GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > Siemens-Benq > Siemens-Benq Flash Patching > x4x, x5x Flashpatching

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2005, 12:13   #316 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 23248
Thanks Meter: 0

Patch idea.....
In calendar - inverted dates with birthday's appointments...
Only on birhday's.... Is it possible????
Old 03-30-2005, 21:04   #317 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 34029
Hello!

1. Make light function continously when I call somebody. It's really annoying when light disappears and I can't see the talking time, etc...
2. Show time and date in addition to number and name in outgoing calls list (like in missed calls list). Oh, if that could be done... I would be so happy...
3. Disable search result returning to the character I've searched for in addressbook.
{It can be done by pressing up or down keys, but that's so much time loss.... (har, har)}

Have anybody tried the newcalc patch?
I have tried but I don't know how to adjust the order.

MoDrone

Last edited by modrone; 03-31-2005 at 20:47.
Old 03-31-2005, 00:42   #318 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 66040
Thanks Meter: 14
@Charger:
I used Skylord's software and was able to uncheck the bit 25 of eeprom block 71. The ON animation is gone and has been changed to a blank screen instead. Maybe you could lessen the time it takes before it goes to the NET SEARCH mode Also, after unchecking bit 25, my phone shuts off when keypad is locked And there is a pic that shows in IDLE mode.
Old 03-31-2005, 17:57   #319 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 89407
more types of appointments in S45i. in europa, we have also nameday (not only birthday), and anniversary...
Old 04-01-2005, 06:22   #320 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 79973
I have no expirence about these bugs. My phone didn't turn off on keylock.
Sometimes phone startup without delay, but usually with it. I dont now why.
Old 04-11-2005, 19:45   #321 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 27745
Patch Idea (SLIKv56):

Use routine in Easteregg (D631D2) for vertical scrolling line with "Date/Time/own Text" in Mainscreen.
Old 04-11-2005, 21:27   #322 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 67838
I've heard lots of people asking whether someone could write a patch for using mp3 as ringtones (I know it's not possible, at least because there's no way getting the mp3 to play in the phone's internal speaker). Question is - would it be possible to do this using loud VMOs?
Old 04-12-2005, 01:02   #323 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Great Idea adancau We can convert WAV files to VMO now so maybe if your idea is possible, it would be like playing MP3 only with lower quality.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:15   #324 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 69110
@adancau & charlielao: have you ever tried playing loud VMO? its quality is really very low, but it sounds good to employ mp3 as ring tone (either through employing the internal speaker of the phone or installing some small hardware - a very tiny amplifier and speaker).
Old 04-12-2005, 02:57   #325 (permalink)
No Life Poster

@naransula:
yes. it has a very low quality but it would be a better alternative to our mono midi ringtones
This thread
Quote:
SL45 External Speaker w/ mini AMP possible?
was meant for the playing MP3 since we are able to play MP3 when there is an incoming call.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:29   #326 (permalink)

Member: 86346
I wrote post in flash patching but nobody wants to help me...
When you play VMO on dictaphone and empty battery signal appears, signal from dictaphone is very LOUD for a while. It can be used to make really poliphonic ringtones in SL45.

VMO has as quality as WAV on new phones (8000 Hz, 16 bit)
Old 04-12-2005, 09:02   #327 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakosek
When you play VMO on dictaphone and empty battery signal appears, signal from dictaphone is very LOUD for a while. It can be used to make really poliphonic ringtones in SL45.
That's very interesting, might mean that we wouldn't have to amplify VMOs, hence less distortion. Now I wonder if this could be used as a speaker function while calling , like in me45 for example.

Well, we need an expert opinion on these two.. neither of them might be possible at all.. master rizapn?
Old 04-12-2005, 11:20   #328 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 60520
Quote:
Originally Posted by adancau
That's very interesting, might mean that we wouldn't have to amplify VMOs, hence less distortion. Now I wonder if this could be used as a speaker function while calling , like in me45 for example.
I made up a new thread for this. Please reply there.
Old 04-12-2005, 17:43   #329 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Would it be possible to implement groups (as per the newer siemens phones - i.e. friends, family, business etc.)? It would be simpler if VIP is not just a 0/1 flag, maybe replace the checkbox with a number (0=normal; 1=friends; 2=family etc.), or maybe a selector. This could be used to enhance the view address book by group option, and would make life much easier for people with lots of contacts.
Would be nice for example to display address book as a list of folders (groups, as in the card explorer) that contain contacts.

Later finds:

from what I see in a doc describing the SL45 address book structure, for VIP:
This field SL uses to group, sort and locate records. It consists of 6 2-byte pairs
LSB of the first pair describes a group type and has the following values: 0x30 – Business card, 0x31 – VIP, 0x32 – no group
All the rest (excl ending) is a copy of the object’s surname (Field 2, 7 chars). If no surname entered, last 2 bytes take 0x77

Maybe use 0x33, 0x34 etc for other groups, it's clear that when sorting address book by group, contacts are sorted by ascending VIP value (0x30 Business card first, 0x31 VIP second and 0x32 the rest).

Could anyone with patching experience take a look into this?

EDIT:
Would be interesting to know what happens if we modify these bytes manually for a few contacts in the address book files on the MMC. If my prediction is correct, using 0x33 in the VIP field as per the doc above should place the entry at the end of the address book list when sorting by group. I will try to do that when I get home

EDIT2:
Am attaching the address book structure doc, in case anyone else would like to try something and doesn't have it. Erase the .doc from the file name, extract zip, yadda yadda yadda, you know the drill
Attached Files
File Type: doc SL45_001_v10_AddressBook_Structure.zip.doc (34.9 KB, 20 views)
Old 04-12-2005, 19:47   #330 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Ok, tested. I should have read the document up to the end. order is decided in the index file (9F02.adr), so not on the fly. Suppose index file is updated upon changes in a record, so this shouldn't change much with regard to the order by VIP (group).

Test went as followed:
1. Used a hex editor on the 5f02 file, changed to 0x32 a 0x31 value (so from VIP to no group)
2. Opened address book on the phone. VIP mark next to the name is gone, position has not changed (because index was not updated).
3. Again used hex editor to change VIP value to 0x33 (first one larger than the no group value - 0x32)
4. Once opened on the phone, position has not changed. I viewed the entry then pressed Edit. The VIP field was now <> instead of the usual <[]> or <[V]> (suppose this is because of the component used). Saved, entry went back to 0x32 (no group) - I suppose also because of the <[]> component.
5. Now changed to 0x30 (business card value). Address book openes correctly upon card reinsertion, but once the modified entry should come on screen (upon scrolling), a Multimedia Card Error appears. Otherwise access to address book is normal. I suppose there should only be one business card, or maybe the Index and/or Record allocation table files should also be modified to take this change.

Hope this helps anyone that has an interest in this topic. Unfortunately I don't know anything about patching, but maybe someone else could do something.