connecting to the phone, it never really worked in the end. Why?

Why I really want to use the Kulan Kendi is because that my Sony Ericsson P990i can’t start up, and it keeps flashes every time I press the power on, so it has gone dead. Sometimes there is red light flashing. My P990i crash several times and it had failed to work to normal operation.

I have purchased a credit from Kulan Kendi website three days ago, and would like to follow up with the transaction number, which is (12112-P603) and ordered on 25 February. I received the next day with both username and password together. Lastly, I have tried to install the software but did not work that it will not open up.

Also, it is best if I ask why, what cause the problem of opening the Kulan Kendi Client on a PC, which didn’t function properly in the first place, and I am seeking help from someone else in forum.

I would be much appreciated if you could help me on this matter with a solution and resolve it as swiftly as possible.

Many thanks.

Best regards,

Yau

Last edited by Mr.Dextor; 03-04-2007 at 08:05.

Old 03-05-2007, 21:54   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 384655
Thanks Meter: 517
Hi

KKClient was not tested on Vista systems, so that can not working,also not works on win2000 system, I'll try to fix it when will get any access to vista.
Driver dedicated for PDA phones are named Hermione, U can download it after click Drivers&etc button. When U connect phone to computer with "C" key then system must detect new hardware, if it not detect anything then try with @ key, if still system can't detect phone then can be cable problem, of course when U never install Hermione drivers. If U had already installed drivers then windows should make beep like when detecting hardware on usb.
So if phone is not detected/recognized then it can be drivers problem itself what are not works on Vista systems yet.
Second thing, KKClient will not repair UR phone only change CDA is supported. U have any sw problem and UR phone must be flashed. U mention that some phone sometimes blink with red led, it mean that if phone works like this then it can be hardware problem.

b.r.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Dextor View Post
Dear KulanKendi,

I am having problems with the Kulan Kendi Server that isn’t working on my PC still. I use a Windows Vista on Dell Dimension 9200. I was wondering if that might be a problem of incompatible with the software Kulan Kendi Client being used on Vista operating system or not. Does the Kulan Kendi Client require Windows XP SP2 only for it to work flawlessly?

However, all I did was installed it and next thing I did was clicked it, and it seems it did not open the application software at all. I did, however use a DCU-60 USB cable connected from PC and to the Sony Ericsson P990i; once I pressed the ‘C’ button on the phone. There was no message to alert me that if it had been successfully detected the phone, from then, it did not initiate the process of linking the phone to the PC. I am quite certain that the DCU-60 USB cable is fine but not faulty at all.

Could you tell me why it won't work in this way? I have successfully installed the USB Flash drivers first, but since then connecting to the phone, it never really worked in the end. Why?

Why I really want to use the Kulan Kendi is because that my Sony Ericsson P990i can’t start up, and it keeps flashes every time I press the power on, so it has gone dead. Sometimes there is red light flashing. My P990i crash several times and it had failed to work to normal operation.

I have purchased a credit from Kulan Kendi website three days ago, and would like to follow up with the transaction number, which is (12112-P603) and ordered on 25 February. I received the next day with both username and password together. Lastly, I have tried to install the software but did not work that it will not open up.

Also, it is best if I ask why, what cause the problem of opening the Kulan Kendi Client on a PC, which didn’t function properly in the first place, and I am seeking help from someone else in forum.

I would be much appreciated if you could help me on this matter with a solution and resolve it as swiftly as possible.

Many thanks.

Best regards,

Yau